PDA

View Full Version : Forge World Great Unclean One?

Minibull
02-01-2007, 23:23
:D I had a couple of questions for those of you who have received a Forge World Great Unclean One, so I try to rationalize to the wife why my Death Guard army -needs- a $180 figure... :D

1 - Is the figure solid resin or hollow? If it's hollow, I would be concerned that it might be very fragile. If it's solid, it might be too heavy to actually carry around with the rest of my army.

2 - I've never gotten any FW pieces before. Is the figure you get as detailed as it appears in the FW web pictures? Is their casting pretty solid or will it need tons of green stuff to make it look good?

3 - Does the figure come with special character rules (my group allows FW rules so this would be great)? I would guess, if so, it would cost 777 points to reflect Nurgle's special number. I'm not asking for rules (unless you want to tell me ;) ), but are his special abilities decent or sad? I would say he'd have a high toughness, but 10 might be a little much :D .

Thanks!

azimaith
02-01-2007, 23:26
Uh, the great unclean one is just a greater daemon of nurgle from what I understand. Theres no special reason why it would have special rules.

vampires are cool!
02-01-2007, 23:59
Well didnt Argonath the unbound [is that his name?] get a special set of rules? I'd check Forge world if i were you.

Reinnon
02-01-2007, 23:59
all the FW greater demons have their own special rules

Minibull
03-01-2007, 00:08
Uh, the great unclean one is just a greater daemon of nurgle from what I understand. Theres no special reason why it would have special rules.

I know that the Khorne and Slaneesh daemons have special rules (having had a good chunk of an army eaten by the Khorne one :eyebrows: ). I don't see that FW has any rules up for the GUO which they usually have when they release a figure. I see that the Slanny daemon still has rules in the download section.

studderigdave
03-01-2007, 00:23

all the FW greater demons have/will have special rules. they coincide with the parent daemon's "sacred number" abd usually have some sort of special attack/weapon.

i emailed imperial armor at forgeworld, i got word from Warwick Kinrade saying that rules for the GUO are on their way. it might not be solid to say when, but its better than just assuming that NO rules are comming.

about the model, its a SOLID block of resin. its wider than it is tall, which looks great.

Pavulon
03-01-2007, 00:34
I look for the GUO's special rules to be in Update 2007. Right now I just use it as a super impressive looking normal GUO. The body is solid resin and very sturdy. The tongue, horns, sword feel as if they could snap if you weren't careful with it. Seeing as it cost a good bit, I am very careful with mine. If you do get one, you'll never want to see the GW metal GUO on your gaming table again.

Gaz
03-01-2007, 00:38
Even if it is solid, It's not going to be as heavy as a metal counterpart. I have the FW Avatar, and I was shocked at the lightness for its size. I imagine it'll be the same for the GUO...just on a bigger scale :p

Minibull
03-01-2007, 13:22
I look for the GUO's special rules to be in Update 2007. Right now I just use it as a super impressive looking normal GUO. The body is solid resin and very sturdy. The tongue, horns, sword feel as if they could snap if you weren't careful with it. Seeing as it cost a good bit, I am very careful with mine. If you do get one, you'll never want to see the GW metal GUO on your gaming table again.

Ahhh, thanks. I assumed that if you ordered one from FW, it would have been sent out with the special rules. I guess they were not finished in time to ship with the figure.

Slaaneshi Slave
03-01-2007, 13:46
The FW Greater Daemons do not get shipped with the rules. At least, my Keeper of Secrets didn't.

Sildani
03-01-2007, 14:17
No rules get shipped with FW stuff. You have to download them, or buy the book they're in.

Killgore
03-01-2007, 15:59
you could use FW rules or just the normal greater daemon rules in the Chaos codex

Bregalad
03-01-2007, 16:34
1.) I would guess that it is solid as all other resin models. It will be a bit heavy, but less so than with metal (as said before). Be aware that resin parts can break off or take damage if not handled and transported with care.

2.) FW models usually are not as detailed as on the pics: They are MUCH MORE DETAILED than that ;) . Only drawback: sometimes parts are warped or have flush so need special treatment (as you will find in other FW threads). Resin models are for more experienced modelers.

3.) FW usually releases extra rules for all its models, including the demons. Mostly as a pdf-file for a short time, then later in one of their books. No rules for the GUO have been released yet, but I guess, they will appear in the next Imperial Armour book, that deals with Nurgle Chaos.

BloodiedSword
03-01-2007, 17:01
I've only had one FW model (Sergeant Culln), but I was astonished at how light it was. It was the resin Terminator Sarge, and it was lighter than a plastic termie!

I don't think you need to worry about weight, even if it is solid :)