PDA

View Full Version : My Redemptionist gang so far...

Dark Apostle197
02-01-2007, 01:30
After three games here it is... hasn't gone that great, except for getting a power axe after the first game.

Priest
Bolter, club, las pistol, exterminator, power axe.
WS: 5 stat increase
94 XP

Deacon: Failed to do anything! After three games he has gotten 9 Xp...
Lasgun, knife
Old Battle Wound
XP 69

Deacon
Shotgun+manstoppers, club, autopistol, exterminator
Chest wound... So T2.
XP 71

Deacon
flamer, lasgun, knife
XP 79

Crusader
Shot gun w/manstoppers, autopistol,
Old wound
fast shot, I4
XP 42

Crusader
Autogun, autopistol, club
WS 4, I4
XP 43

Devotee
Club, autopistol
WS 3, I4
Old battle wound
Xp 13

Devotee turned crusader
Club, autopistol
Nerves of steal, impressive scars(thats one brave juve!)
XP 22

Zealot
Eviscerator, exterminator
XP 30

Catferret
02-01-2007, 01:45
Harsh on the injuries dude!

So, Power Axe after the first game? And their was us debating wussy S4 attacks! Nice find! Maybe ditch the bolter to maximise your attacks?

Dark Apostle197
02-01-2007, 04:17
Lol it was funny. i was all disapointed when I said "Ok... lets do our trading now..." Then the first roll was and 11 so I was like w000t! I am glad I had like 20 creds left from the beginning gang. I want to keep the bolter though. Plus with WS 5 he has a pretty decent chance now, as both the other oponents have not gotten any WS upgrades yet. So he is atleast 2 higher except for the ratskin and delaque leader. So far on all the injuries I have rolled like two ful recoveries and the rest were bad. i had one capture on a juve, but because the ratskins cannot trade with guilders he let him go... Without his auto pistol ofcourse :)

Catferret
02-01-2007, 04:53
Now you just need Fast Shot guy to roll another attack. Then you could convert his shotgun to look like a Pancor Jackhammer.

Well, better luck with the Injuries!

Dark Apostle197
02-01-2007, 04:59
I found out what is really fun... Scatter shot on small catwalks that have 4 people on them :)

Catferret
02-01-2007, 05:07
Awesome!!! The fools... Exterminators and frags are also fun. If you can find Plasma grenades then you can block off some walkways and force your opponent to run across the one with your flamers at the other side...

Dark Apostle197
02-01-2007, 05:18
But man, I found out how important getting to the high ground before the other guys is, the hard way. I got extremely lucky my first game. A lot of my guys got pinned and deciding jumping off a building was safer, and then my leader went down, though I still made the three route checks. Then the ratskins got within 12 inches of my gang (luckily all my exterminators except for my leader was still up) so all hell broke loose (literally... Flamey flamey) and he failed his first test lol. I lost the second game one the second route check when three went down(my leader was up...lol) then I won the third by using scatter shot to get the delaque to drop themselves off buildings which were all 6 inches high :)

Catferret
02-01-2007, 05:22
Shotguns are great. They are my current favourite Leader weapon. Load them with Bolt Shells and they have the same range as a Bolter but can knock people off buildings easier because it's a Shotgun. Same cost as a Bolter too. Not even restricted so anybody can have them. Except Juves...

Dark Apostle197
02-01-2007, 05:33
Yeah, but bolter is a sign of power... Because I say so! :)

The ratskin leader made 4/4 or 5/5 forgot how many he took, but he made all his ammo rolls...

Catferret
02-01-2007, 05:41
They do have the "I'm mean coz I've got a Bolter" thing going for them. It's in all the fluff too. Leaders have Boltguns because they like to show off. Fair enough I suppose. I probably would too if I was in their position.

My current mind frame is trying out stuff that I haven't done before. I'm gonna start a thread for my gang in the M,P & T when my flatmate and his camera get back from holiday. I will also have a thread in here at the same time so people can rip apart my choices like I have been doing to everybody else!:D

People will learn to fear my copious quantities of autoguns...

Dark Apostle197
02-01-2007, 05:46
They will fear my shotguns... Then flamers if they get close muahahahaha... yeah. So what do you think I should try to get my juve turned crusader?

Catferret
02-01-2007, 05:53
With Nerves of Steel they are very likely to be able to move every turn. Play on their mobility and get them into close combat and beat people round the head. They already have decent equipment for that. Maybe a sword or exterminator. Build it into the club like a techy burning brand!

What other advances do they have? 22 xp is enough for a couple more. That would certainly influence the decision.

Dark Apostle197
02-01-2007, 06:04
The crusader turn juve has WS 3 and I 4 also. the normal devotee without nerves and scars has WS 3 and I 4 also... I wonder if exterminators can go into clubs... Nope, though they can go into chainswords... May be a thought later on when I have more income... I don't want to many exterminators to be nice to people. The friendly campaign we are in right now does not need to be WYSIWG though, which is nice, we just want to learnt he rules and tactics of our warbands before the real league starts... Have a little headstart :)

Catferret
02-01-2007, 06:11
I was thinking back to the old days when any weapon except knives and pistols could have Exterminators. The Flameclub TM would have been sweet...

