PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy races??

Killshot
03-01-2007, 23:05
There has been some lively debate over where in the Warhammer World us gamers want GW to go next. But, one common request is not to do human! What other non-human races are out there that GW can explore?

der_lex
03-01-2007, 23:09
Fishmen.

There, I said it.
And on the first response, too.

Killshot
03-01-2007, 23:13
Fishmen.

There, I said it.
And on the first response, too.

argh!! I totally forgot about the fishmen! :D

Falkman
03-01-2007, 23:17
The Fishmen would be, simply put, totally awesome.
I've been a big fan of them since back in the days when the rumours were going around, and I've even almost completed an army list for them.

gorenut
03-01-2007, 23:20
Won't say the actual words seeing how some people might be offended.. but theres also the often-touted short, dark, primitive/aboriginal, people who's name starts with a P.

I really wouldn't want to see cat people or monkey people. Insectoid race would be interesting but I can already see a lot of claims of being too close to Tyranids. Also would be interesting to see weird tentacle-clad Cthulu-like people.

Now that I really think about it all... I really wouldn't like to see an entire new race as an army. I'd rather see GW really turn it up on re-doing existing armies, including ones who don't have army books. I would prefer GW to use the opportunities of other races to have an ever-expanding DoW list, preferably something that can be constantly updated.

Hobgoblyn
03-01-2007, 23:21
Hobgoblins
Chaos Dwarves
Bastet and other Beastfolk (could just be a DoW style book)

I wouldn't throw out human all together though, because Cathay would be very cool.

75hastings69
03-01-2007, 23:37
There are plenty of races knocking around in the Fluff (there is even a nod and a wink to fishmen(ish) in the LM book). These include Insectiod creatures (in fluff they are at war with Cathay or Nippon - I don't recall which or where I read it), Fimir (last mention in WD a few months ago). Hobgoblins, Cat men, Monkey men, Amazons, pygmies, Chaos Dwarfs, missing VC bloodlines, I think there are even mentions of Half Orcs and White Orcs somewhere in current fluff, Places that could be visited include.... Araby, Nippon, Tilea, Dragon Isles, Cathay..... loads. To be honest GW have pretty much open reign to develop the rest of the Warhammer world map however they want as little is known about alot of the areas on the map and they don't appear in the current fluff in other races histories.

I for one should definately like to see Araby and CD get done sooner rather than later. And if it could be done in a way as to be different from 40k Nids I should also be interested in an insectiod race.

Weregerbil
03-01-2007, 23:53
Well Arby has now had a wm release so they just need to scale it,I know its not that easy. Oh and don't forget the Elven kangaroo riders!

der_lex
04-01-2007, 00:10
On a serious note, I'd like to see an army with golems of some sort in them. One way of doing so would be a Cathay army based on the terracotta army of China.

With that in mind, I think any Cathay list based on eastern mythology (terracotta warriors, rakshasa, monkey warriors, etc) would be a lot more interesting than a samurai/ninja based human list.

Crymson
04-01-2007, 00:14
White orcs? Elven kangaroo riders? Could someone provide some more info on these? Where are these mentioned, as this is the first time I have heard of them.:confused:

Mephistofeles
04-01-2007, 00:22
Chaos Dwarves.

I absolutely love Cathay, but they can wait, Chaos Dwarves NEED it!

Palatine Katinka
04-01-2007, 00:32
White orcs? Elven kangaroo riders? Could someone provide some more info on these? Where are these mentioned, as this is the first time I have heard of them.:confused:

I believe White Orcs were marked on a map in the Orc & Goblin Army book 2 editions ago. I thought they'd be pale Orcs, my friend thought it would just be the name of a tribe.

Elven Kangaroo riders from the Lost Isles of Elithis are who's stopping the Daemons from invading from the South Pole.

Weregerbil
04-01-2007, 00:35
Elven Kangaroo riders bouncing into battle " Forward skippy, smite them with your mighty thews!".

Colonel Max
04-01-2007, 00:47
Chaos Dwarves.

I absolutely love Cathay, but they can wait, Chaos Dwarves NEED it!

I wholeheartedly agree.

Move Fast Hit Low
04-01-2007, 00:50
gorenut we live in america, just go ahead and say pygmy

i would like to see cathay before chaos dwarves

Catferret
04-01-2007, 00:51
Elven Kangaroo riders from the Lost Isles of Elithis are who's stopping the Daemons from invading from the South Pole.

Damn Kangaroo Riders are the reason Glorious Tzeentch isn't making any headway in the Southlands!:mad:

Weregerbil
04-01-2007, 00:54
Yep skippy is handing you your a$$!

gorenut
04-01-2007, 01:25
gorenut we live in america, just go ahead and say pygmy

i would like to see cathay before chaos dwarves

Hah, I dunno.. if it's considered a racial slur anywhere, I'd rather not use it.. but I see your point.

Personally, I would prefer to have Cathay stay as not an army in the Warhammer universe. Revealing them as an entire army will take away a lot of their mystique. Maybe at most, have them appear as DoW choices or RoR.. which pretty much goes back to what I would prefer.. GW making a highly expansive DoW list.

