PDA

View Full Version : Got It!

Darkseer
06-01-2007, 08:00
I just got my book in the post this morning. It's signed! :D

I also got all my chaos craft and Imperial craft.

I am a happy boy!

ANotherFarseer
06-01-2007, 08:25
Mine arrived this morning too, also signed :D

Though my order was missing half of my hell blades and all of my nightwings :( hopefully it wont be long before they are back in stock :)

Darkseer
06-01-2007, 08:27
Just looking through the book, playing small confrontations seems simple enough. The larger games involve things like 4 bombers which is quite costly. I'm also a bit perplexed by the lack of transport craft for chaos.

ANotherFarseer
06-01-2007, 08:30
Just looking through the book, playing small confrontations seems simple enough. The larger games involve things like 4 bombers which is quite costly. I'm also a bit perplexed by the lack of transport craft for chaos.

I have had a quick flick through the book, not really got time to read it, going to work soon :cries:

I would have thought they would have used the dread claws for chaos troop transport but alas no, unless they assume you would make that assumption for any troop landing mission :confused:

Darkseer
06-01-2007, 08:47
I'll read it later.

I could always convert a CHAOS thunderhawk or something.

Ravens Claw
06-01-2007, 09:34
Oh man...I live in NEw Zealand, so prolly wont see my copies for another two to three weeks.

Oh well...:(

Christine
06-01-2007, 10:25
Dreadclaws wouldn't make for exciting games though surely - I mean you'd just see the wee beasties plummet down rapidly before stopping on the surface. Where's the fun in just ticking of a whole wodge of altitude each turn?

Spacker
06-01-2007, 11:00
Dreadclaws wouldn't make for exciting games though surely - I mean you'd just see the wee beasties plummet down rapidly before stopping on the surface. Where's the fun in just ticking of a whole wodge of altitude each turn?

Dreadclaws in 40k are Flyers and Orbital Landers as well as Drop Pods - they can fly :) However, they don't have weapons, so they'd just be flying targets ...

The problem is that with the rules in the rulebook the Chaos list has no way to gain VPs other than blowing things up, they have no transports and so cannot get VPs for dropping infantry onto objectives.

I can see Drop Pods/Dreadclaws being added at some point in the future as a another possible way to get VPs for landing on objectives, and while they would just plummet it might prove a distraction for your opponent to ha11ve to shoot them down to deny you the VPs.

Greblord
06-01-2007, 14:26
I got a nice message from the postman saying that I wasn't in. Which I was. Bah.

Mr_Rose
06-01-2007, 14:45
I got a nice message from the postman saying that I wasn't in. Which I was. Bah.
That is annoying. Actually, I've got one or two of those myself... Lazy git doesn't want to lug the big heavy parcel about so he just shoves a "you weren't in" note through the door. Doesn't even bother filling it in right. Luckily, I live literally three minutes away from the nearest sorting office, so there is never a problem getting the stuff. It just really cheeses me off that the guy doesn't even knock on the door. I hope to catch one of them at it one day....
Sorry..

Aaanyway, mine came today too, so I just need to dig out my old epic flyers and get playing...

Jmaeta
09-01-2007, 17:18
Did anyone outside of the UK get theirs yet? Can't wait. :D

Christine
09-01-2007, 17:50
Well mine should hopefully be here by Thursday fingers crossed!

Xavier
09-01-2007, 18:00
I hate you all :(

My hate will last until my book arrives, then I shall return to loving? tolerating? acknowledging? you again :)

marv335
09-01-2007, 22:03
i phoned up forgeworld this afternoon. aparrently mine was dispatched today.
i should get it in the next couple of days.
can't wait.

rkunisch
10-01-2007, 09:32
Did anyone outside of the UK get theirs yet? Can't wait. :D
Yep, it has landed in Germany already last week.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Greblord
10-01-2007, 10:04
Went to the post orifice and picked it up this morning. Signed :)
Bent corner, No Barracudas :(
Tiger Sharks (oo and my great unclean one :D)

Jmaeta
10-01-2007, 11:23
Yep, it has landed in Germany already last week.

Have fun,

Rolf.

:wtf: Nothing in my mail though!!!

Xavier
10-01-2007, 11:29
I want my book :cries:

Jedi152
10-01-2007, 11:33
I wish i could afford the book! :p

gitburna
10-01-2007, 11:36
Got mine yesterday too :)

Nice book, the heavy paper and the sort of canvas effect theyve put on is a nice touch.

