PDA

View Full Version : Night Goblin Trix (will it work)

stashman
04-01-2007, 01:29
I have a question. My night goblin warboss have both Amulet of Protectyness and Tricksy Trinket. He challange a empire general with the Holy Relic (4+ Wardsave). Will the goblin boss get the wardsave but not the general?

Atrahasis
04-01-2007, 01:47
I'm not sure of the exact wording of the two items, but I don't think so - IIRC the Amulet confers the opponent's save while the trinket negates it, and a negated save cannot be conferred.

Baindread
04-01-2007, 01:47
I assume so when reading the items descriptions.

DaBrode
04-01-2007, 04:28
"Models in base contact may not take ward saves" is how the tricksy trinket is worded.

To me that means the Empire General indeed has the save but may not use (or "take" it) while in base-to-base.

The Amulet reads that the model having the magic item gains the same armor/ward saves that the enemy model wounding him has. Just because he can't use the save doesn't mean he doesn't have the save as a statline item or result of something carried on his person.

Hence, regardless of which magic item is applied first, the night goblin can still gets the ward save.

Keep in mind I'm a bit n00bish so I could be wrong but that's the way the english version to read to me.

T10
04-01-2007, 07:00
It is perhaps an Easter Egg.

One one hand I don't like it because it attempts to combine two effects for a not immediately obvious advantage. On the other hand it is the kind of sneaky under-handedness one would expect from a Goblin.

-T10

Mephistofeles
04-01-2007, 11:12
You are not in base contact with yourself, so you may take a ward save.
The enemy model doesn't loose his save, he just may not use it, so you can still steal it.

Ergo, he doesn't get it, but you do. Now, this would be cheesy, if not for the fact that you have a goblin, so that fight would still be darn interesting :P

stashman
04-01-2007, 11:40
You are not in base contact with yourself, so you may take a ward save.
The enemy model doesn't loose his save, he just may not use it, so you can still steal it.

Ergo, he doesn't get it, but you do. Now, this would be cheesy, if not for the fact that you have a goblin, so that fight would still be darn interesting :P

Tricksy Trinket can only be worn by gobbos. :)

Braad
04-01-2007, 15:54
Night gobbo's are in the category "gobbo's", so that's allowed.

Mephistofeles
04-01-2007, 16:21
That is exactly my point, if that combo could be given to a Black Orc Warboss it would be pure limburger, but now it's just fun and cool :)

Tutore
04-01-2007, 21:23
I am a newbie with O&G, but I still find a little bit tricky to use such a tactic. And you surely will have to argue and discuss with your opponent.

stashman
07-01-2007, 05:13
I just played a game of 3500 pts O&G vs. Empire and this was a cool thing.

In my unit of big uns I hade a Black Orc general and a Nightgoblin Warboss with this: Triksy Trinket, Wollopas One Hit Wunda, Spiteful Shield and Amulet of Protectyness. I called the Waagh!! and used my Gorks Waagh! Banner and zip charge the Empire Generals unit and challanged him with my gobbo. He accepted and died quick and fast. We laughed afterwards!

Lexmechanic
07-01-2007, 12:04
Haha, sounds funny
Imagine what it could for example to Tyrion. Suddenly the puny gobbo has 1+ save and 4+ (maybe 2+) ward save while the poor elf takes some S10 punishment without his precious ward save.

Sabbad
07-01-2007, 12:37
Don't have an Armies Book to hand, but isn't that 2 Enchanted Items (or 2 Talismans...Talismen... what is the plural of Talisman anyway)?

I'm just checking, though I myself think that it is one Enchanted Item and one Talisman.

Festus
07-01-2007, 12:40
Hi

One Talisman (TTrinket) and one Enchanted Item.

Festus

warlord hack'a
07-01-2007, 13:29
nice combo, just make sure you are not touching the unit champ with this warboss as otherwise he might accept (or challenge if you do not challenge) with the unit boss, which you will grind to dust but you will still not get to his general..