Chaos Dwarfs are long due for some support.

der_lex
04-01-2007, 02:25
I didn't mention Chaos Dwarves since they're technically not a 'new' race. I'd like to see them before anything else though, even though that would mean starting a third army (my better half will love that...).

And except for a few words that have lost all other meaning, I think most slurs are only really slurs if there's malicious intent behind them. I'm against racism, but I'm also against exaggerated political correctness. That way to censorship leads, and to the dark side... *Yoda-like 'hmph*

bluesky322
04-01-2007, 03:06
[QUOTE=Palatine Katinka;1190719]I believe White Orcs were marked on a map in the Orc & Goblin Army book 2 editions ago. I thought they'd be pale Orcs, my friend thought it would just be the name of a tribe.
QUOTE]

they mention the white orcs at the end of the first paragraph on page 18 of the current orcs and goblin book so first paragraph right column page 18 very end

Crymson
04-01-2007, 04:17
I believe White Orcs were marked on a map in the Orc & Goblin Army book 2 editions ago. I thought they'd be pale Orcs, my friend thought it would just be the name of a tribe.

And here I thought there wasn't a Warhammer equivilant to Australia :D

Killshot
04-01-2007, 04:34
Yes, I definitely agree that GW needs to complete CD before moving on!

Many of the different creature races (ie, monkey men, bastet, etc.) can all be lumped into "beastmen" and that may get confusing. GW has made the chaos beastmen into goat men, but all of the stories list numerous animals/mutants.

I thought of the insectoid army too, since it would work pretty well for Ind (due to the caste system and such). Another idea would be draconian warriors, but they are too close to Lizardmen unless GW went with more of a chinese dragon look (fu man chu mustache).

I would also like to see an Araby army that is like the Warmaster army. The Sassanid Persian theme is great and having cataphracts instead of knights, elephants, etc would give them a bit of a difference from other human armies.

snurl
04-01-2007, 04:40
I would like to see the Sky Titans (before their fall) done as an "historical"
WHFB army. I also wonder about the missing Vampire bloodlines. Giant Vampires anyone?

Hobgoblyn
04-01-2007, 04:48
Hah, I dunno.. if it's considered a racial slur anywhere, I'd rather not use it.. but I see your point.

Personally, I would prefer to have Cathay stay as not an army in the Warhammer universe. Revealing them as an entire army will take away a lot of their mystique. Maybe at most, have them appear as DoW choices or RoR.. which pretty much goes back to what I would prefer.. GW making a highly expansive DoW list.

Chaos Dwarfs are long due for some support.

Well, I somewhat agree with you that it would kill the mystery, but here is the thing...

You could create your Chaos Dwarves out of normal Dwarves with some conversion. Maybe not some of the most extreme units, but there is no reason you can't take green stuff and the Dwarf line and create your own Chaos Dwarves.
Similarly I can create Hobgoblins out of just about any human or elven unit.
In these cases what we need are tournament-legal rules to field them.

However, the cool thing about creating Cathay as an army is that would mean GW would have to undertake sculpting a range of minis to make it available for them...
Now take a moment to throw up some pictures from Romance of Three Kingdoms and Dynasty Warriors or check out the ancient Bhudist Guardian models of Chinese, Korean and Japanese tombs...
Now wouldn't you like to be able to paint those up and be able to throw this army down against the (Roman) Empire, Brettonia, the Egyptian Undead, and even the Orcs, Dwarves and Elves?

Petey
04-01-2007, 06:57
Give me Cathay, Ind, and Nippon, (in that order) then give me Chaos Dwarves, Arabi, and Dogs of war. Put mankin in Ind, like the fluff says, and give spirit creatures to Nippon. After these Tilea and Estalia, followed last but not least with Fishmen.

Paulus
04-01-2007, 07:16
The problem with new races is that they go one of 2 ways - more humans, or animal based humanoids & which ever way GW were to choose we would almost all complain about. :D

gorenut
04-01-2007, 07:54
SO the answer is obviously a race of random insignificant creatures. You can have gelatinous cubes, venonous slimes, and toxic gasses. This army could be lead by a giant floating amoeba like creature with a brain in the middle.

Paulus
04-01-2007, 07:57
SO the answer is obviously a race of random insignificant creatures. You can have gelatinous cubes, venonous slimes, and toxic gasses. This army could be lead by a giant floating amoeba like creature with a brain in the middle.

lol - Erm okay! :D

snurl
04-01-2007, 08:06
I can see it now:

Warhammer Armies: Groundhogs!
With:
Tunnelling teams
Miners
Beavers (heavy Infantry-tail counts as Great Weapon)
Squirrels (Skirmishers)
Chipmunks (Fast Cav)
Porquipines (special inf choice)
Possums (never sure just how many are really casualties)
Bear (equivalent of Giant)

Braad
04-01-2007, 08:51
White orcs and half orcs where also mentioned on the map in the former edition O&G. There also was a mention of "flying gobbo's"...

Anyway, I think it will also be pretty wise if they just very slowly explore the rest of the old world, instead of delving to deep in just a short period. That will keep it a little more to explore for the years to come.

Alathir
04-01-2007, 09:21

Sounds like something Link would do well against...

Paulus
04-01-2007, 10:03
These include Insectiod creatures (in fluff they are at war with Cathay or Nippon - I don't recall which or where I read it)

If I remeber correctly it was in the 4th edition bestiary?

zak
04-01-2007, 20:29
CHAOS DWARVES. Please.

