PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think GW missed an opportunity with this OK character?

gorenut
02-01-2007, 23:18
Braugh Slavelord.

I don't play OK, but I would definitely have some interest based on this character's background. Pretty much he was enslaved by a Necromancer for a while, until he finally broke free, ate the necromancer and kept his skin as trophy. Now he's a slavemaster himself, but due to having the necromancer's skin, he has power over the undead as well.

gORCUS
02-01-2007, 23:26
You mean by not making him available to everyone? I know I would've gotten one! He's got a lot better model than Greasus, and the most unique backround of any character mentioned in the army book (except maybe Jhared the Red).

gorenut
02-01-2007, 23:28
Yea, I would have loved to have seen this guy more readily available and to have actual stats in the book. Heck, maybe even have both him and The Red be part of RoR units. Yea, not a big fan of Greasus.

lee
02-01-2007, 23:31
i know he is a great chararcter. in one of the big store games we had a while back i got to use him. he rocks good thing for me i got his rules of the store staff members:D

Sandlemad
02-01-2007, 23:37
Ture, he's better suited to be a RoR than the other OK characters. He has wonderful potential and is great for making battlefield stories out of through converting your opponent's troops, just like the Cursed Company. Nice to see the undead where they should be, serving the living. And a big fat living chap with a funny mask at that.:p

I quite like Greasus, just not the model. The artwork of him, with the sweaty skull, the half-eaten horse's haunch, the emissaries offering tribute and the huge evil grin is wonderful to behold. The model needs to be less 'pimp-daddy' and more 'smug money-lender'.

I don't really think that Jhared the Red would work as a Ror on the other hand. Too focused around the Mountains of Mourne.

gorenut
03-01-2007, 00:06
Anyone know where I can actually find more info about the model and stats for Braugh?

Sandlemad
03-01-2007, 00:16
http://home.earthlink.net/~pugpics/fe/braugh_rules.jpg

Here's a photo of his rules, best I could find. As to the model, it pops up occasionally on ebay but expect to be paying a fair bit. Actually, whoever's selling you the model ought to include the rules, they came with it.

Come to think of it, I'd be a happy man if GW re-did Golgfag, the original Maneater. He'd be pretty interesting, an ogre who is general of a combined ogre, human and otherwise mercenary army.

gorenut
03-01-2007, 00:53
Thanks for the post. His rules aren't as interesting as I have imagined, but still would be interesting to take, nevertheless.

I was reading Golgfag's fluff as well. I agree with you.

Move Fast Hit Low
03-01-2007, 01:14
i like him but i think jhared the red has better backstory, and i do agree that greasus is a fat slob, one of the ugliest models IMO

gORCUS
03-01-2007, 01:28
I agree that the artwork for greasus is pretty awesome, which is why the model is so disapointing. The whole army has a dark, bestial feel like the artwork, and this guy who is supposedly the baddest of the bad looks like a cartoon character. Well, it's not like I'd ever field him anyway, at least not for two lord choices.

Paulus
03-01-2007, 01:38
Am I the only person who likes the Greasus model?

gORCUS
03-01-2007, 02:06
Possibly.:D

Paulus
03-01-2007, 02:32
Oh well, I always knew I'm a bit strange! Seriously though whilst it's not on a par to the hunter imo it's a far superior sculpt to the butchers!

Back on topic though here's a link to pics of the Braugh mini for anyone who's not seen it:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://home.earthlink.net/~pugpics/fe/braugh4.jpg&imgrefurl=http://home.earthlink.net/~puggimer/id21.html&h=242&w=400&sz=21&hl=en&start=3&tbnid=tP4eI1zLThu7DM:&tbnh=75&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3DBraugh%2BSlavelord%26svnum%3D10%26hl% 3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff

Weregerbil
04-01-2007, 00:43
Yeah the butchers are just horrible models and any self repecting OK player will convert their own.

Move Fast Hit Low
04-01-2007, 00:48
well if you dont convert your own your forced to spend $35 on a real one

Mephistofeles
04-01-2007, 10:55
What, that model looks lika a clone of Scrag the Slaughterer...are you serious?

And those rules were seriously lame...such a cool concept and all they do is make some sort of normal RoR-unit without any necromantic special rules or anything...disapointed.

Dranthar
04-01-2007, 15:11
I think the rules are great. :D

I seriously don't understand why GW doesn't release models like this to the wider community. The model itself is pretty cool (aside from the face, which is hard to see whether it's nice or not), and I'd be willing to bet that they'd sell quite alot of these models, even if it's only a splash release and even if the rules remain unofficial.

One other thing - I wonder how the stockholders feel about GW wasting money on making molds so they can hand out a few free models without earning a single sent back? It seems pretty wasteful, especially for GW. :confused:

Paulus
04-01-2007, 15:26
It was done simply as a reward to managers (presumably for good performance over the year) & what better way (other than increasing their pay) to reward people who are into the hobby than to give them a mini that no one other than they shall have.

Personally I would applaud GW for doing this as the world is heading more & more towards employee's being treated as little more than cattle.

It is nice to see a business doing something simply to reward there employee's for once.

sulla
04-01-2007, 19:08
The rules are ok but the model is gimpy looking. I like the current tyrants better.

Imperial Git
05-01-2007, 13:12
and i do agree that greasus is a fat slobIMO

He's an Ogre; what did you expect? ;)