The games and rules all seem relatively straightforward.

As some have said there are seemingly "Empty" slots in some of the air forces, but thats no big deal, it allows for expansion in the future, and this is the extent of the current range of epic aircraft isnt it?

This ruleset would allow for games of deep space fighter combat too, with the fighters and bombers "counting" as starhawks and furies etc etc

Great addition to the 40k universe!

Jmaeta
10-01-2007, 22:02
just heard that my order was send yesterday.... Oh the waiting, the waiting...:p

marv335
12-01-2007, 13:51
i got a card from the lying b*****d who calls himself the postman today.
it said i was out so i have to go to the office tomorrow morning to pick it up.
i was sitting on the couch watching battlestar galactica dammit!!
he probably didn't want to carry it up the stairs to the flat.
git.
now i have to wait :(

Greblord
12-01-2007, 14:10
my sympathies marv. It's worth the wait though :)

marv335
12-01-2007, 14:20
i wouldn't mind so much but i ordered it on the 24th.

Spacker
12-01-2007, 14:47
I'm in the position of having friends round to play this weekend, a rulebook in my hands, and 5 aircraft (2 fighters, 1 bomber, 2 tranports). Unfortunately not enough aircraft for my opponents to use :(

I've got orders outstanding with FW for 4 more Imp fighters, 2 tau bombers, and 4 tau fighters, but I guess with all the other orders they're still packing there wasn't much hope of me getting them this week :cries:

Guess I'll have to make up some card bases for my son's small toy aircraft and proxy ...

UPDATE: Woo hoo, I just remembered what I have in my attic I can use as proxies - 15 sets of Star Wars Micro Machines ships :D

Going to make for an interesting game on Sunday ...

marv335
12-01-2007, 16:09
well i went into town and picked up my stuff.
i got most of it, just the marauder bomber/destroyer to get now.
the cards look good, i'll get them cut and laminated at a local art shop.
and it was an autographed copy too.

Christine
12-01-2007, 16:26
Damnation! I just phoned them up and they said it should be dispatched on Monday! Frickin Monday! It will have been 2 weeks when I finally get it!

One very Annoyed Christine.

Axel
12-01-2007, 19:15
Mine just arrived. Huzzah!

Xavier
12-01-2007, 23:43
Yay new book spell :D

*dies*

New Cult King
13-01-2007, 07:51
Got mine the other day, signed :D It's a great book, elegent rules set, and some awesome artwork. This is the first FW book I've bought, so if the others are as sexy, I might have to start investing ;)

I have to wait until payday to get some aircraft. I just got a new motorbike, and the insurance, new helmet etc., have wiped me out financially.

greenmtvince
13-01-2007, 18:57
Got mine the other day, signed :D It's a great book, elegent rules set, and some awesome artwork. This is the first FW book I've bought, so if the others are as sexy, I might have to start investing ;)

I have to wait until payday to get some aircraft. I just got a new motorbike, and the insurance, new helmet etc., have wiped me out financially.

The other books are as sexy! GW proper could take a note from Warwick Kinrade and Tony Cottrell when releasing codicies. I've got IA 1, 3, and 4. 1 was a lot like Aeronautica. Lots of drawings, stats, and photos. 3 Was a cool historical account with rules for some fairly original stuff. 4 I think was the best thus far. Cool story, the Nids get some good treatment, two army lists, and rules for close quarters/space hulk style fighting.

CENOBITE
16-01-2007, 12:07
Got mine today and it is a signed copy.
I ordered on January 2nd, which makes me wonder how many copies FW actually sold until now.
Anyone out there without a signed copy?

Spacker
16-01-2007, 12:24
The other books are as sexy! GW proper could take a note from Warwick Kinrade and Tony Cottrell when releasing codicies. I've got IA 1, 3, and 4. 1 was a lot like Aeronautica. Lots of drawings, stats, and photos. 3 Was a cool historical account with rules for some fairly original stuff. 4 I think was the best thus far. Cool story, the Nids get some good treatment, two army lists, and rules for close quarters/space hulk style fighting.

