PDA

View Full Version : Got the Starship Troopers miniature game yesterday

The Emperor
06-01-2007, 10:24
And Dear Lord, these miniatures are a nightmare! :eek: And I haven't even glanced at the Arachnids, yet, so I have no idea how many pieces they come in. Please tell me that the rest of the miniature line doesn't feature 12+ piece infantry models.

Anyway, despite my horror at the sight of the miniatures, I'm liking the rules so far. I'm gonna have to reread them a couple more times, but at first glance, very nice. The battle report snippet they had definitely made it seem interesting (I certainly would've liked to have read the rest of that battle).

So who here plays this game, and what do you think of it? It'll be a while before I get around to playing (Does anyone in Miami even play this game? I don't know. Guess I'll find out), so I'm interested in hearing other peoples experiences involving the game.

Also, I understand the company which publishes the Starship Troopers miniatures game also has a magazine which features articles on it and their other games. Does that magazine feature any battle reports? It'd be nice to see more battles in action.

Well, here's hoping I get these miniatures assembled soon. Man, I'll NEVER disparage the Battle for Macragge miniatures, again. ;)

chromedog
06-01-2007, 10:53
Mongoose publishing do a magazine called "Signs & Portents" which gives coverage of of their games (including battle reports for SST) and they're usually available as downloads off the website.

I get it mainly for the babylon 5 rpg stuff and Judge Dredd, but the other content does give me an entertaining read.

Pokpoko
06-01-2007, 13:40
pff, the assembly of the MI is easy...except for the arms. it takes lots of practice to stick them properly ...that's why i prefer their metal versions, no glue needed:D:D

Sleazy
09-01-2007, 16:59
great game, nice minis although, yeah they seem to be in soooo many pieces just for the hell of it.

Some real bargains to be found at the moment too, my local games store has marauder suits in for £5!

The Emperor
09-01-2007, 17:19
pff, the assembly of the MI is easy...except for the arms. it takes lots of practice to stick them properly ...that's why i prefer their metal versions, no glue needed:D:D

Yeah, once I wrapped my head around where all the pieces went, it is fairly easy. The arms, though. ARRRGH! What a horrid nightmare! I'm still trying to figure those out.

Pokpoko
09-01-2007, 18:01
i'v heard that shaving off some of the chestplate helps, but given my manual "dexterity" i was too afraid to try. one guy also used lighter flame to warm the plastic and lenghten the arms(of course you have to clean up the pieces after that:D)

swordwind
09-01-2007, 18:41
The main problem is because the hand is larger than the handle of the weapons so rather than fitting snuggly into place it wobbles about like a jelly ontop of a Landrover.

Bugs are much easier, once you know the secret. The main problem people have is with the legs not sticking in place long enough for the glue to set. To get arround this, theres is a cavity that all the leg plugs fit into. Put a small ammount of Greenstuff or Milliput or even Blutac there before putting in glue and the legs then closing the rest of the torso will hold the legs in the position you want long enough for the glue to do its business.