PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point of tournument beastmen

callum in hat
03-01-2007, 20:15
hey hey guys, please do not slap me for the shaggoth......

Shaggoth-L.armour, Great Weapon, Slaaneshi-346
Bray shaman-Slaaneshi, level2, 2 D-scrolls, Bray staff-186
Bray shaman-Slaaneshi, Staff of Darkoth-155
Wargor-BSB, Slaaneshi, The Beast Banner-165

Herd;
-11 Gor w/2ccw
-8 Ungorw/shields
-full command-152

Herd;
-12 Gor w/Shields
-8 Ungor
-Full Command-151

Herd;
-12 Gor w/Shields
-8 Ungor
-Full Command-151

5 Hounds-30
5 Hounds-30

Tuskgor Chariot-85
Tuskgor Chariot-85

6 Chaos Ogres-H.armour, Great Weapons, Full command-314

still have 150 points to spend, any advice?

lee
03-01-2007, 21:48
yo callum i like this list very nice

with your 150pts you could try takeing
two spawn
some cheap beast herds
three minotaurs
two dragon ogres

if it was my army. i would take the two spawns on some more hounds
use the spawn to hold up units and you can take two as a rare choice

mightygnoblar
03-01-2007, 23:42
personally i would never take a shaggoth as my lord choice as it is just not wroth losing the ambush special rule
also i would drop the mark of slannesh from your wargor and leave him as undivided as he will have to join a beast herd and so will lose the immune to psychology special rule anyway
i am also a little woried that you have invested a little too many points into your brayshamans

as for your beastherds i have often found that shields should never be anywhere in the herd, the protection they offer the ungor is minimal at best and it is not worth sacrificing the plus 1 attack for the gor

I am also not a big fan of chaos ogres, especially such a large number in what is essentially meant to be a horde army

overall i would say that your armies got quite a bit of hitting power if used right, but it is small (not much larger than my 1000pt) as does not have much in the way of staying power

Dspankdo
04-01-2007, 03:34
Ummm, why have you made your shaggoth your general, you lose the ambush rule and he doesn't need the mark of slaanesh he causes terror.

Xavier
04-01-2007, 06:10
He has the highest leadership, no?

callum in hat
04-01-2007, 07:29
yes, well he has the mark of slaanesh so that he goes first with a great weapon... simple really =D

Dspankdo
04-01-2007, 09:23
Isn't that only for daemonic generals.

beastgod
04-01-2007, 13:49
No the Shaggot is immun to psykologi from the start so instead the slanesh gives him strike first. I have tried with a shaggot as general in the last eddition and it works OK. ld 9 to the beastmen helps much...

kyussinchains
05-01-2007, 02:48
it's an old, tired peice of advice, but you should have more ungors than gors in a herd, you pay less points for the same unit strength and rank bonus, you might even get a few extra spear attacks in combat if your first 2 ranks arent solely made up of gors.

The box sets are backwards, 12 ungor to 8 gor is about right, and yeah, drop the shields