PDA

View Full Version : They...ruined regeneration didn't they?

Dragon of the Pants
02-01-2007, 21:01
Okay, so working on a previous explanation given to me by an older thread on the forums, I used the Crown of Everlasting Conquest on my Chaos lord in a large game yesterday. The way it was explained is that if he takes say 5 wounds, he only has to regenerate ONE to stand back up, since it's done AFTER he lost the wounds.

However, when the situation arose, the people I was playing with did not believe me. And when I went to show them...the 7th rule book only has a short blurb on it, consisting of "A regeneration save is basically a second 4+ ward save that doesn't work on fire"

What the hell?! They just crippled regeneration game-wise and made it make NO sense fluff-wise...

I assume there's no FAQ or anything to change it back? *sigh*

Sherlocko
02-01-2007, 21:04
On the plus side, in sixth if you died and then regenerated you could not strike back. Now you may strike back in the combat even if you regenerated to keep you alive. Personally I think it has become stronger.

Festus
02-01-2007, 21:42
Hi

Yes, Regeneration has become stronger and more easily implemented. It basically is an additional Ward-Save now, nothing more, a bit less (ignored by flaming attacks).

There is another plus: You do not lose Regeneration in 7th. :)

Festus

Tutore
02-01-2007, 22:33
I like the new version: simpler and clearer, with no odd situation. I already used it on my troll.

Varath- Lord Impaler
03-01-2007, 05:11
If your chaos lord with the crown of everlasting conquest gets killed i'd say he deserves to die. Or at least turned into a spawn.

hehehe

But no, you lose the 4++ get back up but you gained some much cleaner and nicer rules.

Gorbad Ironclaw
03-01-2007, 05:20
The old rules was quite overpowered in some cases, not sorry to see that go at all

And it makes more sense now. Are you seriously telling me it's as easy to regenerate a cut on shoulder as it is to regenerate being chopped up and run through a meat grinder? Because that was essentially the effect of last editions regeneration rule.

adreal
03-01-2007, 06:16
7th ed regen rules are great, simple and quick to implement. Really your the only one at fault here for not reading the rulebook, sorry.

Dragon of the Pants
03-01-2007, 06:29
Well sorrrry, we're still learning the new rules. I don't have time to read the whole book front to back. And since I thought I'd heard about all the major changes so I assumed it worked the same or at least similar. *sigh* They should have changed the name, since it's not regeneration anymore.

Einholt
03-01-2007, 06:45
Yes it is, every wound u suffer u get a chance to regenerate if you dont you die, like ca mon how is it "regeneration" to get sliced up and then regen 1 arm to live? The old one wus overpowered and it was the WRONG version. Regeneration is now what it should have been.

Griefbringer
03-01-2007, 08:20
They should have changed the name, since it's not regeneration anymore.

Seriously, imagine what amount of confusion and compains that would have caused: there would be references to regeneration all over the army books, but the rulebook would not have rules for that but instead only for [rule formerly known as regeneration].

And if you do not have time to go through the whole 7th edition rulebook at once, I would at least recommend that when selecting an army you should reference all the special rules that apply to stuff you have chosen.

T10
03-01-2007, 08:47
Good advise.

Also, don't hinge your game plan of freakish fringe benefits like the one provided with 6th edition Regeneration.

Player1: "Hah! You dealt 11 wounds on my Chaos Lord! You are so pwnd!"
Player2: "You're weird, you know that?"

-T10

Griefbringer
03-01-2007, 09:18
I checked the cost of the Crown of Everlasting Conquest, and it is priced at 50 points, which is more or less normal price for a 4+ ward save - especially one that can be stacked with another ward save. So nothing to complain on that aspect either.

Braad
03-01-2007, 10:21
When you loose two trolls in combat, and afterwards you regenerate them both, and since they both didn't do any attacks, the enemy wins on ranks, Ld4 -3 for ranks for example... then you're not happy.

But now, with the new rules... much better!
Certain freaky by-effects? I won't miss 'm.

enyoss
03-01-2007, 11:10
I hadn't realised Regeneration had changed. We played the current version (4+ Ward save equivalent) for the vast majority of 6th edition. We thought that the 'one 4+ saves all' was wishful thinking and that there was no way it could have been intended like that... until I saw the rules discussion here that is :)!

In fact, I've been avoiding Regeneration items in my Wood Elf lists as I didn't want to lose the return attacks with the characters. Now I don't have to worry about that (while losing the wierd effects) I think Regneration has become loads better!

Cheers,

enyoss

Bortus
03-01-2007, 18:21
The new regen rules are far better and make more sense and this is coming from an O&G player so there!

Mephistofeles
03-01-2007, 18:52
No they should not have changed the name, since it's regeneration, not resurrection...as it should have been from the start.

Dragon of the Pants
03-01-2007, 20:50
I still won the game. And honestly, I thought the thread I read was only a month or two, but it turns out it's several months old. ><