PDA

View Full Version : Kislev still legal?

Arhalien
04-01-2007, 10:45
As the title please, as I'm thinking at some point of doing an Empire army with a kislev cavalry contingent.

Thanks in advance

Edit: also, when it says an allied unit can have magic items, are they taken from the main army's list? If i wanted to give my boyar magic items for example, they'd come from the empire list, as kislev have no magic items.

Festus
04-01-2007, 11:20
Hi

Kislev is still 100% legal.
The Magic Items must be common Magic Items, as detailed in the Kislev rules, you may not use Army-specific items.

One rules problem with Kislev is 7th is Glorious Charge though, as it refers to Panictests in Close Combat. You should ignore the reference to an old rule and just make the Kislev Heavy Cavalry cause a simple Panictest during a charge.

Festus

edit: With the way Mercenaries work in 7th, it even is possible to have DoW in your pure Kislev Army...

Arhalien
04-01-2007, 11:23
Thanks Festus.

Does anyone use Kislev at all? as I haven;t seen it in any army lists posted here (i'd quite like to try a less comon army once I;ve finished my Eldar)

Festus
04-01-2007, 11:39
Hi

I run an all-mounted Kislev force, consisting of a large (15) unit of WL, with a few smaller (5) units of WL and GL in support - all with full command of course, flanked and shielded by about 5 units of Horse Archers (5 each with Musician and usually a Champion).
I run a pair of Boyars and in 2000 I like to add the Tzarina to have a Spellcaster, and at 3000 I add a BSB as well.

My rare slots are filled with (in friendlies) two Galopper Guns and a WarWagon (taken from the Empire Ravening Hordes entry: 120 points chariot with a few special rules).

Greetings
Festus

Briohmar
04-01-2007, 12:23
I did use Kislev with my Empire army, but don't know how it will work out with the new book when it comes out.

Axel
04-01-2007, 12:24
I have two units of winged lancers, but only use them with opponents consent in non-competetive games. Being rare, they work well with Knights and Pistoliers in a mobile force.

Crazy Harborc
05-01-2007, 02:06
I've got the cav minies. Usually, heck always, I have just used them as DoW units. Got the Ice Queen. She sees duty as sorceress everywhere but as a Kislev one.

I have several "issues" with the stats of the "Kislev" army. I liked the minies, sooo I got some of the ones I liked.

blahblahblah
22-01-2007, 01:38
I just bought a whole bunch of kislev stuff (found a hobby store that seems to be closing, so I got all sorts of stuff for what would be about 900$ CAD, everything at 75%-80% off :) ) but I did end up with one question from it looking at the kislev list. if you can have a magic standard with the griffon legion and your battle standard can have one, how can you actually field two magic banners if they're restricted to the common magic item list can you actually field 2magic banners?

Festus
22-01-2007, 09:20
Hi

You can't: The WarBanner canbe either fielded by the BSB or the Gryphons, or none at all. Never both.

Festus

blahblahblah
22-01-2007, 12:07
(another potentially stupid question)can you still buy the models in gw stores?

Griefbringer
22-01-2007, 12:18
That is not really a rules question, but anyway: I have not been to a GW store for a while, so cannot give a definitive answer - but according to my local independent store the Kislev boxes and blisters have been discontinued. However, they are for sure available through the mail order.

blahblahblah
22-01-2007, 13:02
do you know if Gw will release new models/rules for them for 7th edition?

Tutore
22-01-2007, 13:16
I donŽt know, but in the timeline Kislev fell (perhaps?) to the chaos forces, so I wonŽt suppose there will be new models and rules for them for 7th edition. But as always in GW, weŽll never know for sure.

Inkosi
22-01-2007, 13:19
u can get the Kislev reference sheet under the archives of the Empire in GW webbie.

would answer alot of your questions.