FlylikeaMouse
04-01-2007, 20:50
The rise of machines.. or is this too much like 40K ?

gorenut
04-01-2007, 20:56
The rise of machines.. or is this too much like 40K ?

Definitely too 40k

Paulus
04-01-2007, 21:01
Definitely too 40k

You never know, they might be clock work ;)

gorenut
04-01-2007, 21:10
You never know, they might be clock work ;)

I guess this can kinda go in the theme of an army of golems or some other kind of automatron created by a marriage of gadgets and spells.

luck*is*my*friend
04-01-2007, 22:44
aaah half elf half human race? or half lizard half bird? and the best half monky half dragon :):):D

der_lex
04-01-2007, 22:49
I guess this can kinda go in the theme of an army of golems or some other kind of automatron created by a marriage of gadgets and spells.

I don't think a golem would have to be an automaton, though. The golem from authority was just a clay statue powered by (divine) magic. A terracotta army could be the same...

Orcboy_Phil
04-01-2007, 22:55
Noticed a little problem with a golem army. They would all be unbreakable and I can't see a rationale for some kind of falling apart rule rule like undead.

Back on topic, Chaos Dwarfs definatly. Thougth Kangaroo riding Elves and Fishmen do have their charms...

Where in the 4th ed bestiary is the fluff about insetoid warriors? I can't seem to find it!

Paulus
04-01-2007, 23:06
Noticed a little problem with a golem army. They would all be unbreakable and I can't see a rationale for some kind of falling apart rule rule like undead.

Back on topic, Chaos Dwarfs definatly. Thougth Kangaroo riding Elves and Fishmen do have their charms...

Where in the 4th ed bestiary is the fluff about insetoid warriors? I can't seem to find it!

I'm not certain it was in there, just think I saw it in there, if it is then should be around the map but as I said I only THINK I saw it in there.

- Have now been & checked, it's not in there :(

sigur
04-01-2007, 23:59
What about Ninjas? Mixed with....robots and vampires, yeah. That would be like "teh roxxxorz".:cool:

Seriously, GW should stick to their existing races, don't even expand to the East, just keep on re-releasing the existing ones. There's really no need for ***NEW*** and ***SHINY*** stuff, in 50% of all cases, this goes terribly, terribly wrong (in 40k, GW blessed us with Tau and Necrons. I don't think I have to mention the 50% which went terribly wrong and caused lots of anger) and there already is a huge number of different armies for a single game system.

Sheena Easton
05-01-2007, 00:23
Once they've got round to doing Chaos Dwarf, Hobgoblin, DoW, Daemonic Legions and redoing the rest of the existing books, I'd like to see a return of the Fimir (either as part of the CD / Hobgoblin list or as an addition to the OK list) and something revolving around Golems and other "living" Gargoyle-type statues (maybe as some kind of Eastern Vampire Count).

They should make a proper full Kislev army list too since they effectively kicked it out of the Empire and DoW lists and turned it into a half-backed allies list for the Drizzle of Mild Disorder.

Weregerbil
05-01-2007, 00:31
ooooo! A race of Kangaroo men, or Kangas with Elves. Or have I said this before?

Paulus
05-01-2007, 00:36
Once they've got round to doing Chaos Dwarf, Hobgoblin, DoW, Daemonic Legions and redoing the rest of the existing books, I'd like to see a return of the Fimir (either as part of the CD / Hobgoblin list or as an addition to the OK list) and something revolving around Golems and other "living" Gargoyle-type statues (maybe as some kind of Eastern Vampire Count).

They should make a proper full Kislev army list too since they effectively kicked it out of the Empire and DoW lists and turned it into a half-backed allies list for the Drizzle of Mild Disorder.

I'd like to see Fimir return too as I think that they're GW's most original creation (although as has been pointed out to me on this very site they are loosely taken from Celtic mythology).

Problem with Fimir is that they would probably be very difficult to base a full list around & there's probably more hope of the appearing as a RoR.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
05-01-2007, 00:44
They can't do the Fimir. The guy who created them and then left GW took with him his "intellectual property." I hate the idea of some ninja or samurai army. I used to play World of Warcraft, and their new races didn't include the one that I KNOW everyone was praying for: MERLOCS!! Warhammer needs fishmen. I would sell every Bretonnian piece that I own to start a Merloc army. I'm giddy at the idea.

On a side note, how is pygmy a derogatory term? I'm not being smart, I seriously would like to know.

Paulus
05-01-2007, 00:53
They can't do the Fimir. The guy who created them and then left GW took with him his "intellectual property." I hate the idea of some ninja or samurai army. I used to play World of Warcraft, and their new races didn't include the one that I KNOW everyone was praying for: MERLOCS!! Warhammer needs fishmen. I would sell every Bretonnian piece that I own to start a Merloc army. I'm giddy at the idea.

On a side note, how is pygmy a derogatory term? I'm not being smart, I seriously would like to know.

Damn I didn't know that, that has dampened my dreams :cries:

If you like Fishmen you'll like this thread http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63347

I think it was more the old Pygmy mini's that would be deemed offensive, but I could be wrong. Don't think they'd be a good army though they would come across as feral Dwarf's to me.

