PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points dark elf msu. still needs characters.

kir
03-01-2007, 20:35
10 corsairs champ+muso 115

12 executioners draich-master+musician 150

5 dark riders muso+ xbows 127

2 cold one chariots spears 194

10 xbowmen shields muso 125

6 cold one knights full command 219

2 reaper bolt throwers 200

totalling 1612 points. was thinking of a peg noble with ring of hotek and lifetaker as an annoyer for mages, and the seal of ghrond on an other character. not sure how many or if any sorceresses. comments?

Palatine Katinka
03-01-2007, 20:56
It's a big drain on points (over 200) but I'd consider a Battle Standard Bearer with the Hydra Banner for the Cold One Knights. That just gets messy. It's worth it for the look on a High Elf player's face when you remove 15 of his Spearmen!

Sorceresses are the characters I started with so I'm trying something different now. They work well as a pair, that way at least one spell should get through each turn. Combined with the shooting units you have you should be able to cause some Panic tests and possibly disrupt the enemy lines.

By the way, why no Standard Bearers in the foot troops?

kir
03-01-2007, 21:51
there i see the difference between d.net and here.only at d.net, noone replied to my post:S
MSU basic principle: every unit can be used as bait. if i flee/break, my opp gets 100 more VP's off an cheap unit trhough losing the banner. thats a no-no. Usually i will get my static CR out of a flank charge.
nothing in a MSU army should cost much. so, no hydrabanner bsb,and that's why i try to not have any sorceresses, because they are expensive. the amount of units the opponent has to deal with mostly compensates his magic. the hunter-noble on a peg i will take, one certainty, but i still need a general of some sorts.at current points left, i doubt a sorc will make it in...
EDIT: explaining thread for MSU:http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=7589

Palatine Katinka
03-01-2007, 23:48
If VP denial is what you're after, get a cheap Noble & put him somewhere relatively safe. Crossbowmen are unlikely to fight but Corsairs have better armour... Don't give him anything fancy, just take him so that the guy on the Pegasus doesn't cough up an extra 100 if he dies!

I understand your point about the Hydra Banner but it still rocks. Once saw a unit of Saurus led by a Slann run off the table because the Cold One Knights killed half the unit and ended up out numbering them!

kir
04-01-2007, 11:34
its all eggs in one basket, even for a convenional(20-guy blocks) dark elf army..

thought the other way: what if i make my highborn very tough,so he doesn't die fast?
with a lance,dark steed, sdc,shield, armour of eternal servitude,crown of black iron he has a 3+(2+ against shooting) armoursave, a 5+ ward, and a regeneration save, and he can join either the cold one knights or an infantry unit for extra punch. You would statistically need (assuming bs3 bows on long range single char) 216 shots to be wounded ONCE. in CC, against S3 WS3 guys, that becomes 55 attacks for one wound. A peg noble with seal of ghrond will be magic defense, tiny unit hunter or flank charger.

10 xbowmen shields 120

10 xbowmen shields 120

6 cold one knights full command 219

noble dark peg full armour(heavy+shield+SDC)+lance seal of ghrond 166

highborn CobI+AoeS dark steed lance+sdc+shield 256

comes at 2024. what to lose?

Palatine Katinka
05-01-2007, 04:32
Where will the Highborn be? He may be difficult to kill but if he doesn't join a unit he may get hit by a Dwarf Flaming Bolt Thrower. That wouldn't be pleasant. Could he be put on a Cold One, then drop one from the Knights? That would shave off some points. If you then sacrifice the Standard Bearer from the Knights you should be back below 2000. Quite an exchange but on the plus side, his save just got better and the extra Ld is handy for Stupidity tests.

kir
05-01-2007, 08:03
in any unit he wants to. thats the point of the DS. and the bol thrower need to hit and pass his ward, but it is one of the few flaming ignore AS attacks which i may not encounter. but i will try to keep him with a unit or maybe one turn of moving in the open.six coold one knights is a bit over the top if i want to include him in the unit, so i'll drop one.then i put the muso bak on a unit of rbxmen, and we have 2000 exact.

10 xbowmen shields 120

5 cold one knights full command 190

noble dark peg full armour(heavy+shield+SDC)+lance seal of ghrond 166

highborn CobI+AoeS dark steed lance+sdc+shield 256

total 2000 pts 0PD 3 DD. and thanks for the ideas.

Palatine Katinka
06-01-2007, 07:25
Cool. Hope they serve you well.