PDA

View Full Version : have there been any new guard doctrines?

Orinoco
02-01-2007, 21:53
Hi guys,

I seem to recall some doctrines for guard being released by games workshop some time ago, I think they may have coincided with a campaign or something. A search on the forums yielded nothing. Any thoughts on how to find them?:confused:

Culven
02-01-2007, 21:54
There have been additional Doctrines released in White Dwarf, but I know nothing of a PDF release of additional Doctrines. Are there any specific Doctrines that were supposedly included in this PDF?

jfrazell
02-01-2007, 22:34
*there were abhuman doctrines and armored company released in WD. I believe Xenos mounts also fall into this category.

spacemonkey
02-01-2007, 23:01
There was also a swamp fighters doctrine in one WD.

Necrontyr
02-01-2007, 23:04
There were a whole slew of Abhuman doctrines in WD 300, there was the Xenos Mount doctrine in the Creature Feature issue, and there was the above mentioned swamp fighter doctrine in another issue.

I'm pretty sure that's all of them though...

Angelus Mortis
02-01-2007, 23:04
Wasn't there an all Rough Rider list somewhere? And if it was a WD, can someone give me the US Issue number?

greenmtvince
02-01-2007, 23:14
Don't forget the Surgical Enhancement Doctrine for the D-99 Elysians from IAv4. Although, that's specific to that army list only.

Lord Malek The Red Knight
02-01-2007, 23:17
and there was the above mentioned swamp fighter doctrine in another issue.
swamp fighters? where can i read that? :confused:

~ Tim (UK)

jfrazell
03-01-2007, 13:30
No there has not been a rough rider list in WD.

Panzer MkIV
03-01-2007, 13:49
swamp fighters? where can i read that? :confused:

~ Tim (UK)

UK WD 305 Chapter Approved IIRC

Necrontyr
03-01-2007, 16:36
Swamp fighters is kinda cool... it's basically jungle fighters for swamp terrain, and you can get 2 grenade launchers. IT's the only doctrine that I know of where you can get 2 special weapons in a squad.

Angelus Mortis
03-01-2007, 17:17
No there has not been a rough rider list in WD.Hmmm..I know I saw one somewhere, I just cant remember where. I hope someone can help me out on this. Its really bugging me now.

jfrazell
03-01-2007, 17:29
Hey I'm ok being wrong on this one, I'd love to see a roughrider list.

Angelus Mortis
03-01-2007, 17:31
Hey I'm ok being wrong on this one, I'd love to see a roughrider list.
I swear I saw it in a store in some printing (which I could of sworn was WD, but I could be wrong) and it was basicaly a trial list for a Cavalry based IG list. I know I saw something and I just cant remember specificaly as it was several years ago and I lived in a different state at the time.

TCUTTER
03-01-2007, 18:16
next guard codex they need to wheel out some new stuff, new regimental layouts would be good, rough riders, armoured divisions, stormtroopers, each with its own exclusive stuff such as obviously tank aces or rider chieftains.

mistformsquirrel
03-01-2007, 19:00
next guard codex they need to wheel out some new stuff, new regimental layouts would be good, rough riders, armoured divisions, stormtroopers, each with its own exclusive stuff such as obviously tank aces or rider chieftains.

Not to mention making Warrior Weapons halfway worthwhile (ie: make it a free exchange or something)

Oh, and I saw an idea for a doctrine on another forum awhile back - and I still think its a good idea:

Special Equipment: Lascarbines, Range 18", Str 3, AP -, Assault 2, +1 point per guardsman.

Some people where freaked out that it was Assault 2... but its also just a lasgun at BS3 - and it makes you alot less likely to stand and shoot meaning you won't have a heavy weapon for every single squad (because if you do it won't be doing much shooting!)

Justicar_Freezer
03-01-2007, 20:16
Hmm well all the extra doctrines that where released in WD have been covered. However on the point of the all Rough Rider army. Wasn't there an appendix for such in army in the 3rd edition rulebook guard list. I know there was an appendix list for a Storm Trooper army and I believe there was one for a Rough Rider army as well.

Angelus Mortis
03-01-2007, 23:26
Hmm well all the extra doctrines that where released in WD have been covered. However on the point of the all Rough Rider army. Wasn't there an appendix for such in army in the 3rd edition rulebook guard list. I know there was an appendix list for a Storm Trooper army and I believe there was one for a Rough Rider army as well.
That very well could be it. Its been a long time since I saw it and it was only that once. Im hoping someone will pop on and say exactly where it is. Its a very cool idea IMHO, and may even spark me to make a list if its playable.

Culven
04-01-2007, 00:10
That very well could be it. Its been a long time since I saw it and it was only that once. Im hoping someone will pop on and say exactly where it is. Its a very cool idea IMHO, and may even spark me to make a list if its playable.
I seem to recall seeing a Rough Rider army Doctrine proposed on the GW forums. It was probably in one of those "what other Doctrines would you like to see" threads. It wasn't official in any way, but it was interesting. I think that it proposed allowing Guard Infantry to select mounts at +10 points per model.