Hobgoblyn
05-01-2007, 04:10
I used to play World of Warcraft, and their new races didn't include the one that I KNOW everyone was praying for: MERLOCS!! Warhammer needs fishmen. I would sell every Bretonnian piece that I own to start a Merloc army. I'm giddy at the idea.

In Warcraft they are Murlocs...
I left about the same time because I hated the new races they decided to release. I was hoping for Gnolls, but I would have accepted anything other than the Horde getting the mortal enemy of the Trolls and the Alliance getting Archimonds... Oh, and they released in their RPG a version of Hobgoblins that is even more off-base than WarHammer's so... I quit.

I don't know how well Fish-people would sell. I could see some nice models for them, but they really would work best as a Dogs of War unit.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
05-01-2007, 04:21
You shut your mouth! Fish people rule!

Bingo the Fun Monkey
05-01-2007, 07:09
In this order of priority: Chaos Dwarves, Dogs of War, Hobgoblins (who can be taken as a rare choice in Greenskin armies since we don't get DOW), Southlands and/or Ind (can't decide which would be sweeter) humans, Cathay, Nippon.

Still, this is unrealisitic. I think they could afford to release takes on various armies much like the space marine chapters...except with other armies.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
05-01-2007, 07:20
Hey, Bretonnians don't get DOW either.

Except...

...for our mighty allies, the FISHMEN!! WOOOHOOOO!!

Alright, that was my last post in this thread. I swear.

FlylikeaMouse
05-01-2007, 11:24
Marionettes commanded by sorceres,
would probably colapse if the leader is killed. TombKings style.

http://www.geocities.com/koolkat_morley/marionette.jpg

Actually id really like to run a Samurai army too.
Excellent in close and long ranged combat.
No war machines.
Likely to perform Seppuku (harakiri) in the event of failing a break test.

Paulus
05-01-2007, 11:43
I'd love it if there were someway that Cathay & Nippon could be combined, although I'm sure a lot would hate it.

To me the imagery just seems to good to pass up but it ain't gonna happen. :cries:

Imperial Git
05-01-2007, 12:55
I for one would like to see Nippon released in the near future.
And it would of course have the mandatory 'Samurai theme' to it.
But the Nipponese army could easily consist of both humans and spiritual (aka monstrous, daemonic) beings. If you look at games like Onimusha, Genji and Tenchu, there are loads or really cool monsters walking around that could be summoned by warrior priests (the eastern type of course).

But personally I would like to see an all human list based on feudal Japan, with samurai as elite units, and ashigaru (peasant soldiers) as medium/light infantry.

There's my first two cents!

Orcboy_Phil
05-01-2007, 14:36
They can't do the Fimir. The guy who created them and then left GW took with him his "intellectual property."

Email recieved today:

Hi Philip,

Since Jes and I were both on salary at GW when the Fimir were created, neither of us owns the copyright. It's firmly in the hands of Games Workshop.

All the best,

Graeme Davis

Unless wikipedias wrong the two creators don't hold the copyright and its still with GW.

Paulus
05-01-2007, 14:49
Email recieved today:

Unless wikipedias wrong the two creators don't hold the copyright and its still with GW.

YIPPPPPEEEEEEEE!! Bring back Fimir - After Chaos Dwarf's.

The Senate
05-01-2007, 15:21
Marionettes would be cool if they actually did something totally unexpected with vampire counts and included some sort of carnivale type theme in it somewhere.

I don't like them but to be fair to chaos Dwarfs and those who really have wanted them for a long time, they should come first. to whoever mentioned the clockwork army maybe some element of that in CD perhaps? steam powered troll size things or whatever.

Paulus
05-01-2007, 16:03
There were rumours that Chaos Dwarf's would possibly have Daemon bound war engines when re-done & then the Hell Cannon appeared which makes it look more likelythat the will be the direction they go (industry gone mad).

There was talk on a thread a while back that one possibility might be that The Great Taurus may become some kind of Deamon bound robotic bull type mount that could breath fire, as opposed to an actual bull.

But anyway back on topic.

I think we will see 1 new race this edition (not counting Chaos Dwarf's as they're not new) & that will prob be Araby or Cathay, more likely Araby.

I like more armies being introduced but enjoy it done more slowly as GW currently do it, in about the last 10 yrs the only new armies we've really had have been Lizardmen, Dogs of War & Ogres.

Inkosi
05-01-2007, 16:40
fishmen
kangaroo men
spider men
bat men
super men

yeah the list can go on and i am sure that would make our day.

Paulus
05-01-2007, 16:43
You forgot Badger men.

Hobgoblyn
05-01-2007, 17:28
Likely to perform Seppuku (harakiri) in the event of failing a break test.

*sigh* I don't even know where to begin with this stupidity...
Not only is it off base and frighteningly racist...
It is kind of like saying that an Arab army should walk into battle with bombs strapped to ever model...

The only time they MIGHT do that is if they'd let their leaders (Emporer, Lord, etc) be killed before they were. Even then it would only be the Samurai (elite troops) not the regular warriors. And even for the Samurai it is pretty rare and extreme. More importantly, they wouldn't kill themself until they'd already left the battlefield and gone back home. The exception to this might be if they were going to be captured, but then if someone was about to be hauled away by demons or orcs it wouldn't be surprising for anyone to decide to end their pain before it began.