The only problems with 3 and 4 are that both of them ended up having the proof read version not sent to the printers - the final drafts were sent instead, so there are lots of typos in both books.

marv335
16-01-2007, 13:16
oops, i just accidentally ordered some more stuff from forgeworld.
4 ork fightas and 2 fighta-bommas.
plus a pack of hydra platforms and a pack of earthshaker platforms (heavy flak guns)
plus my flatmate just broke down and bought some chaos.
(it was only a matter of time Kris ;))

Greblord
16-01-2007, 13:59
I keep 'accidentally' ordering more AI stuff too :/
Two barracusas and two tiger sharks at first.
Then four thunderbolts and a marauder destroyer.
Then two more barracudas, an Orca and two lightnings.

I'm sure I'd have saved on postage if I'd just ordered them all at once :/

Athmos
16-01-2007, 14:01
did anyone notice they forgot the hyperios in the stat descriptions ?

will still have their stats on the reference sheet wich list all basic statline, but they just don't appear in the listing or marines aircrafts and stuffs...

Athmos

Spacker
16-01-2007, 14:50
Doh, just got off the phone and FW are out of Tau flyers, so no idea on when my order will get sent :(

Good news is that my next batch of Imperials is being packed today - 2 more TBolts and 2 Lightning Strikes :)

marv335
16-01-2007, 15:35
have fun putting the missiles onto the strikes wings ;)

my goal is to have enough stuff to be able to play both sides from all the small missions.

that should be plenty.

Spacker
16-01-2007, 17:20
have fun putting the missiles onto the strikes wings ;)

I'm looking forward to it. I've got 12 missiles to put on the Marauder Destroyer too ...

my goal is to have enough stuff to be able to play both sides from all the small missions.

that should be plenty.

Once all my FW AI stuff on order is delivered, I'll have the following:

4 Thunderbolts
2 Lightnings
2 Valkyries
1 Marauder Destroyer

2 Nightwings
4 Phoenix
2 Vampires (waiting on these to come up on pre-order ...)

4 Barracudas
2 Tiger Sharks

Should keep me going for a while. I should take out shares in FW - I've got a load of Death Korp on pre-order too, and nearly 2k of FW stuff in total ...

rkunisch
16-01-2007, 18:17
Doh, just got off the phone and FW are out of Tau flyers, so no idea on when my order will get sent :(
No estimate when they expect to get them back in stock? Ah, I think I simply need to wait a bit until I order them then. :(

Have fun,

Rolf.

Christine
16-01-2007, 18:28
Still no book and stuff *sighs*

TheBlueGrassGamer
17-01-2007, 04:43
Greetings,

When I came home for lunch today (4:00 PM EST), I found my copy waiting on me. Haven't had time to read through it yet, but it does look interesting.

By the way, anyone else notice the Skyray was missing from the Tau Air Carde list? A bit odd, since the description of the 40K scale Skyray on the Forge World site says it is the premier AA platform for the Fire Caste. Then again, AI does say that seeker missiles are primarily now a ground-attack munition.

Thanks,
The Bluegrass Gamer

Spacker
17-01-2007, 09:20
The Skyray is in the list. It's on page 15 in the AA weapons table, and the points are on page 19 in the list. It's just missing a data sheet, but with the table on page 15 it's not really needed. It's the same for the Marine Hyperios.

idespair
17-01-2007, 09:30
I'm having problems with Forgeworld at the moment. They posted AI to me on the 8th, and sent some Barracudas seperately on the 12th. These arrived on the 13th with the wrong flat number on the delivery label (one that doesn't even exist) - luckily the postman had noticed and scribbled the correct number down on the package.

Sadly, still no book yesterday so I phoned Forgeworld. The guy on the phone admitted they had copied the wrong address from my order (submitted online, so I have proof I was right). Despite this, they won't do anything about it until 15 working days have passed, even though they are in the wrong and the book has little chance of ever arriving.

I'm really quite annoyed.

Spacker
17-01-2007, 10:13
I'm having problems with Forgeworld at the moment. They posted AI to me on the 8th, and sent some Barracudas seperately on the 12th. These arrived on the 13th with the wrong flat number on the delivery label (one that doesn't even exist) - luckily the postman had noticed and scribbled the correct number down on the package.

Sadly, still no book yesterday so I phoned Forgeworld. The guy on the phone admitted they had copied the wrong address from my order (submitted online, so I have proof I was right). Despite this, they won't do anything about it until 15 working days have passed, even though they are in the wrong and the book has little chance of ever arriving.

I'm really quite annoyed.

