PDA

View Full Version : Forge world processing

Shadow Marine
05-01-2007, 13:13
Hi,

Just thought people who are waiting on Forgeworld stuff may be interested to know. That when I rang today they said that they have nearly finished clearing 27th Decembers orders ( I ordered 28th at 10.22am!)
The guy on the phone said they were in a good and bad place, having lots of orders but not being able to shift them quick enough!!

So there may be a bit of a wait for some people, apparently mine will be shipped early next week. When my wife & I are back at work, so I can feel a trip to the sorting office at 7.00am approaching!!

Shadow Marine

Norminator
05-01-2007, 17:06
That's good. I had some parts missing on my Tigershark, and they haven't come yet (phoned on 27th). Hopefully this means they'll be here soon.

The Judge
05-01-2007, 20:31
I ordered as well on the 28th... just cleared out of my account.

I'm expecting to wait a couple more days...

BobbJoe
08-01-2007, 13:33
Just thought I would tell everyone- I ordered on the 18th and my stuff hasn't gotten here yet!!!!!!

Forbiddenknowledge
08-01-2007, 15:51
I know, I preordered AI on the day the preorder came out, they said it would be shipped to me on the second of Jan, and I am still waiting..... by the time the damn thing arrives, I could have ordered it regularly and had another night down the pub..

*grumbles*

Better not be waiting too much longer.

schoolcormorant
08-01-2007, 18:25
i have to say, the main thing now for me for buying from FW is the wait, not because i'm especially impatient, but, i think if i buy something that i need for something else to keep them the same, i think about the wait for that piece/pieces and then it puts me off. oh yeah and the cost :D

why don't they employ casuals to pick the stuff off shelves and put it into a box, it's not especially skilled labour. the bags have descriptions order codes and pictures on so why the ehell not?
SC

BLZBOB
10-01-2007, 10:55
i have to say, the main thing now for me for buying from FW is the wait, not because i'm especially impatient, but, i think if i buy something that i need for something else to keep them the same, i think about the wait for that piece/pieces and then it puts me off. oh yeah and the cost :D

why don't they employ casuals to pick the stuff off shelves and put it into a box, it's not especially skilled labour. the bags have descriptions order codes and pictures on so why the ehell not?
SC

Although in some respects I agree there are two problems with employing billy no brain temps when wroking with small resin pieces

a) They get broken through bad handling

b) The pieces may not actually be cast yet and casting takes time even with a fast cure resin so it slows it down.

Although FW are bigger than most resin garage kitters they are still a relative small outfit and demand is not to be too blunt pretty staggering especially when they attend so many games days which need increased stock levels. What would be nice is an email telling you it has despatched so you don't need to phone, I was kept waiting for nearly 3 months for a TX42 and some tau upgrades. Of course I still havent built them but the principle is the same ;)

schoolcormorant
10-01-2007, 12:38
Of course I still havent built them but the principle is the same ;)

LOL :)

SC

Corporal Punishment
10-01-2007, 13:28
I ordered a ton of stuff on New Years day and had it January 5th. I thought they did a damn fine job.

schoolcormorant
10-01-2007, 14:53
yeah, with the £12 shipping thing though i'll bet.

SC

Norminator
10-01-2007, 15:20
I ordered a ton of stuff on New Years day and had it January 5th. I thought they did a damn fine job.

You lucky git. I ordered some parts that were missing from my Tigershark on 27th December and I still haven't got them.

Destris
10-01-2007, 15:47
You lucky git. I ordered some parts that were missing from my Tigershark on 27th December and I still haven't got them.

I think they fastrack large orders. I ordered 300 of Elysians and it was here the next day :eek:.
Steve

Norminator
10-01-2007, 16:17
That would make sense. All I'm getting is a pilot and a landing gear missing from my original order.

The Judge
10-01-2007, 16:19
Mine was over a hundred pounds... not here yet. Nigh on a month now...

Corporal Punishment
10-01-2007, 18:55
I guess they do put the big orders at the top of the list. I ordered 257 pounds/$514 worth of stuff. I think it was mostly stuff that they make a lot of though, Chaos militia parts, Cadian upgrade packs, books, etc...

I like to take advantage of the free shipping.

BobbJoe
10-01-2007, 21:40
There shipping time salso have alot to do with where you are. Who knows how my Death Korps got through those long nights in a US customs warehouse........;)