They aren't going to suddenly all drive their swords through themselves just because they got overwhelmed by the enemies and had to fall back or they decided to put distance between themselves and some giant monster that causes fear.

Dr Death
05-01-2007, 18:53
I would genuinely like to see Araby make it into the main grouping of the warhammer world. So much has already been done (including introducing them as a warmaster race) to give them their own unique look and feel and it's only the logical next step to include them as a bona fide, fully realised race.

People may complain that it's 'another human race' which granted it is but it's one with a completely different flavour and opens up the southern warhammer world as a more active part than simply 'where the tomb kings come from'.

That said, I do want chaos dwarves first:).

Dr Death

Paulus
05-01-2007, 18:59
I think you'll get your wish before the next edition Dr Death, but I am just speculating.

gorenut
05-01-2007, 20:54
*sigh* I don't even know where to begin with this stupidity...
Not only is it off base and frighteningly racist...
It is kind of like saying that an Arab army should walk into battle with bombs strapped to ever model...

The only time they MIGHT do that is if they'd let their leaders (Emporer, Lord, etc) be killed before they were. Even then it would only be the Samurai (elite troops) not the regular warriors. And even for the Samurai it is pretty rare and extreme. More importantly, they wouldn't kill themself until they'd already left the battlefield and gone back home. The exception to this might be if they were going to be captured, but then if someone was about to be hauled away by demons or orcs it wouldn't be surprising for anyone to decide to end their pain before it began.

They aren't going to suddenly all drive their swords through themselves just because they got overwhelmed by the enemies and had to fall back or they decided to put distance between themselves and some giant monster that causes fear.

Haha, I agree with you. The original said plan sounded so ridiculous.. can you imagine a whole unit just kneeling down and suiciding themselves? Also, what would even allow them to work up the bravery to do that if they obviously failed a break test before? The only thing I can see that rule being within reason is if they counted as a broken unit for VP purposes at the end of the game if they were to fail a break test.

FlylikeaMouse
05-01-2007, 21:23
I had no intentions at all of what i previously said to be racist in any way.

Yes, the idea of a whole unit doing so would be rediculous and know such an act is not custom or realistic for standard warriors. I was careless in typing it in the way i did. Sorry for any offence caused.

Goq Gar
05-01-2007, 21:44
We want the under-water skinks!

Fluff tells of an ancient sunken temple city, and rumours of underwater skinks!

I want a fully sea-bound skink army. With sea monsters ta-boot.

And of course they would be arch enemies of zombie pirates. (who plague the sea floor and there are, believe it or not, titanic underwater battles between sea pirates and underwater skinks!)

Paulus
05-01-2007, 22:36
Oh no, you've restarted the Fishmen debate!

Harry
05-01-2007, 22:56
Did somebody say fishmen?:D

Paulus
05-01-2007, 22:59
ARGH!! LOL! Why are Fishmen taking over the fantasy boards?!?!?

PLEASE END THIS MADNESS :D

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
06-01-2007, 06:18
BWAAA HAAA HAAA!! FISHMEN WILL RULE!!

Also, to Hobgoblyn, nothing in his comments were racist. At most, they were factually innacurate about a fictional idea of a Samurai-based army. Stop being so damn sensitive. And for the record, since every time Islamic fundamentalist fanatics go into a guerilla war they use tatics such as sniping, hiding amongst the populous, and yes, suicide bombing, an army that wanted to be factually correct would have to include those elements.

All the bleeding heart bleating in the world can't trump facts. Booyah.

...erm, Fishmen.

Makarion
06-01-2007, 07:18
Bleeding heart or not, there is zero reason to condone or propagate the idea. By doing so, you put yourself on the level of holocaust deniers and similar scum. I suggest you don't...

Note: I know full well that any religion known to man (or at least, any known to me) can lead to fervour, and fanaticism, and eventually immorality. The Old World is no better than our own world in this regard. But we can try and make the game at least a little bit respectful to other (that is, non-Western) cultures, right? It would also help make the game more accessible to minors.

All the deeds you describe the Ismalic fundamentalists as doing have been done as well by Christians, or by most any other zealot that was at war. Warhammer *Fantasy* Battles is not about historical accuracy, it's about having good fun with flavourful miniatures, and most people get little fun from pushing suicide bombers across the board.

And I'm not even a Christian or Muslim, just an amateur historian .

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
06-01-2007, 07:32
Bwa? By that guy saying (jokingly, it would seem by context) that samurai-based warriors would commit ritual suicide after failing a break test he has put himself on the same level as a Holocaust denier? Or is that me, for defending his right to make a joke? Perhaps I'm the bastard by talking about historical facts. Oh, shame on me. I know that not all Muslims are fanatical killers. I never said that. I don't think it should be part of the game anymore than a western stereotypical army based on the Spanish Inqui-oh wait, there is one, and who gives a rats ass?

You seriously need to chill out. He wasn't making racist comments, and I was defending his right to make a joke. I also wanted to point out that hysterically flinging around terms like racist, Holocaust denier, anti-semite, bigot, etc. is wrong. You can't get pissed off every time someone makes a joke. Ulcers are born that way. You're 35. Grow up.

