PDA

View Full Version : Death Guard Heresy-Era Blog is up.

bigred
02-01-2007, 19:21
I've finally gotten around to putting this one up.

http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/

Enjoy, and more posts are coming soon.

-bigred

Warwolt the skaven
02-01-2007, 19:31
Looks good, Really like the semi-retro predator. Really nifty

Boss_Salvage
02-01-2007, 20:32
Fantastic stuff, nice blog. The Defender is really slick too.

- Salvage

TCUTTER
02-01-2007, 20:42
awesome paint/conversion job on the predator, i almost want to make a marine command tank like it, except i dont have the bits..

Tussky
03-01-2007, 11:20
Looks good!

I see U use a lot of Multi-Meltas.Can I ask how effective they are ? How do you use them ?

ss_cherubael
03-01-2007, 13:14
Looking good mate, i spent a while having a look at them and i think its fair to say they look ace.

That pred is especially very cool, do you think that you could do a tutorial on how to swap the turrets around as i wouldnt mind doing that for some of my sm tanks, as it looks like it can stand up to alot more than the new or old preds could, very armoured and safe looking. I say that now and its going to get krak missiled in the first turn now,......

tinfoil
03-01-2007, 14:27
Nice blog! I love the painting and conversions. And seeing that hobby side of things together with the strategy (list building) is great, too. Please keep the blog going.

bigred
03-01-2007, 16:41
@ tussky
I just posted my thoughts on Multi-Meltas

@ ss_cherubael
Thanks for the kind words. The retro predator conversion is actually pretty easy. It turns out that the old 2nd edition sponsons exactly fit into the space defined by those odd "hand holds" that stick out just above and below the side hatches on the current rhino model. The trick is to use a ton of heavy duty epoxy or superglue to attach those suckers as they are really heavy (being all metal).

For the turret, I epoxied the entire turret ring from the old 2nd edition kit centered over the closed top hatch of the rhino. The biggest pain was the lascannons.

For the sponsons, I cut off a current edition plastic lascannon at the proper length and glued it onto a standard plastic IG Heavy bolter sponson weapon mount. For the Turret, I used a linked lascannon that was leftover from a Baal predator I built and shaved off enough of its manlet to fit cleanly into the front of the 2nd edition turret.

The rest was just loading the main body with parts from the IG vehicle accessory sprue like the tarps, baggage rolls, and the riveted plates covering the headlights.

-bigred

MAD MAN-A-TRON
03-01-2007, 19:26
This is so awesome, I've been sitting on about 1.5k point worth of marines with no clue as to how I want to use them, finally I have an idea!

Rikka Rakka
03-01-2007, 22:02
Very good! The kind of project thats too few and far between anywhere around! I like how crisp the pre heresy mini's look!

Tussky
04-01-2007, 19:15
Nice tactics.But a 6 man squad isn't too fragile ? I mean after 2 wounds you have to pick down your MM marines.