PDA

View Full Version : 1500pts for winter war

samw
06-01-2007, 00:06
Ahoy there fellow warseers. Well it's finally happened, my local store has banned the Errantry List, and so I've reverted back to the standard Bret set. So while I struggle to recapture the winning formula at 2K, I thought I'd knock up a 1500pt list for the upcoming winter war tournament. Played with this force once against beastmen and it performed rather well, but I'm still very open to changes and I have a fair stock of models to do so. So without further ado:

Paladin; Lance; Shield; Knights Vow; Virtue of the Joust; Cuirass of Fortune; Warhorse -125pts

My General, able to dish out a world of hurt. Only three attacks, but with re-rolling misses on the charge and re-rolling 1's to wound at ST6 they're all gonna count!

Paladin; Battle Standard Bearer; Knights Vow; War Banner; Virtue of Duty; Warhorse -129pts

Yes it's standard, but ever since he single handedly won me the game against an undead player he's well and truly earned his place.

Damsel of the Lady; Dispel Scroll(x2); Warhorse -130pts

Insurance against anyone who brings three wizards to the table

8 Knights Errant; Standard Bearer; Champion; Musician; Errantry Banner -201

Even in a normal list I can't resist them! :D My general's entourage, they'll smash through just about anything.

8 Knights of the Realm; Standard Bearer; Champion; Musician -216

The second hammer, to follow the BSB.

8 Knights of the Realm; Standard Bearer; Champion; Musician -216

The third hammer, which while lacking a combat character, will most likely not have magic sent its way owing to the presence of the damsel, and so be more likely to reach the front lines intact.

5 Mounted Yeomen; Spear; Bow; Musician; Shield; Fast Cavalry -87

Everyone loves fast cav, especially the dirt cheap kind. There to stop anyone baiting my Errants.

18 Peasant Bowmen; Musician; Skirmish -131

To guard the trebuchet and worry enemy support units. Even at 6's to hit 18 of them will make a wizard think twice about leaving his unit. Musician's there because I had 5 points left and it can't hurt in case they scarper.

3 Pegasus Knights; Champion; Musician -175

"Honour and glory do not stop cannonballs, fliers do."

Field Trebuchet -90

Can wreak such total havoc I try not to leave without it. Plus it keeps me in practice for my new Empire force.

So, thoughts? Adjustments? Chastisement?

Krankenstein
06-01-2007, 08:13
Very good list I think. You might consider moving the warbanner form the BSB to his unit, and giving the BSB the sword of might or something to increase his kill-appeal instead. Then again if it is your experience that he always survives, it might not matter.

Your general in the Errant unit? Could get interesting if they charge something they shouldn’t. But it seems you have the speed to help them out if it came to that.

Highborn
06-01-2007, 08:39
My main gripe would be Krankenstein's second point. Is there any reason your general is with the Errants and the BSB with the Realm rather than vice versa? Other than that, I like the list.

samw
06-01-2007, 14:48
My main gripe would be Krankenstein's second point. Is there any reason your general is with the Errants and the BSB with the Realm rather than vice versa? Other than that, I like the list.

Well simply because with the Knights of the Realm being LD8 anyway, don't need his leadership, so it hardly matters if he's off with the LD7 Errants. Yes the BSB would also make the Errants LD 8, but if they do end up charging something way beyond their means I'd rather not lose the Battle Standard when I break. Finally, while the BSB helps to an extent out of combat, my general is only really useful within combat, and the Errants are the best way to ensure he gets there with that wonderful immune to psychology on the charge. Is there a reason I should put him with the Realms?

Also, do people think I have too many peasant archers? Should I trade them out for more yeomen?

Krankenstein
06-01-2007, 21:11
Also, do people think I have too many peasant archers? Should I trade them out for more yeomen?

Nah, if anything you should have more of both ;)

6 yeomen can save you a panic test with a single casualty, and longbowmen are cool, but only when they rool a lot of dice.