Also, both Warhammer and 40K are nasty fantastical settings where murder, war, sacrifices, slavery, death, etc. are a common theme, as well as xenophobia. Maybe it's not the best place for kids to be learning moral values. It's a game for crying out loud.

When you read posts and get offended, take a deep breath, count to ten, get off your pillar of moral authority and remember this is a forum for a miniature board game.

Egads.

FlylikeaMouse
06-01-2007, 10:02
Bleeding heart or not, there is zero reason to condone or propagate the idea. By doing so, you put yourself on the level of holocaust deniers and similar scum. I suggest you don't...

Oh please. I mention an act thats part of history and suddenly im branded a racist, holocaust denying, scum bag.

It wasnt me that interpreted it in such a way..
I have a lot of respect for people that are willing to do such thing out of honour.
Im pretty sure i wouldnt be able to.

As for the suicide bombers on the board. It all depends how much they would cost and what S the hits are. :eek: LoL

Karnesdorff
07-01-2007, 00:08
Hmm, a Chaos Dwarf release would probably see me get an army of them. The Background work they've got in WFRP recently has been pretty good at fleshing out their worldview of how the mainstream Dwarfs and their gods are a bunch of traitors who abandoned the CD when they needed help, enter Hasut...

Elven Kangaroo riders would be fun though, having another look at the Southern hemisphere and their Elves so can be found anywhere due to magic/sailing...

K.

gorenut
07-01-2007, 01:26
I really wouldn't be too surprised if they did happen to go into Araby territory. Looking at Warmaster, it seems like they alraedy have the imagery and theme put out.

bluebugs
07-01-2007, 01:55
Hmmm. I think a entirely creature based army would rock. Not half humans, just creatures. Or maybe a full daemon army, but more undivided and random and lead by something other then a deamon prince. Like expendable deamons, ones that look like the art work in the chaos book and not just those belonging to specific gods. and who says they have to be dedicated to chaos?

Weregerbil
07-01-2007, 03:39
Down with the fishmen the Kanga riders will rule the world!

And morals I think I heard that word used before but with you have no before it.

gORCUS
07-01-2007, 04:05
Warhammer already has suicide bombers; Gobbo big boss on wolfback with the one hit wunda and brimstone bauble.:D Back to the topic, I would really love to see the chaos dwarves brought back in the style of the hellcannon crew, and I think I'd like to see how the hobgoblins would be updated to fit in.

FlylikeaMouse
07-01-2007, 09:51
Hmmm. I think a entirely creature based army would rock.

Haha, i read that completely wrong and thought you wanted an army of rock guys. Like 'The Thing' from the fantastic four. Which would i supose would be interesting in a funny kinda way.

Paulus
07-01-2007, 10:24
Haha, i read that completely wrong and thought you wanted an army of rock guys. Like 'The Thing' from the fantastic four. Which would i supose would be interesting in a funny kinda way.

LOL! That's what I thought too, sad thing is that I didn't even notice it didn't until I read your post! :D

Orcboy_Phil
07-01-2007, 11:31
So our ideal line up seems to be: -
WA: Chaos Dwarves
followed by
WA: Fishmen
WA: Kangaroo riding elves
and finally WA: Rocks

Paulus
07-01-2007, 11:40
That's the running order?!?

Will we never get WA: Badgers!

Orcboy_Phil
07-01-2007, 11:47
No, it would upset the Kamakurans.

Paulus
07-01-2007, 12:01
:cries: I want my Badger's!

Orcboy_Phil
07-01-2007, 12:55
You'll just have to conbvert them using the Fishmen rules then, now won't you. :P

Paulus
07-01-2007, 13:08
Guess so, oh well that'll have to do! :D

DarkLord Of Naggaroth
07-01-2007, 17:18
From the earlier posts, I think fishmen would be a good idea but if you think about it, no matter how they looked, they would look stupid.
and what's Cathey?
DarkLord

Paulus
07-01-2007, 17:23
Not too sure, I think Fishmen could look good but would be difficult to pull off. They may be better off as they are, simply hinted at in fluff (occasionally).

Cathay is a country in the east of the Warhammer world based on ancient China, not much is known about Cathay but they're have been hints that there Emperor is actually a Dragon.

DarkLord Of Naggaroth
07-01-2007, 17:34
oh right
sounds good
DarkLord

DarkLord Of Naggaroth
07-01-2007, 18:06
I really like the idea of a samurai themed army but here's another idea.
a race completly aimed around sourcery. They would be very very high points so there wouldn't be many of them but would have great spells, they could cast them a lot, and also have a good ws but low S and T.
I'm not exactly sure what form this army would take but I think it's worth thinking about.
DarkLord

Paulus
07-01-2007, 18:20
I really like the idea of a samurai themed army but here's another idea.
a race completly aimed around sourcery. They would be very very high points so there wouldn't be many of them but would have great spells, they could cast them a lot, and also have a good ws but low S and T.
I'm not exactly sure what form this army would take but I think it's worth thinking about.
DarkLord

Samurai's have been done in previous editions as part of Nippon (another Eastern part of the warhammer world) I too would like to see them, they had some that rode on the back of Temple Dogs & think that they could look pretty cool.

