PDA

View Full Version : Mechwarrior Age of Destruction... anyone

athamas
12-07-2005, 23:10
this looks kinda interesting has any one seen or played this game?

any experiences with it?

Bruen
12-07-2005, 23:40
I've played it, its not bad at all.

I really like the way that unit stats change as the model gets damaged and giant combat robots are always cool :) Unfortunately to rules are a bit dodgey in some places and the "collectable" nature of the figures can get expensive if you play competativly.

I really recommend it for friendly games though, its fun and a nice change from Warhammer. IMHO to start off buy two starter boxes (each starter gives you 2 mechs, 2 vehicles and 6 infantry and everything else that you need to play), or a starter and some boosters (each booster gives you 1 mech, 1 vehicle and 2 infantry).

TenTailedCat
13-07-2005, 01:52
You can get all the rules online for free, legally too. I've yet to try it out, but it looks like fun, i'm a fan of the computer games so I suppose it's only a matter of time.

erion
13-07-2005, 11:02
Don't get sucked into the marketing hype. All of the best models in the game are reserved for powergamers who spend all their time running from tournament to tournament and winning the limited edition prizes.

That said, it is fun to play with your friends in a very non-competitive way -- just like all of wizkids games.

phoenix_ninja
07-08-2008, 17:30
does anyone know where i can get the program that has a complete list of units and shows the dils of the mechwarrior minutures ive spent hours looking for it :mad::confused:

Tarota
08-08-2008, 17:31
does anyone know where i can get the program that has a complete list of units and shows the dils of the mechwarrior minutures ive spent hours looking for it :mad::confused:
I thought Card Vault (http://www.wolflair.com/index.php?context=card_vault) came with all the stats. I don't have it myself (Mac user), but that's where I'd look.

Senbei
08-08-2008, 23:15
It's Hero-Clix without the charm... A shame really, they could have done so much more with the license. From what I can tell it's all but dead in the UK now... I only ever see the stuff in the "Reduced to clear" bins nowadays.

If you're into the computer games there's always Battletech. It's a fun game but overcomplicated in places. On the bright side, you can happily blow the limbs off an opposing mech then pick one up and beat the machine with it's own arm till it falls over..

silence
10-08-2008, 10:12
If you're into the computer games there's always Battletech. It's a fun game but overcomplicated in places. On the bright side, you can happily blow the limbs off an opposing mech then pick one up and beat the machine with it's own arm till it falls over..

Yep, battletech is great. In my last game one of my mechs got slapped to death by an opponent using his own arm as a weapon.
Seriously though, its worth looking into classic battletech.

feelnopain666
18-08-2008, 11:21
I was so dissapointed with Age of Destruction. Is a shame wizkids didnt use the franchise to do anything as good as the original game. I'm wainting for the new boxed set of classic battletech. As for Age of destruction? I'm only using the battlesuits (after being removed from the bases and glued to a hex base :) ).