PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf magic resistance

Barbarossa
05-01-2007, 09:50
Well I've been out of the loop for fantasy since quite some time. Now I was flipping through the new dwarf army book and for the life of me I couldn't find any rules for the famed dwarfen magic resistance. In the last army book it said that dwarfs have 4 instead of 2 dispel dice. Is that gone? Now that I'm thinking of it, does the magic phase even work like it did in the last edition?

Festus
05-01-2007, 09:58
Hi

It is right there, p.107 of the BRB.

Festus

Barbarossa
05-01-2007, 10:03
I don't have the new rulebook yet, but I agreed (without thinking - again) to play a game tomorrow. I guess I'll have to learn the hard way what has changed.

Mephistofeles
05-01-2007, 10:41
Not much have changed. Dwarfs still have their magic resistance, and magic still works the same way, except that mages may only use their own and the armies dice now, so no more pooling dice with a lot of low-level casters to make your ultra mega-sorcerorlord of death cast his way through half an army...

So, actually, the only changes made to the magic phase are beneficial for Dwarfs, since mages can't pool dice, most of the lores have been toned down and the misscast chart is damn nastier.

Danger Rat
05-01-2007, 10:49
Unless your facing very magic heavy tomb kings as you still seem to run out of dice!

Barbarossa
05-01-2007, 11:32
That sounds pretty good! Thanks!

snurl
05-01-2007, 11:38
You get 4 dice for being Dwarves
You get 1 more for each RunePriest
You get 2 more for each Runelord.

Theres a rune called the rune of Spell eating that will work just like a rune of spell breaking plus if you roll a 4+ when you use it your opponent loses the ability to cast that spell for the caracter that cast it.
Works great against undead.

Mephistofeles
06-01-2007, 19:56
They also have something which takes one of your opponents power dice and turn it into a dispel dice for you every turn. Don't know what it's called, but my Dwarven opponent always uses it and it's damn good!

Rodzaju
06-01-2007, 22:23
Haven't got my book with me, but I think it's the rune of balance.

Stouty
07-01-2007, 03:00
People (GW) get miffed when you post exact rules and pts values. Really miffed. Breaks IP laws.

Lord Kaiaphas
07-01-2007, 13:25
hmm didn't know.. i'm quite new to posting on this forum
and as far as i knew stats, names and points values are 'open source', you have to tell them to your opponent (ok, not so sure about point values, but i doesn't matter anymore if your armies are already completed)

Atrahasis
07-01-2007, 13:36
and as far as i knew stats, names and points values are 'open source'You might want to read the extensive copyright notices in every single GW publication in existence.

Festus
07-01-2007, 14:14
Hi

We are discussing WHFB rules here, so it is only just and fair to use those rules to make a point or to discuss in in any detail.

Nobody posts rules for posting rules, and only those portions that are discussed will be posted. Of course we will have to use the names, and the values and the stats and whatever of the rules under scrutiniy.

GW's copyrights notes are trademark notes, and noone denies them their IP. As little as I infringe on someones IP if I say *James Bond is a stereotyped character, ...*. I use the name, but use it fairly, thus: Fair use.

Festus

edit: But is this still a rules discussion? ;)

Atrahasis
07-01-2007, 14:44
^^^ The post has since been deleted Festus. There was a post listing the names, effects, and points values of every magical defense rune in the Dwarf army.

This is, as you say, off-topic.