Not sure if an all sorceror army could work as hand to hand combat is vital (which is why everyone like's high movement).

Undead used to heavily rely on sorceror's as if you killed there general you automatically won the game (as his magic held the army together) IIRC.

Not sure if that rule is still in place with Vampire Counts or Tomb King's?

Orcboy_Phil
07-01-2007, 19:32
Not sure if that rule is still in place with Vampire Counts of Khemri?

Undead are becomming one book again :eek:

Sorry couldn't resist it :angel:

FlylikeaMouse
07-01-2007, 19:45
Id like to see a living tombkings army.
Egyptian warriors.

They had lots of gods and could be used in a similar way to chaos.
Cant beat good old anubis. :D

gorenut
07-01-2007, 19:48
DarkLord

So you'd get a physically weaker Tzeentch

Harry
08-01-2007, 04:49
That's the running order?!?

Will we never get WA: Badgers!

Believe it or Not I have warhammer Badgers.
I bought them about 15 years ago and have no idea of the manufacturer but might be able to find out. They are 25mm and they are scottish Highland badgers with claymores and kilts.

On Rocks. I actually saw a Warhammer army of rocks once for sale on ebay.
Not rock men. Just rocks they were beautifilly based with different sizes of rocks (pebbles to represent different units, monster rocks etc. and all had eyes painted on them. I nearly bid on them because they were amusing but they were (believe it or not quite expensive) and I decided I could (obviously) do some myself own for less.

Ganymede
08-01-2007, 05:04
One compelling idea would be to represent Cathay as the tau race from 40k. Another interesting slant would be to have Cathay ever so slightly tainted by Chaos, maybe the Emperor secretly worships Tzeentch.

Paulus
08-01-2007, 08:10
Undead are becomming one book again :eek:

Sorry couldn't resist it :angel:

Thanks, I think I've editied before too many people managed to read it!

That's what I get for typing after getting in from the pub, lol!

Believe it or Not I have warhammer Badgers.
I bought them about 15 years ago and have no idea of the manufacturer but might be able to find out. They are 25mm and they are scottish Highland badgers with claymores and kilts.

On Rocks. I actually saw a Warhammer army of rocks once for sale on ebay.
Not rock men. Just rocks they were beautifilly based with different sizes of rocks (pebbles to represent different units, monster rocks etc. and all had eyes painted on them. I nearly bid on them because they were amusing but they were (believe it or not quite expensive) and I decided I could (obviously) do some myself own for less.

Badgers - Fantastic, lol! :D

You've got to give someone credit for having the nerve to sell based stones with painted on eyes & question the sanity of someone who's bought them, because as you say, they should be pretty easy to do yourself for less. :D

Orcboy_Phil
08-01-2007, 13:05
You've got to give someone credit for having the nerve to sell based stones with painted on eyes & question the sanity of someone who's bought them, because as you say, they should be pretty easy to do yourself for less. :D

Well with the cheapness and chactaristics of rocks who wouldn't buy them I mean come on.
M=0 WS=0 BS=0 S=0 T=10 A=0 I=0 LD=10
Unbreakable, Immune to psychology, Magic Resistance(3) 1+Armour save 2+ward save whats not to love. And all for 30pts a model.

elmolovesthekroot
08-01-2007, 13:13
As I tried to say once before in 4 little words:

PLANET OF THE APES!

Apemen would rule! They could be close combat monsters and could have special abilities in trees and hills. Give them clubs, spears, and bows for weapons. Maybe some light armor (hides) and wooden shields. I would say the average ape man warrior as this:

Move WS BS S T I A LD
4 4 3 4 4 3 1 7
Pts about 12-14 for the basic warrior with handweapon
+1 for lgt armor +1 for shield +1 to trade handweapon for spear
+2 for Bow

What do you think?
Elmo

FlylikeaMouse
08-01-2007, 13:22
Looks like were needing the warhammer zoo addition. Realeased with Apemen, Fishmen, Badgers, KangElves and zookeepers of course.

alpha_dude
08-01-2007, 14:44
CATHAY!! i cant believe they have yet to release anything for the empire of the east yet!

Hobgoblyn
08-01-2007, 17:36
One compelling idea would be to represent Cathay as the tau race from 40k. Another interesting slant would be to have Cathay ever so slightly tainted by Chaos, maybe the Emperor secretly worships Tzeentch.

Its not the Emporer who works for Tzeentch, that would be major corruption.

But some of the Lords and Advisors are part of a Tzeentch cult.
I don't see any reason to make the a Chinese country based on somewhere between the Jin and the Qing dynasty in any way less good than the Empire. Different, certainly, but there is no reason to say 'they are secretly part of the great evil', especially when they have been battling chaos off for even longer than the Empire. I mean, unless the Emporer is secretly working for Nurgle.

Arhalien
08-01-2007, 17:38
High Elf centaurs? It's one way to get a fluffy elven cavalry army. I've been considing it as an idea, but with my modelling skills, almost never going to come from me.

Paulus
08-01-2007, 18:18
Well with the cheapness and chactaristics of rocks who wouldn't buy them I mean come on.
M=0 WS=0 BS=0 S=0 T=10 A=0 I=0 LD=10
Unbreakable, Immune to psychology, Magic Resistance(3) 1+Armour save 2+ward save whats not to love. And all for 30pts a model.

