PDA

View Full Version : Is this un-fluffy?

Stormtrooper Clark
05-01-2007, 19:16
I have rather alot of Eldar models painted in the Biel-Tan scheme but i was setting up my Troops aganinst a Space Marine player and he refused to play me because it was 'Un-fluffy' supposadly because i had Guardians, Warwalkers and a Fire Prism which were not Aspect Warriors. So, would i loose points in a Tourny for bringing non Aspect Warriors painted as Beil-Tan, also do you agree with the SM player?

Khaine's Messenger
05-01-2007, 19:25
As an old-tyme "fluff nazi," I'd have to side with you on this one. There's nothing wrong with having Guardians, Fire Prisms, and Warwalkers in a Biel-tan army (especially if they're in Biel-tan colors, but imho that's not really important). You could even have no Aspect Warriors in your army, and I'd be satisfied. The Space Marine player is being doubly stupid, first for refusing to play you (it's a game played for fun, for crying out loud) and then for citing his refusal as based on the background.

*EDIT: I really don't think you should lose "points" in a tourney, either, but then that's out of my control and the semantics of any rules that argue that sort of thing can get odd.

Slaaneshi Slave
05-01-2007, 19:26
Every Eldar alive is a Guardian, they are all trained in the ways of war, so all Craft Worlds have many more of them than they do Aspect Warriors, even those with a higher percentage of Aspects than normal.

Grimtuff
05-01-2007, 19:26
:confused: :wtf: :eyebrows: :eek: (they're about all the smilies can sum up that post)

What was that SM player on? Biel Tan is a Craftworld, just like the other 4 (major) ones. Which has citizens on board (funny that), even though they are certainly more agressive than other Craftworlds they do not have ONLY Aspect Warriors on there.

Iron Buddha
05-01-2007, 19:30
If i had been with you at that tourny, i would have kicked that player in the junk. It is in no way unfluffy. its a paintjob for god's sake, nothing and i mean NOTHING says that Biel-tan has only aspect warriors, it merely says that they have a lot of them. Not to mention that Biel-tan is the the ultramarines of the eldar, meaning it is the army that GW uses (or used) as the paint job for the majority of models (at least in 3rd ED).

EDIT: i would have torpedoed him on all of his scores too:evilgrin:

ImhotepMagi
05-01-2007, 19:30
That's ridiculousness. Biel-Tan definitely uses a higher proportion of Aspect Warriors in their armies, but not every army from Biel-Tan has to be all aspects. In fact, there's no reason a Biel-Tan army couldn't be fielded without aspects at all. Maybe the aspects were deployed somewhere else more useful and yours is a force made to do without. As long as they are painted in colors, I don't see why not. Hell, I play Alaitoc and I only have one unit of pathfinders.

The guy you're talking about needs to loosen up a little bit. Its not like you're using chaos terminators as guardians or some such crap. Its a paint scheme that you like. I wonder if his head would have exploded if you had made up your own craftworld.

Jimbobjeff
05-01-2007, 19:36
I have to agree with everyone else......next time I see him I'd point out all the faults with his army which makes it unfluffy e.g. "nope you cant use that marine he has a tiny fleck of blue on his boler and bolters never have a bit of blue on them in the background"

Bregalad
05-01-2007, 19:41
I also have a strong respect for background issues, but in this case I cannot follow the SM player. Biel-Tan has MORE Aspect Warriors than most other craftworlds, but that does not mean that every cook, teacher and mechanic has to be one. Fluff even suggests that Biel-Tan has some tanks (for planetfall and transport) and war walkers (good in difficult terrain like forests), as they defend Exodite worlds and wouldn't walk all distances on foot. And the Fire prism tank (plus war walkers) supports the Biel-Tan philosophy of fast and hard hitting attacks. So tell the SM player that and be happy not to play against idiots like him.

superknijn
05-01-2007, 19:58
Aspects have their own colours, otherwise it would be near-pointless for Biel-tan to even have a colour scheme. Which would be a waste, as it looks nice.

People apparently tend to stereotype eldar craftworlds alot.
As if Ulthwé doesn't have any Aspects, or that Iyanden doesn't have any non-seer living Eldar, or that Saim-hann does not have units that touch the ground.

