PDA

View Full Version : NEW Wraithlord, so fun to build.

studderigdave
03-01-2007, 01:29
i seriously haven't had so much fun building a model in years. im remaking my old alatoic eldar army i had before i joined the marines, and the wraithlord was the first purchase i made. the kit offers ALOT of options, and with a knife, some green stuff, and a couple pins, i fell in love with this piece.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/studderingdave/DSC00761.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/studderingdave/DSC00760.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/studderingdave/DSC00759.jpg

he still needs the weapon mount, but im waiting for my shipment of RE magnets to come in.

greenmtvince
03-01-2007, 01:35
Whoa! That's slick! I love the pose. Can't wait to see it painted.

Astador
03-01-2007, 01:36
Amazing! Now paint it! lol

The Laughing God
03-01-2007, 01:40
Great job with the pose. Looking forward to seeing the model painted. It looks very good so far. Good luck with the painting.;)

Deadleyheadley
03-01-2007, 01:43
Thats one sweet Wraith lord ,I love the pose ,Looking forward to seeing it painted up :)

Catferret
03-01-2007, 01:46
Damn! That was pretty much the pose I was working on... Well, yours looks better anyway! Guess it means I have reference pics for mine now! My flatmate will be happier about not having to pose! (Seriously...)

If your painting skills are half as good as your modelling skills then that is gonna look awesome!

studderigdave
03-01-2007, 01:48
i actually had my girlfriend in this pose for like 20 minutes holding a broomstick for reference. she wasn't to happy about it.

Catferret
03-01-2007, 01:51
Nice... I need one of those liitle poseable wooden mannequin things. I keep making crazy Inquisitor models and have to use my flatmate as reference. He doesn't seem to mind though coz he gets me to convert his 40K Guard models for him.

Boss_Salvage
03-01-2007, 15:14
Nice use of the girlfriend ;)

That said, wild pose there, solid stuff. I like the back tabards to give motion and such to it, but I'm not so wild about its right leg. It's less the big bit of putty at the knee and more how odd the right ankle is (though it only looks weird in the 3rd pic, so maybe that's it). Impressive how you perched it on the base, as I get the feeling a slightly bigger base would have made the pose easier to get the 'lord into ...

Look forward to paint, but not fighting the rest of the Eldar :(

- Salvage

greenmtvince
04-01-2007, 02:48
i actually had my girlfriend in this pose for like 20 minutes holding a broomstick for reference. she wasn't to happy about it.

So...you were able to take a picture of the model and post it here, but couldn't take a picture of your girlfriend and use that as a reference because... :p

doghouse
04-01-2007, 03:07
Really nice pose! Much more alien and animated than the regular straight out of the box version. Damn it, I've been fighting the urge to get one of these (being that I'm a Marine player most of the time) but you may have convinced me that the kit is worth the cash.
Can't wait to see it painted. :)

skyfurnace
04-01-2007, 03:14
Now if you could just get an AVATAR model that you could do something like that with, right?

That is a really sweet pose, man. Very cool work. Can't wait to see it finished.

Gaz
04-01-2007, 06:29
I am so stealing this idea :-D

Arhalien
04-01-2007, 11:13
Looks very nice, wonderfully mobile. It does look a bit odd from the directly front on view though... Can;t wait to see it painted.

Voronwe[MQ]
04-01-2007, 14:18
Nice, very, very nice. It must be the most dynamic model I've ever seen. If you are very good at painting - and this model deserves the best one can give! - you may be able to win a Golden Demon statue, or maybe even a Slayer Sword. Go for something pretty dark with lighter contrasts and emblems, runes, patterns and whatever you cna think up for it; just a tip.

Voronwe

Ixajin
04-01-2007, 14:37
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Wraithlord.

I love it! If only I could go get my new wraithlord and have a go at it. Like everyone else I look forward to seeing this beauty painted.

||-MARKO-||
04-01-2007, 18:57
good god! it just simply screams out 'bring it!!' :D

i love the pose. its proper, not like the studio's : 'im brain dead. come get me' pose. proper warrior stance.

NOW PAINT IT!:p

marko

Almost_Famous
04-01-2007, 19:49
Sweet Zombie Jesus! Kung-Fu Wraithlords!! That is probably the BEST pose for that model that I have seen yet!!

Green-is-best
04-01-2007, 20:06
Amazing pose! How much modification did that require?

studderigdave
04-01-2007, 21:18
cut the legs at the knee, filed them to a flat, pinned them than filled with green stuff. empty hand was pinned. sword hand was pinned and bent back top make the blade extend more. back banners were heated up with a candle than bent into place. didnt use any bitz that you dont find in the kit, thats what i was lookin for.

thanks for all the nice comments, it will see paint when im done with my deffwing...