The 15 days is quite normal - most places that send out packages via Royal Mail do this because RM will often pass wrongly addressed mail for manual processing and this can add a delay of up to 2 weeks to getting it delivered. Also RM are quite adept at delivering parcels with the wrong address on - so long as the postcode is correct you'd be amazed at how wrong the address can be and the package still arrive.

However, I'm surprised that given that they know the address is wrong they're not willing to send out a replacement.

Athmos
17-01-2007, 10:33
I'm sure they will replace it if it doesn't arrive

given that they are allready submerged by the demand, it's not a surprise they are asking to be sure it doesn't arrive before sending a new book.

Athmos

technichen03
17-01-2007, 15:35
One quick question, I'm also waiting patiently for my book, but how many copies are signed?

marv335
17-01-2007, 15:55
only the first 500 are signed.

TheBlueGrassGamer
17-01-2007, 16:06
Greetings,

The Skyray is in the list. It's on page 15 in the AA weapons table, and the points are on page 19 in the list.

I stand corrected. I figured that out this morning (very early this morning) when I was flipping through the pages once more, and saw it in the main listing of planes and AA defenses. (Which is also where the option to upgrade transports to carry drop troops is listed....)

Also, for bragging rights: my copy came in signed. W00t!

Thanks,
The Bluegrass Gamer

Christine
17-01-2007, 16:52
Well mine finally got dispatched tonight after they'd told me that it had been sent for processing last Monday. I'm really really not impressed with them at the moment.

Edit...

Huzzah it finally arrived and it's a thing of beauty! I can't believe how thin the rules and how easy it looks like it's going to be to play :) I cannot wait to get a game up and running!

VERITAS/AEQUITAS
20-01-2007, 12:53
Got mine yesterday! And it is signed by Warwick :D

Also got my regular 40k bits.

But NOT A SINGLE PLANE!!! all out of stock and will be despatched as soon as available :cries:

New Cult King
21-01-2007, 00:58
Edit...

Huzzah it finally arrived and it's a thing of beauty! I can't believe how thin the rules and how easy it looks like it's going to be to play :) I cannot wait to get a game up and running!

Woot! It is indeed a thing of beauty. I'm so pleased, this is the first game I have been truly excited about playing since I can remember.

technichen03
24-01-2007, 15:24
Now I'm realy jealous, So jealous I contacted FW to see where my order is.... and guess what, it hasn't even left the warehouse yet, man these guys are slow. I was hoping to get it by the end of the week. (you would think after ordering it almost 2 weeks ago).AHHHHHHHHGGGGG!

greenmtvince
25-01-2007, 03:21
Got mine yesterday! And it is signed by Warwick :D

Also got my regular 40k bits.

But NOT A SINGLE PLANE!!! all out of stock and will be despatched as soon as available :cries:

Veritas, I see your 40K army is Phantine. Are you doing your "wing" as a Phantine guard Regiment as well? I ask because I've picked the Phantine XVII for my Fighters and Bombers.

In other news. The pilots of Stingray Squadron, Phantine XVII got their first sortie today against a pack of Orks. Lieutenant Ed McNiel scored the first kill for the Regiment, followed shortly after by Lieutenant Elijah Tamimi. Lieutenant McNiel's Thunderbolt 102 was chewed up badly by some close range fire, but continued the fight (Made the 6+ Rugged Save.)

Captain Otto Keller, the flight leader, scored a clean hit on one of the fighta-bombers but was unable to finish it off. For several minutes the Guardsmen vied to get into a good tailing position, while the Orks were content to fly head on passes. As fuel supplies dwindled, both sides returned disengaged and headed to their respective aerodromes.

Post flight inspection revealed sheet metal damage to 3 of the 4 aircraft. Of Thunderbolt 102, the fitters aren't sure how it made it back to base, but it will require extensive repairs before it's airworthy again. The final tally was two Phantine victories and no losses.

Hellebore
25-01-2007, 03:38
I received a signed copy of Aeronautica Imperialis the other week - for some reason the FW packers thought it was Imperial Armour Volume 4 Anphelion Project (what I had originally ordered).

Well, to cut a long story short, I emailed them and they're sending me IA4 as well (and another copy of IA3 because the first was damaged) at no extra charge.

So the upshot? ALWAYS hope for damaged goods, cuz you'll always end up better off in the long run :cool:

Hellebore