PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to get out of SW 2008?

Lornak Bloodgreed
06-01-2007, 13:33
What would you like in the eccessory sprews?
What would you like the fluff to evolve into?
What is the emphasis that you want on the Space Wolves miniatures, Wolf theme vs Viking theme?
Should their colors change?, ex. no more sissy yellow!!!
Should Logan Grimnar get a re-done miniature?
Should the wolf lords/characters get their own miniatures?
Should the Space wolves be allowed to keep their special chapter specific abilities?
Being the only chapter that is still of legion size, should their squads be upgraded to max 16?
Should the Wolfguard be rid of and unhindered by that stupid 20terminator only special rule?
Should the wolfguard have special skills like the deathwing of my other favorite chapter the DA?
BIG ?: Should the Space wolves be redone completly or should they keep to the origional vanilla beauty?

Being my origional favorite chapter, I would like you to put some thought and respect into your decisions, do not give information that damns this awsome chapter/legion please, thank you! :D :cool:

sigur
06-01-2007, 13:51
1.) they surely will get one
2.) keep it as it is, reintroduce old stuff
3.) a healthy mix would do the trick
4.) dirty heretic.:mad: It's a tabletop army of a chapter of the biggest show-offs of the universe. Why would they not use bright colours?!
5.) why would that be necessary?
6.) There will be more than enough new character models.
7.) All non-codex chapters (which are the only one who get codices) have their special lists, rules and equipment. Why would GW change that?
8.) no
9.) so 20 terminators are too few for your 1500pts game?:rolleyes:
10.) Well, they're not that special, let's be honest.
11.) I have no idea what you are talking about.

Hope I didn't damn anybody.;)

nazrag
06-01-2007, 14:44
1. nice and shiny stuff...!

2. think they should keep it the way it is..possibly fill in more about Ragnar :D

3. wolf-vikings of course!

4. well..if not yellow, what other colour?

5. i think the current one is ok..others need it more, like ragnar!

6. of course!

7. of course! if they didn't have it, they GW could've just put them in the main codex!

8. they are nor legion size..they are about 1200 ladz..an I see no reason for them to have larger squads really..

9. as the other guy said..do you need more than 20 of them? :cheese:

10. neeh...

11. well..they are not vanilla are they?

Ko Improbable
06-01-2007, 16:29
All I want is for it to require little or no money to get my army to be legal and 1850 points according to the new codex.

Lamenter
07-01-2007, 01:25
[4]Should their colors change?, ex. no more sissy yellow!!!

You got somethin' to say about yellow...

*points to avatar*

:evilgrin:

Onisuzume
07-01-2007, 08:49
What is the emphasis that you want on the Space Wolves miniatures, Wolf theme vs Viking theme?
Should the Space wolves be allowed to keep their special chapter specific abilities?
Being the only chapter that is still of legion size, should their squads be upgraded to max 16?
Should the Wolfguard be rid of and unhindered by that stupid 20terminator only special rule?
Should the wolfguard have special skills like the deathwing of my other favorite chapter the DA?
BIG ?: Should the Space wolves be redone completly or should they keep to the origional vanilla beauty?

1: Puppies!
2: Don't really care/know about this.
3: Wolf...
4: I don't think that the colours will change; though they might show the colour patterns for each great company.
5: No, the model is fine as it is; now, lets look at Ragnar Blackmane...
6: They'll probably be easy to make with the upgrade sprue.
7: Sure, why not?
8: No, they remained legion size because of their inability to recruit from other planets, so they were to slowly dwindle down to chapter size.
9: No.
10: No.
11: Not sure what you mean.

sigur
07-01-2007, 08:57
8: No, they remained legion size because of their inability to recruit from other planets, so they were to slowly dwindle down to chapter size.

It's not like most other chapters are only recruiting from a single world.:p

Wolf Lord Duregar
07-01-2007, 09:18

1. The current sprue is nice but some added vehicle icons, a few more heads and perhaps a few new torsos would be nice.

2. Keep it as is and bring back some of the older special characters. Especially Bjorn the Fellhanded, heīs one of the coolest guys in the game!!;) And Iīm also a big fan of Njal, though he should get a new model if brought back...

