PDA

View Full Version : Agree before start of game

Krankenstein
02-01-2007, 19:51
If you where to compose a checklist of rules to agree on before games, what would it include?

Iíll start with an easy one:

1) Clipping or Sliding, sir?

Festus
02-01-2007, 19:53
Hi

1) Clipping or Sliding, sir?
Neither - nor if not absolutely necessary.

The former as in the rules for charges: if you cannot reach otherwise.
The latter if there is no other possible way to maintain contact.

Festus

gukal
02-01-2007, 19:57
2) effects of terrain (especially LOS vis-a-vis hills/trees)

- Gukal

Festus
02-01-2007, 19:58
3) friendly or WAAC?

mattjgilbert
02-01-2007, 20:51
4). When is a die (dice) "cocked".
5). Do you count wounds taken or wounds removed? When you have a dice next to your model, what does it mean...

Tutore
02-01-2007, 22:36
2 bis) Does a wood prevent your cannon on a hill to fire to my unit behind it?

DaBrode
02-01-2007, 23:30
1.) How do you distinguish "like" units and their banners/weapons/bonuses?

I've played people that have "like" units, such as night goblins, and on their army list they have them pointed correctly but on the battlefield they look exactly the same. Once one of the two comes into combat, they can pick which of the two this particular unit is.

Them: "That's my Night Goblin unit with the big boss that has the [blahblahblah] sword, 3 fanatics and [such-n-such] banner!"
Me: "How do you know? Couldn't it be this one as well? This one only has a boss and 1 fanatic. Something is fishy, maybe you should mark one of the units if they differ."

DeathlessDraich
03-01-2007, 09:49
1) I know what you mean Krankenstein - maximise models in btb contact instead of clipping which is an Appendix 'suggestion'

In addition to pts mentioned

2) Buildings - 1 or 2 storeys

3) Quick review of Special rules for each army

Krankenstein
03-01-2007, 12:28
1) I know what you mean Krankenstein - maximise models in btb contact instead of clipping which is an Appendix 'suggestion'

Quite. But the sliding Festus is talking about exists too, I guess.

GGGGG
GGGGG__________Giant
GGGGG
____XCXXXXXXXXX

Where G is a goblin, _ is notthing and X a crossbowman, and XC a champion. If the champion snuffs it, the crossbowmen slide one step to the left to keep combat going.

As opposed to FAQ sliding

1) Xbowmen charge goblins

GGGGG
GGGGG__________Giant
GGGGG

_____XCXXXXXXXXX

2) Xbowmen slide left with a "pling", and giant goes "huh, where did they go?"

GGGGG
GGGGG__________Giant
GGGGG
XCXXXXXXXXX

Tutore
03-01-2007, 12:51
1.) How do you distinguish "like" units and their banners/weapons/bonuses?

I've played people that have "like" units, such as night goblins, and on their army list they have them pointed correctly but on the battlefield they look exactly the same. Once one of the two comes into combat, they can pick which of the two this particular unit is.

Them: "That's my Night Goblin unit with the big boss that has the [blahblahblah] sword, 3 fanatics and [such-n-such] banner!"
Me: "How do you know? Couldn't it be this one as well? This one only has a boss and 1 fanatic. Something is fishy, maybe you should mark one of the units if they differ."

You are right, I painted my two units of night goblin with a slight difference of color to avoid doubts.

Sureshot05
03-01-2007, 13:36
Even if I don't include a banner, I place a banner with the regiment (normally in the back ranks) just to help distinguish units.

T10
03-01-2007, 13:48
I like that one!

-T10

DaBrode
03-01-2007, 22:40
For those commenting on my addition to this thread and how they mark their units...it'a just as important to mark the army list with the distinguishing feature.

I hate to think people cheat in this game...but...people are people and I hate when a game isn't played by the rules. My fault or otherwise. I even get ticked off when I find out I've played something wrong in a previous battle. Who can say if that wrong play wasn't the turning point of the game? Anyway back on topic, that's what I would agree on before the game.