Daemon king Mad Dog
05-01-2007, 19:59
Buidl + Paint Your Army then create your fluff aroudn it, maybe this is a force that was thrown up to fight in the defense of the craftworld, miltia kinda thing, so yes, it is fluffy and the marine player is tripley stupid:

1. Refuses to play.
2. Refusal Based on background.
3. Refusal Based on background when he plays SM! The most un beleivable army in the game! Muwaa ha ha ha!

You can get it further contact with me at, www.marinehatersRus.com (Not a real website although it maybe).

EDIT: I wish i cud of voted or the second one... hmmm... i want burning.... Burn Xeno Scum! that should do it... *Gets out the stake*

Zorz Muaddieb
05-01-2007, 20:50
Considering there aren't craftworld specific army lists anymore, it would simply be playing with no elites or dire avengers (troops). Playing with all guardians is as much the Biel Tan fluff as a full all the aspect warriors you can fit in your list.

I have plenty of Guardians in my Biel Tan army and with the new dex I will have some more.

-Z

Misanthrope
05-01-2007, 20:55
If I were you, and if the guy was a lot smaller than me, I'd obliterate his army with a curb-stomp and then be like "Oh, sorry, your Space Marines are in pieces! You can't field them! It's un-fluffy!"

Sparda
05-01-2007, 21:05
I dont think its non fluffy at all. You sould have told him to shut up, and just play you. also...

I'll give you a dollar if you click this link
you owe me a dollar!!!!:p

jfrazell
05-01-2007, 21:10
What a loser. Be glad you didn't play him. It would have been hours of your life totally wasted.

Laughingmonk
06-01-2007, 04:51
I play Biel-Tann myself, and I use lots of guardians. Storm and defenders.

If he doesn't want to play you for your color scheme, refuse to play him on the basis that his space marines aren't organized and marked as detailed in the Codex Astartes, and are therefore "Unfluffy." If he argues that his chapter isn't organized like most other space marine chapters (this is assuming that he has his own color scheme. If he copies any chapters color scheme, he's doomed), tell him that your warhost isn't organized like most warhosts on Biel-Tann, and since the Guardians on Biel-Tann outnumber all space marines combined, he can shut his *******' soup cooler.

Or you could tell him that his "army" is too weak to warrant a full swordwind, so they just sent a band of poets, artists and shoemakers to destroy him. :D

Marshal2Crusaders
06-01-2007, 04:56
lol dont underestimate the shoe makers..,.theyre crazy

how old was this guy? un-fluffy games workshop even talks about how the list isnt craftworld specific and u can use it to represent whatever the hell u want

MAD MAN-A-TRON
06-01-2007, 05:17
two words for that fellow, tool bad

Scythe
06-01-2007, 11:50
:wtf:

The Biel-Tan color scheme excists for a reason! Aspect warriors are more common in Biel-Tan armies, this doesn't mean armies of Biel-Tan are only made from aspect warriors.

EarlGrey
06-01-2007, 12:51
What's to say that your army is the more Guardian heavy part of the whole Eldar army? Perhaps a rear-guard force? Maybe these are the few remaining Aspect Warriors on the planet as the rest have been killed? There are plenty of things to say that make it "battle-fluffy" as well as just fluffy. I think "battle-fluffy" should be considered along with "fluffy" when looking at someone's army.
Your army is fine. The Space Marine player was obviously scared of Guardians. :)

Daemon king Mad Dog
06-01-2007, 12:58
Or the marine was scared of eldar...

machine_recovered_meat
06-01-2007, 13:17
I have rather alot of Eldar models painted in the Biel-Tan scheme but i was setting up my Troops aganinst a Space Marine player and he refused to play me because it was 'Un-fluffy' supposadly because i had Guardians, Warwalkers and a Fire Prism which were not Aspect Warriors. So, would i loose points in a Tourny for bringing non Aspect Warriors painted as Beil-Tan, also do you agree with the SM player?
That's truly alarming. The whole point of things like tabletop wargaming is to have fun and enjoyment.

I would suggest this person needs to adjust their cranio-anal interface.

Brotherdraagor
06-01-2007, 16:13
Although the second option was very tempting;) , the whole point of painting them yourself is that you can have them any style you want. The guy who refused to play was being what most people like to call a tosser, though *&^%, %^&%"£$ and @##{ are equally acceptable.

In terms of fluff, well as long as your force is nicely balanced I'd say who cares. It's Eldar, it contains a variety of Eldar units, not just one, it's fluffy enough for me.