PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think zombies lack something?

BaronDG
02-01-2007, 14:26
I think the current zombie range to be too monstrous, hardly anything humanleft in them at all. And therefore they miss the horror of the zombie: that this was just a man, maybe a friend or relative but now possessed by an apetite for flesh.

I know that you can mix and match with other kits but it tends to be expensive.

I searched the fantasy forum for clues when they'll release Vampire Counts again, but found nothing so I guess it isn't too soon.
Am I the only one who hopes for more "human" zombies in the future?

HalfEvil333
02-01-2007, 14:40
The current zombie range is great for Fantasy, since they are supposed to be corpse that have been dead for years being raised by magic. But for 40k, it just doesn't feel right. The best ones I've seen are more Cadian/Catachan than zombie.

EVIL INC
02-01-2007, 14:56
Yes, I would say that they do indeed look better if they look "human". The right paint job and a lil creative work with a dremil or knife can make the decomposition work and the paint job do the rest (on models such as cadians or catachans). A few bits from an undead players bitz box (easily traded for) can fill out any who have suffered from time more.
Edited for model clarification

BaronDG
02-01-2007, 16:19
With some luck we'll get our own 40k zombies. Eventually...

Falkman
02-01-2007, 16:28
I searched the fantasy forum for clues when they'll release Vampire Counts again, but found nothing so I guess it isn't too soon.
Current rumours says they'll be released in autumn/winter 2007.

The Judge
02-01-2007, 16:36
I really good paint job works wonders on the Zombie models, trust me.

Onisuzume
02-01-2007, 18:58
Try the Mordheim zombies, there's a few humans among them. (also some for the other races)

BaronDG
02-01-2007, 19:18
I've got the old necromunda plague zombies, they're nice and "human" but with only a few poses I don't feel I can do justice to an undead horde...

Son-Of-Sparda
02-01-2007, 19:20
I really want to say that the only thing that zombies lack are: 'BRAAIINS!!'

Hobgoblyn
02-01-2007, 19:38
There is a Space Marine legion around called the Legion of the Damned that is rumored to be made up of undead...
At least they dress like it and are never seen outside of their armor.

Maybe they are zombies.

TCUTTER
02-01-2007, 20:46
there not, there the flame falcons, more akin to ghosts if anything, imo they should be realesed again in plastics, as both loyalist and chaos could use bone effect armour

Wraith
02-01-2007, 21:51
There is a Space Marine legion around called the Legion of the Damned that is rumored to be made up of undead...
At least they dress like it and are never seen outside of their armor.

Maybe they are zombies.

Vet Sgt Centurius is seen out of his armour (his head), I have the model...

EVIL INC
02-01-2007, 23:34
As mentioned, they are more ghostlike then zombielike. They mysteriously appear out of nowhere to fight and then just as mysteriously disapear. They are "good guys" and act in anything but a zombie fashion. The only zombie-ish thing about them is that they are corpereal and that they use bones along with flames in thier iconography. The resemblances stop there.
You know, I remember wanting rules for them early on in Rogue Trader days and then later when the rules were released and they absolutely disapointed me. Now looking back, I preferred them when they were a mystery.:(

adreal
03-01-2007, 00:13
Oh no a fantasy model that doesn't work for 40K....gasp, whatever will you do....oh wait, maybe 40K doesn't need zombie models as they are only for an appendix codex list, not a mainstream list. If you have such a problem with fantasy zombies, just paint your guard up like they are dead, use some red washes and move on.

BaronDG
03-01-2007, 03:08
mmm...yes...why didn't I think of that...what a good suggestion...

InquisitorNiels
03-01-2007, 04:13
I think it is! I think he was about the second or third person who has said that now too. Use a few zombie parts, but mainly use the basic troopers and paint them up good and dead!

rrchristensen
03-01-2007, 08:15
Anyone else think zombies lack something?

I can't believe I'm the first person to say this...

yes, they need brains. Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaains! Braaaaaaaaaaaains!!

Ahem.

Having said that, I second the idea of painting up basic Cadians as undead. A few ink washes should do. Maybe model a little slouching skin on faces and hands, replace a few boots with zombie or skeletal parts (as in, "ooh, my boots got stuck in the mud and my skin slid right off when I pulled hard", or "there's such a thing as wiping too vigorously when blowing one's nose.")

Most importantly, don't overdo it. There was an amazing unit of undead Cadians on coolminiornot, complete with peeled faces etc., but for the life of me :p I can't find it now... Maybe someone else knows? They were mainly khaki green and rotting faces. Looked wonderful (for ambulant rotting corpses with guns).

EDIT:

I really want to say that the only thing that zombies lack are: 'BRAAIINS!!'

Darn, someone beat me to it!

BaronDG
03-01-2007, 13:37
I guess you are right and cadians is the way to go. Thought about it a bit more though and realised that what I really want is civilians. That brings the horror of zombieness in a way a soldier never could.

Toppan
03-01-2007, 20:21
well...what does an imperial citizen look like in the first place?

Flame Boy
03-01-2007, 22:16
Well, possibly necromunda scavvies could look the part I suppose... they look downtrodden and slightly sickly. Slightly more effective than "falling to pieces" zombies.