PDA

View Full Version : LOS and single models

snurl
05-01-2007, 11:16
Does a single model block line of sight?

By single model I mean a caracter on foot.

I can't seem to find any rules for this in the 7th edition rulebook.
I don't believe they did in 6th, but I just want to confirm it.

Example to clarify:
A unit of thunderers wants to shoot at a unit of goblins, but there is an orc big boss in between them.
Does the orc block the dwarves line of sight?

Thanks.

Baindread
05-01-2007, 11:35
All units block LOS. In your example though, the character is nowhere near wide enough to block the LOS to the unit behind him.

Festus
05-01-2007, 12:26
Hi

All units block LOS.
Not exactly, units and/or models block LoS to units of the same sizeor smaller as them: There are three categories: *small*, *normal* (encompassing Infantry, cavalry, Ogres etal., many Monsters), and *Large Targets*.

In your example though, the character is nowhere near wide enough to block the LOS to the unit behind him.
Right: If you can draw LoS to the unit, you may shoot at him. Note that units of Skirmishers do block LoS through the unit even if there are gaps in their formation.

cf: BRB, p. 65

Festus

snurl
06-01-2007, 07:01
Thank you!
I knew about the skirmishers but i wasn't clear about single models on foot.

Rivlo
06-01-2007, 15:49
Just a question, If you this situation actually happened, why didn't you shoot the orc big boss? :D

chivalrous
07-01-2007, 00:44
Right: If you can draw LoS to the unit, you may shoot at him. Note that units of Skirmishers do block LoS through the unit even if there are gaps in their formation.

cf: BRB, p. 65

Festus

Yep, but just to hammer it home, the individual models need LOS here.
So where you have a unit of 10, 8 of which can see the target an 2 have their LOS blocked by the Warlord (just assume he's stood right in front of them okay;) ) you can only shoot the target unit with the 8 models that can see them.