Chainswords then. Nothing quite says chastise the unbeliever like a few razor sharp metal teeth shredding your spinal column...

Dark Apostle197
02-01-2007, 16:32
MMMM... I can feel it now :)

Dark Apostle197
06-01-2007, 07:32
Here's more!

Priest
Bolter, club, las pistol, exterminator, power axe.
WS: 6 stat increase
116 XP

Deacon
Lasgun, knife
Old Battle Wound
XP 77

Deacon
Shotgun+manstoppers, club, autopistol, exterminator
Chest wound... So T2.
XP 76

Deacon
T 4
flamer, lasgun, knife, power axe... yup! Another one!
XP 84

Crusader
Old wound
fast shot, I4, gun fighter... This guy is close to useless! He does nothing...
XP 51

Crusader
Autogun, autopistol, club
WS 4, I4
XP 46

Devotee turned crusader #1
Club, autopistol
WS 3, I4, BS 3
Old battle wound
Cause fear, weapons smith(was hoping for a better one...)
Xp 26

Devotee turned crusader #2
Club, autopistol
WS 4, LD 8
Chest wound, shell shock(that is one brave freaked out juve!)
XP 44(he did three wounds in one games... he is growing up so fast *sniff sniff*)

Zealot
Eviscerator, exterminator
S4
XP 32

More bad rolls for wounds lol. My last game i took out all but 3 of the opponents gang, I lost three... I LOST! He had LD 7 I had 8 and failed first! I got revenge by watching his leader die... SO he is lead by a juve turned ganger turned leader :)

Catferret
06-01-2007, 07:40
2 Power Axes?! Aargh! That's just mean! And one's on a WS6 guy? Dude...

Looks like Gunfighter guy is gonna be ditching the Shotgun and acquiring a second Autopistol! Run up close and fire twice a turn at close range and he'll suddenly become a lot more useful!

Your gang is starting to get real nasty now...

Lord Humongous
06-01-2007, 14:56
I've never been a fan of power axes, but if you have WS 6, they should be good. Especially if you also get "hatred" going from the preacher's sermons (which would also help with bottle rolls).

I'd strongly consider dropping the preachers bolt gun (give it to a deacon) and club, if the model allows it, or if you can find a new model. A much better setup (given his advances) would be to have a bolt pistol, chainsword (for the parry), power ax, and exterminator. You loose 6 inches of shooting, but gain an attack, and the option of using the chainsword / power ax combo, or using the power ax two handed (which currently you can't do).

Crusader
Old wound
fast shot, I4, gun fighter... This guy is close to useless! He does nothing...
XP 51

Its not the fighter that's useless, its the model.

Ditch the model for one that has two pistols (I strongly suggest two auto-pistols) and you'll have a grand old time. He'd be a great "squad mate" for your re-tooled leader.

You could even use the current model to represent one of your maturing devotees.

Devotee turned crusader #1
Club, autopistol
WS 3, I4, BS 3
Old battle wound
Cause fear, weapons smith(was hoping for a better one...)
Xp 26

This goy would work nicely represented by that old model. Shotgun plus BS3 is good, and if you got him Bolt rounds for the shotgun, his Weaponsmith skill could prove useful. You may not have planned on him being a "sniper", but take what yah got...

Devotee turned crusader #2
Club, autopistol
WS 4, LD 8
Chest wound, shell shock(that is one brave freaked out juve!)
XP 44(he did three wounds in one games... he is growing up so fast *sniff sniff*)

Another guy with good stats who deserves better weapons. How about an exterminator? Obvious cantidate to join your preacher in a close combat "squad"...

Dark Apostle197
06-01-2007, 17:07
I just don't like devotee #2 being T 2. If he was atleast T 3 I might have even given him the P. axe. Right now models don't matter, this campaign is to learn the rules for the one in a couple of months that does matter, so there are no WYSIWYG issues. SO after my next game I maybe will get the stuff. I am so mad, I totally forgot he had those special rules, like him maybe not being pinned... And the tenacious inspire thing would have been VERY useful last game (IE making me not have to take a bottle because when the pinned guy was a little to far away, he just got up to take a heavy stubber to the chest again.

And catferret, my gang is getting pretty nasty, I was slaughtering the delaque gang in 2/3 games, but he won the last one... The second one was an easy win, we played a mission where I had two guys... He had 4, two of which were heavy stubbers... Yeah.

Catferret
06-01-2007, 17:22
Oh, the 2 Heavy Stubber approach is surprisingly viable for a starting gang... They are cheap and reliable and churn out a lot of shots. If you combine it with lots of unequipped Juves you still have enough models to not worry too much about casualties.

I have never tried it but have seen it used to great effect by Escher and Goliath. I guess the closest Redemptionists could do would be Grenade Launchers but they are too expensive, unreliable and inaccurate for my tastes.

Getting the hang of the game ok?

Dark Apostle197
06-01-2007, 17:37
The gang is a lot of fun... Redemptionists only get melta guns and flamers out of their gang listing, unless because they are common I could buy them outside the gang list. I am not complaining that he had two stubber. I am complaing that I rolled a 2 to have two gangers on the field in the mission...

Juve 1 now has the shotgun and the crusader now has the second pistol. With his fast shot if he gets another attack he can be pretty decent in the assault or up close shooting :)