3. As it is now, that is a healthy mix. :)

4. No, Shadow Grey with Space Wolf Grey highlights looks good and you can always paint them like the 13th Co. with Codex Grey as a base. Or something totally different if you donīt like grey, blue-grey...

5. Logan is fine, I think Ragnar and Ulrik should get new sculpts before Logan. And perhaps some other special characters, Ranulf would be a cool candidate..!:cool:

6. Nah, Logan and Ragnar is enough, leave the rest for us, the gamers to convert.

7. Of course!!

8. No, the current system is fine. The Space WOlves probably is a bit larger than vanilla Chapters but why should ourPacks be larger because of that..? Doesnīt makes sence. The US Army is (much) bigger than Denmarks army but the USī squads arenīt bigger because of that, are they..?

9. Iīve never, ever used even 20 Wolf Guards in any of my games...

10. Do we need it..? I rather keep the unique ability to mix the weapons i the way we can. I love my combi-plasma + lightning claw Wolf Guards...:evilgrin:

11. ..?

highmarshaldave
07-01-2007, 10:25
1. What would you like in the eccessory sprews?
The current sprue is good. A vehicle/terminator/character sprue'd be nice too. More akin to the Black Templars and Dark Angels ones.

2. What would you like the fluff to evolve into?
The fluff is good. Could do with being padded out more, but good otherwise.

3. What is the emphasis that you want on the Space Wolves miniatures, Wolf theme vs Viking theme?
Bit of both, mostly wolf though. Vikings in space!?

4. Should their colors change?, ex. no more sissy yellow!!!
No.

5. Should Logan Grimnar get a re-done miniature?
Really. . . no.

6. Should the wolf lords/characters get their own miniatures?
No. They can make do with the chapter sprue and the plastic commander like everyone else, lol.

7. Should the Space wolves be allowed to keep their special chapter specific abilities?
Don't be silly, of course they will.

8. Being the only chapter that is still of legion size, should their squads be upgraded to max 16?
I think you've got the facts wrong. The only chapter that is verging on "legion size" is the Black Templars. The Space Wolf chapter is only a wee bit bigger, at 1500 to 2000. But no, they shouldn't

9. Should the Wolfguard be rid of and unhindered by that stupid 20 terminator only special rule?
Nope.

10. Should the wolfguard have special skills like the deathwing of my other favorite chapter the DA?
Such as?

11. BIG ?: Should the Space wolves be redone completly or should they keep to the origional vanilla beauty?
So neopthytes in power armour, bonus characters in big games, 20 heroes of legend stroling the field and being able to hit two units with one devestator squad is vanilla? Awesome. . .

Dave out.

Onisuzume
07-01-2007, 13:58
It's not like most other chapters are only recruiting from a single world.:p
The Space Wolves can recruit from other planets, though the recruits would die a horrible death due to the lact of the canine helix. (I think it was called)
The other part of the reason is that it effectively makes the existance of successor chapters a lot harder since they have to recruit from the same world. (Wolf Brothers anyone?)

It is because of these things that they're allowed to be slightly larger then other chapters.

nazrag
07-01-2007, 14:10
The Space Wolves can recruit from other planets, though the recruits would die a horrible death due to the lact of the canine helix. (I think it was called)
The other part of the reason is that it effectively makes the existance of successor chapters a lot harder since they have to recruit from the same world. (Wolf Brothers anyone?)

why would that be a problem? they add the canine helix at some point in the tests before they are accepted into the chapter..if they wanted to recruit from other planets they could simply add the canine helix later on..;) at least that is how it's explained in the Ragnar saga..

Karhedron
07-01-2007, 14:18
SWs already have a decent selection of sprues for upgrading the power armoured troops. Some upgrades for Terminators would be awesome. Maybe something like plastic versions of the FW resin upgrades.

Does it need to evolve? The SW fluff is some of GW's best and most consistent. Add new details and bring it up to date but don't mess with it.

I think the current mixed emphasis is about right. Leave it and let players choose in what direction they want to theme their armies.

I like the yellow as a contrast colour. Anyway, again the answer should be not to limit players. Let people paint their armies how they want. The codex should be there to provide the army structure and ideas for modelling and painting. Not restrictions.

I think the model is still OK. There are other minis I would rather see first.

