PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Dwarves vs. Orcs and Goblins

intellectawe
03-01-2007, 06:32
I have finally gotten around to putting my battle reports online.

Come check it out here.

http://www.intellectawe.com/BattleReports.html

Once you check it out, if you have any comments, please say so. I know it isn't the best battle report, but I am getting better at keeping track of these things as I do mroe of them.

Braad
03-01-2007, 10:47
Good play there!

Though I have to admit I'm not in favour of playing with unpainted armies. But that's personal of course.
And I don't like orcs that loose as a matter of fact too, but that's even more personal :p

Some advise also... Perhaps you should build up the report in turns. My experience is that such approach keeps them tidy. Like as they do in WD too. Also taking a picture or so at the start of each turn can easily help you keep track of what happens during the battle.

intellectawe
03-01-2007, 15:16
Yeah, I get so caught up in the battles that I forget to take pictures. All my fault.

Shimmergloom
03-01-2007, 15:53
Why was his army so much smaller than yours?

And why was he using grimgor on a boar and in a unit of boar boyz? That's illegal.

intellectawe
04-01-2007, 21:17
Why was his army so much smaller than yours?

And why was he using grimgor on a boar and in a unit of boar boyz? That's illegal.

I don't know. I probably got the character wrong.Maybe itsGorbad Ironclaw who rides the boar?

His army wasn't smaller than mine. He had, what 93 models. I had,um, 101ish. Not that much of a difference.

Remember, mytwo Hobgoblin units are only 50 points each. He had 4 orc units, all of them Big Unz including one unit of blackorcs. I don't remember ths specifics. So they were mighty expensive. Plus his unit of savage orc boys were tooled out.

damiengore
05-01-2007, 17:21
Yah unpainted models totally ruin it for me, personally I don't play with them at all, it's unsightly.

wageslave
07-01-2007, 11:36
Ahhhhh unpainted models burn my eyes. I understand the drive to play and not invest time in painting, but dude! It's a cardinal sin!

intellectawe
07-01-2007, 21:12
I don't post my battle reports for looks. I couldn't care less. I post them for people who play Chaos Dwarves and would like to see other people use them in a battle.

asrian
09-01-2007, 19:04
Bah, unpainted, painted, proxied. Who cares? I play this game for the tactics and the strategy. You could bring an army of twigs hot glued to bases and call them a Dryad Army for all I care and I'd still play it (Just so long as things are labeled to avoid confusion). Warhammer is about the game to me, not the artsy stuff. I'll leave that to everyone else.

As for the reports, it's nice to see them. I've been thinking about building a Chaos Dwarf army since I got the BFSP set and don't play dwarves. I do agree though that you should put them in turn sequence next time as it will make it a bit easier to read, but otherwise thanks for sharing. :)

intellectawe
09-01-2007, 20:30
Bah, unpainted, painted, proxied. Who cares? I play this game for the tactics and the strategy. You could bring an army of twigs hot glued to bases and call them a Dryad Army for all I care and I'd still play it (Just so long as things are labeled to avoid confusion). Warhammer is about the game to me, not the artsy stuff. I'll leave that to everyone else.

As for the reports, it's nice to see them. I've been thinking about building a Chaos Dwarf army since I got the BFSP set and don't play dwarves. I do agree though that you should put them in turn sequence next time as it will make it a bit easier to read, but otherwise thanks for sharing. :)

Check out my second report. Its on the forums here also. I did a MUCH better job of making the game more understandable.

txamil
10-01-2007, 04:03
The Chaos report is about a hundred times better. Still nice to see other CD players around and kicking ass though.

intellectawe
10-01-2007, 04:14
Yeah, this was my first. As you can see by my main battle report page, in 2006 I have fought alot, but never made any bat reps of them.

This was my first attempt at making a battle report. Sucks I know, but hey, we all gotta start somewhere right?

Tutore
10-01-2007, 07:07
You should write BattleReport on the title, I was missing it! The last report is better, obviously. I don´t understand why your bolt thrower squabbles. In the O&G armybook war machines and units with fewer than 5 models in general don´t have to take animosity test. I know very little of chaos dwarves, tough.

intellectawe
10-01-2007, 13:53
I believe I said it on my other thread report here. It was a mistake, one I have to add to the battle report later at the very end.