PDA

View Full Version : dwarf 2000 points

The Temenian
02-01-2007, 23:13
I am still a little bit new to warhammer, and have been experimenting with a dwarfs list. heres is an interesting one I came up with, Im not sure how well it would work though

Lord:
Lord with GW, and shieldbearers 176 points

Heroes
Thane Bsb with master rune of stromni Redbeard (is this rune worth it?) 190 points

Core:

22 longbeards w/ shields musician, and standard bearer (thane and lord here) 264 points
(this unit goes in the center of everything)

25 warriors w/ shields full cmd 250 points

25 warriors w/ shields full cmd 250 points

10 quarrelers w/ shields and musician 125 points

10 quarrelers w/ shields and musician 125 points

special:

bolt thrower w/ engineer , rune of penetration 85

cannon w/ rune of forging 125 points

cannon w/ rune of forging, and rune of fire 130 points

rare:

2x gyrocopters 280 points

models:109
dispel dice: 4 (i probably wont be needing them)

this is gonna be for casual battles against my friends, and i decided to leave out the runesmith because my friends list dosen't have many power dice (3 or less) any suggestions?

Panzer MkIV
04-01-2007, 13:42
You've got a pretty solid list there.

Just a couple of suggestions: swapping a gyrocopter for a Organ gun to protect your flanks against fast cavalry and skirmishers.
I've never realy used those expensive Master Standard runes so I can't comment on them. Let me know how it works out for you.

An alternative I use is the Strollaz rune combinded with the Master rune of Grimnir in order to give me a fighting chance against gunlines. It's also funny to see the look on your opponants face when your army is halfway the table in just one turn. ;)

eleveninches
04-01-2007, 13:53
looks good. might want to make the warriors into units of 20 and consider a rune of battle. Get full command squads for your warriors. I like the idea of 2 gyrocopters (i myslf use 2 grudgethrowers, which is also prety effective against horde armies)
Change the thane to a dragonslayer maybe?

eleveninches
04-01-2007, 13:54
IMO, you are not taking advantage of the options for your lord. Drop the shieldbearers and get some good runes.