PDA

View Full Version : Animosity and Shamans

damiengore
02-01-2007, 21:56
Hey, I've had a problem in the last couple of games where if I put my shamans in ork mobs they inevitably squabble and I can't use that shaman for an entire turn. In one game the unit squabbled 3 times! Half the game without that shaman! Blimey, I've thought about deploying a black ork hero in the mob my shaman is in but it makes it a very expensive and a juicy target.

I tried running a shaman on his own but I had to hug cover and such as he would have been eating a hochland long rifle, very dangerous game to run and can limit his scope of activity.

Any thoughts on shamans and animosity? How do you cope?

Zonq
03-01-2007, 02:33
This may be a weird solution, but join him with a(some) troll(s)!
No animosity, no panic!
But of course you get the downsides like stupidity, no Look out sir, etc...

It was just a fun suggestion,

Zonq

Highborn
03-01-2007, 05:14
Hmm .. time to take him out of those Ork mobs then and start putting him in some Orc units. You'd probably need to rebase him, but there's always the plus side - you won't have to deal with bolter fire, and his Waaagh! magic would be infinitely more effective. ;)

Seriously though, he'd get singled out by a Hochland Long Rifle no matter whether he was in a unit or not, wouldn't he?

What about deploying him in a unit of Black Orcs?

You should really only squabble once a game, if that. Anything more is just bad luck.

Zonq
03-01-2007, 07:08
You should really only squabble once a game, if that. Anything more is just bad luck.

Yeah it's just bad luck, but it happens sometimes. And when it happens you loose your magic phase(s).

But, as you said, the best way is to put them in a unit which is not affected by animosity, or but a black orc in the unit...I think that's the only possibilities.

Zonq

stashman
03-01-2007, 09:12
Put the shaman in a black orc unit and you will have no animosity BUT when you call for the waaagh!!! the black orcs are on the move....

Braad
03-01-2007, 09:28
Give him the magic paint then. +2 power dice when the shaman is in CC. And some nice ward save (there an enchanted helmet, which is not stated to be armour...) and a mighty choppa, and suddenly you have a fierce warrior shaman.

But then again, I think animosity is just something you have to live with, even with shamans. That's orcy spirit for you.
With the new rules, I hardly field any shamans anyway, I take the banner with extra dispel dice and go for an all choppy army.

I played a game last week, 2270 points, and in the first turn only one unit which had to test did not squable or go running to the enemy. Well, let it be, and kill 'm a turn later.