PDA

View Full Version : The Winds of Change - 3K Demonic Legion List

Soul of Iron
12-07-2005, 17:53
Hail fellow Warseers!

I have a 3K tourney coming up this September and I want to field the Tzeentch DL army I have been building over the last couple of months. Check it out:

Daemon Prince @ 550 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch
Diabolic Splendour
Spell Breaker
Blade of the Ether
Power Vortex

Daemonic Herald @ 260 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch
Diabolic Splendour
1 Disc of Tzeentch

Daemonic Herald @ 260 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch
Diabolic Splendour
1 Disc of Tzeentch

9 Horrors @ 199 Pts
Horror Champion

9 Horrors @ 199 Pts
Horror Champion

9 Horrors @ 199 Pts
Horror Champion

9 Horrors @ 199 Pts
Horror Champion

9 Flamers @ 225 Pts

6 Screamers @ 198 Pts

6 Screamers @ 198 Pts

3 Changebringers @ 210 Pts

3 Changebringers @ 210 Pts

2 Chariots of Tzeentch @ 140 Pts

Casting Pool: 13

Dispel Pool: 9

Total Army Cost: 2988

I didnít want to present any large units of horrors for my opponents to focus on; I wanted to stick with MSUs to allow for maximum flexibility.

I designed the army to behave like 3 separate 1K armies. The horrors will focus on the center, using their 4 bound spells and 4 casters to harass the enemy at range and soak up dispel dice and scrolls. I plan on always giving the unit champions Red Fire so I can hit the foes war machines and other annoying crap at 30í without them being able to fire back (most units that is). This unit size also allows me to ignore cannons and bolt throwers because at most they will kill 2 horrors which will mean nothing to me (repeater BTís are another thing).

The army has two identical flanking forces. The flanks will be held by the Changebringers led by a Herald, a unit of screamers, and one chariot. Each unit will be able to hold a charge from all but the nastiest of enemies allowing me to sweep into the flanks with one or more of the supporting units. All the units save the chariot will be fairly difficult to destroy and will require considerable resources from the enemy to drive off or destroy. My favorite parts of these flanking units are the chariots. The d6 S4 impact hits are ok at best; itís the 8 S4 attacks that follow that make me all warm and tingly inside. They are perfect for flying into the front rank of Skaven/Undead units and killing mages/BSBís. :D

Now enter the DP and the flamers. I plan on using them as a means of beefing up one of the other 3 forces. The DP can make a real mess of cavalry, and the flamers are one unit that no one is going to want to charge. I canít wait till my opponent charges them with anything and I stand and shoot. Can you say 9d6 shots? I canÖ :evilgrin:

So there you have it. What do you guys think?

Riddy
13-07-2005, 08:10
14 casting dice at 3K, you may be weaker in the magic phase that you assume (most people are going to be fielding a Lv4 at 3K, along with 1-2 Lv2s, thats alot of scrolls) I wouold consider a Lord of Change, much more cost effective than a daemon prince and a flying monster that can negate ranks is indespensable in an army that has no ranks to speak of. Other than that the army looks like your average Tzeench daemon horde would.

Soul of Iron
13-07-2005, 12:46
The list has 13 dice for casting yes, but it also has 4 power lvl 5 bound spells that go off at the start of the magic phase. When those horrors get within 12" of large regiments they are going to cause a lot of pain.

I looked at the lord of change and I can't see bringing him. I would have to reduse the size of the army just to fit him in and the list is small enough. The DP is a flying terror causer but I don't intend on charging R&F troops with him to often. He is designed to threaten and nuke from range.