PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt wood elf

mightygnoblar
05-01-2007, 21:31
this list is a first for me in many ways, firstly it is the first wood elf list that i have built to be magically capable (normally i just build up my defenses and whither the enemies magic) and secondly it is the first real mixed wood elf list i have taken incorporating a good mix of both elves and tree spirits, shooting and close combat as normally i compose it to excel in one aspect while having little to none of the other, so would this list work? or do you have any suggestions or changes that would make it more effective
so anyway heres the list

Lord
Spellweaver lv4
wand of wych elm
stone of crystal mere
total:335

Spell singer lv2
calaingors stave
total:150

Branchwraith lv1
cluster of radiance
total:140

Core
10 glade guard 120
10 glade guard 120
10 glade guard 120

5 glade riders w/musician 129

8 dryads 96
8 dryads 96
8 dryads 96
8 dryads 96

special
10 wardancers w/blade singer 194
5 wild riders w/full command and warbanner 191

rare
great eagle 50
great eagle 50

Total: 1983
finally i have a few points left any suggestions on how to spend them?

northwoodDreamer
06-01-2007, 04:58
The list seems quite capable in my opinion. Off the top of my head I don't really see any weaknesses to speak of. An army with lots of knights may give you some problems, but I don't see it being too bad. Overall, a very nice balanced list.

droidman
06-01-2007, 05:17
I would trade the wand of the wych elm for the deepwood sphere and some dispel scrolls

Highborn
06-01-2007, 08:17
I'd keep the Wand of Wych Elm.

I think your weakness would be armies like Dwarves, Bretonnia and to a lesser degree Chaos Mortals. Basically, anything with armour - I really think that without treemen, treekin, combat lords, monstrous mounts or anything that effect, that you have what it takes to combat massed, high armour troops consistently, especially when Dwarves start opening fire.

That said, this list should absolutely kill most other lists it comes across. For a Welf force, it has quite a large body count, and most of those are very good at what they do. It's strong, and armour is the only weakness I can really find in it. Even so, it's quite resilient to armour. I just don't think it's as resilient to armour as armour is to it, if you know what I mean. Try playing against Bretonnians, I'd be interested to see how that match up works out.