I'm building an army of them as we speak,! :evilgrin:

Looks like were needing the warhammer zoo addition. Realeased with Apemen, Fishmen, Badgers, KangElves and zookeepers of course.

Chaos Mole's - They're evil & there going to get you ..... If they can find you.

DarkLord Of Naggaroth
08-01-2007, 19:03
I've mustered all the comment rased on this thread and come up with a super race...
Warrior squirrels!
I've contacted GW and they are being manefactured right now.
They are a bit like skaven except have a great special rule that means that when all good armies role to wound, they realise that they couldn't possibly hurt a poor squirel, and that's when they finish em off. Ha Ha Ha

Arhalien
08-01-2007, 19:08
Sigur will be pleased :)

Orcboy_Phil
09-01-2007, 00:22
I'm building an army of them as we speak,! :evilgrin:

:eek:

:wtf:

:angel:

Ganymede
09-01-2007, 03:01
Its not the Emporer who works for Tzeentch, that would be major corruption.

But some of the Lords and Advisors are part of a Tzeentch cult.
I don't see any reason to make the a Chinese country based on somewhere between the Jin and the Qing dynasty in any way less good than the Empire. Different, certainly, but there is no reason to say 'they are secretly part of the great evil', especially when they have been battling chaos off for even longer than the Empire. I mean, unless the Emporer is secretly working for Nurgle.

What I was more getting at was the fact that Tzeentch has its tendrils in the highest eschelons of Cathayan Politics. By saying the corruptuion is ever so slight, I wanted to show that by and large, the Cathayan culture, people, and ways are untainted by chaos. Conversely, it is the ruling bodies which are being swayed towards the path of the damned.

Maybe it is the dynamic interplay of the cathayan ruling dynasties which keeps the chaotic influence in check. Maybe their politics are so convoluted that even the Changer of Ways still hasn't found a way to crack them.

It would certainly be an interesting dynamic. Especially when a battlefield general "summons" a cadre of "spirits" to fight for him, spirits being thinly veiled horrors of tzeentch.

Stormtrooper Clark
09-01-2007, 21:59
Cathy, not gonna happen till they do Chaos Dwarves i bet but still cool.

Orcboy_Phil
10-01-2007, 00:36
Depends on how lazy GW are. Chaos Dwarfs have been done before. The backgrounds their, all they need is new models and a playtested army. Cathay is different, its a whole big exciting project. Nobodies been their before and it could get the creative jucies flowing. They might just push CD down the list in order to have a fresh new project like they did with the WE when they did OK and Kislev.

NornTyrant
10-01-2007, 03:28
I would very much like to see a Cathay, but not in the "Fu Man Chu" style.

The idea of Cathay Kingdom is good. Maybe with lots of dragons and dragon riders instead of knights. That will be cool :cool:

I also think that the idea of an insectoid race will be cool. Afterall, it is an fantasy game, why not?

One thing that I do not understand is that, it seems GW now takes out the idea of a Hobglobin Kingdoms (Mogols in WH world) and replace it with a Orge Kingdom. IMHO, by releasing the Hobglobin kingdom, the east and the west can link together. ;)

Istlod
28-01-2013, 08:50
I want Kislev back.

trotsky
28-01-2013, 19:41
Hmm, a Chaos Dwarf release would probably see me get an army of them. The Background work they've got in WFRP recently has been pretty good at fleshing out their worldview of how the mainstream Dwarfs and their gods are a bunch of traitors who abandoned the CD when they needed help, enter Hasut...

Elven Kangaroo riders would be fun though, having another look at the Southern hemisphere and their Elves so can be found anywhere due to magic/sailing...

K.

In the days before the sundering any elf found stealing shoes or bread or anything else which didn't quite deserve death would be shipped off on mass to the isles of Eliehis to work the rest of their lives in penal colonies. However, during the sundering the armies in the south were called home, leaving the convicts to fend for themselves. With their new found freedom they created a powerful nation of kangerroo riding ex convicts and will take one anyone or anything that dares stand in their way

SteveW
28-01-2013, 19:45
Fishmen lore: lore atribute, Flooding- any time a fishmen lore spell is successfully cast place a new 6" water feature on the board anywhere within 12" of the target of the spell.

Eyrenthaal
28-01-2013, 20:37
And 6 years later the discussion continues.. ;)

Kislev gets my vote..

corps
28-01-2013, 21:05
estalia one forgotten nation among other

lbecks
28-01-2013, 21:10
We have some threadnomancers here!

I'd like an entire eastern warhammer.

Mongol Hobgoblins, Cathay, Nippon, Ind, Whatever lives in Khuresh, and all the races that would be between them

And Araby, Estalia, Kislev, Tilea, pirate vampires, amazons in western warhammer.

corps
28-01-2013, 23:30
i agree with the wole ! this and a new island raise from the bed of the ocean by the slaan with treasures for an place where every army have aexcuses to compete

ASTINOFF
29-01-2013, 04:10
We have ratmen, lizardmen, beastmen, so we need catfolks like and maybe some kind of birdmen, so we have all we need to play Thundercatshammer.