PDA

View Full Version : Dogs of War Armies?

Sir Phobos
05-01-2007, 18:27
I was wondering when people talk about doing a Dogs of War army are they saying that they take an army made up of the Regiments of Renown or just an army that is made up from the dogs of war list that has just basic pikemen and duelists and stuff like that? Also would an army made up entirely of the regiments of renown be good or would it be better to take one of those and base an army around it? Thanks for the answers.

Inkosi
05-01-2007, 18:40
I was wondering when people talk about doing a Dogs of War army are they saying that they take an army made up of the Regiments of Renown or just an army that is made up from the dogs of war list that has just basic pikemen and duelists and stuff like that? Also would an army made up entirely of the regiments of renown be good or would it be better to take one of those and base an army around it? Thanks for the answers.

can be made up of both mundane DOW units or ROR.

DOW is all about variety and an all ROR army isnt really recommended cause the number of truely effective ROR can be counted on 1 hand.

Sir Phobos
05-01-2007, 20:02
just wondering what are the good ones?

Bingo the Fun Monkey
05-01-2007, 21:16
Long Drong's Slayers, Mengil's Manflayers, Republican Guard, Venators, Oglah Khan's wolfboyz.

sephiroth87
05-01-2007, 21:53
I would also venture to say:

Marksmen of Miragliano
Bronzino's galloper guns
Birdmen of Catrazza (kind of)

Reabe
05-01-2007, 22:06
I would also venture to say:

Marksmen of Miragliano
Bronzino's galloper guns
Birdmen of Catrazza (kind of)

The Marksmen are really bad compared to normal Crossbowmen. Bronzio's Guns are worth it for Bronzio himself, who can do anything Character Hunters and Fast Cavalry can do, and the Birdmen are fairly worthless since they got nerfed in early 6th edition.

Move Fast Hit Low
06-01-2007, 00:45
i think the besiegers are better than the marksmen, when i start getting a steady cash flow my hope is making a DOW army with Kislev cavalry, Besiegers, Ogres, and probably some Republican guard