There are 12 of them so that might be a bit over the top. I would like to see Ragnar and Ulrik get revamped.

Definitely. If they are getting a fully fledged army book then I think that a full set of their own special rules is only fair.

I don't know if all squads need it. I rather like the current idea for pack sizes dwindling with age.

Yes.

What do you have in mind?

I don't think they need a complete revamp. Evolution is the key here rather than revolution I think.

inquisitorautry
07-01-2007, 19:33

One for squads probably isn't really necessary. They were the first army to get one and it holds up very well.
Keep it how it is, maybe a bit more on great hunts.
As long as they don't start having horned helmets I'll be happy.
Blood claws and wolf guard have had yellow as part of their pack markings for forever, so don't expect it to go away.
No, he's perfect as is. Would like to see a new Ragnar.
I'm sure they will. Would actually like to see a character sprue for the SM commander box.
Why would they lose them in the first place?
A) Why? and B) No.
If you're playing games big enough to field more than 20 terminators, take two force org charts, or play smaller games.
They might get furious charge or tank hunters or something like that as an option.
They won't change much. Probably just have additional options and probably lose the exterminator as a heavy support choice.

Thylacine
09-01-2007, 13:02
1. What would you like in the accessory sprues?
1. New legs, have them kneeling and running, a pair of lightning claws.

2. What would you like the fluff to evolve into?
2. Make it a tad more believable, like the planet, no race could survive on a planet that geologically violent.

3. What is the emphasis that you want on the Space Wolves miniatures, Wolf theme vs Viking theme?
3. I am still not sure if I like the Wulfen, I always thought that they were a bit too much like werewolves for my liking.

4. Should their colours change?, ex. no more sissy yellow!!!
4. Why?

5. Should Logan Grimnar get a re-done miniature?
5. Grimnar is ok some of the others could be redone.

6.Should the wolf lords/characters get their own miniatures?
6. That's a lot of models even for a chapter like the SW's, but Bjorn would be good give him a PLASMA CANNON!

7. Should the Space wolves be allowed to keep their special chapter specific abilities?
7. Absolutely, that's what makes them unique, although some have now been made common. The SW's are supposed to be good at HTH but these days they seem a bit lame (except for the Wolf Priest) and they were supposed to have promoted the Predator Annihilator so make it cheaper for them. Give them a tricked out the Leman Russ one that no one else can have (that includes IG).

8. Being the only chapter that is still of legion size, should their squads be upgraded to max 16?
8. That makes them too hard to place in transports, like Rhinos and Drop Pods.

9. Should the Wolfguard be rid of and unhindered by that stupid 20 terminator only special rule?
9. Who uses 20 WGBG in terminator armour now? I run some big lists and the most I use is 5 WGBG and I hardly ever use a WG model they chew up too many points.

10. Should the wolfguard have special skills like the deathwing of my other favourite chapter the DA?
10. Yes, anything that makes them more unique the better.

11. BIG ?: Should the Space wolves be redone completely or should they keep to the original vanilla beauty?
11. Some of their Wargear could be redone, they need a cheaper IP and the Thralls need to come on line with those the SM's. Bring back Bjorn and give him a better imitative, I want a dread that strikes first most of the time and perhaps a second assault weapon in the packs, two Power Fists and or two Power Weapons does not make up for not having a heavy long range weapon.

OBTW, all SW codexes were pulled off the shelves and sent off last weekend!

Thylacine:chrome:

Sasquatch
09-01-2007, 15:22

Being my origional favorite chapter, I would like you to put some thought and respect into your decisions, do not give information that damns this awsome chapter/legion please, thank you! :D :cool:

1. Vehicle bits mostly, but overall, it's good like it is.
2. Get rid of the stupid "feet on the ground" BS for not liking Jump Packs and generally more fluff on the Great Hunts or previous Great Wolf's
3. A good mix of both. The Wolf aspect is in the fluff but there's also a big Norse aspect to it, especially the mythology and the nomadic boatmen aspect of the fenrisians.
4. The colors are fine. The only place you're "required" to use yellow is for Blood Claw and Wolf Guard markings, so it's relatively minor.
5. Logan's fine, the other characters need it first.
6. Njal needs to come back and Bjorn would be great. There are plenty to choose from in the 2nd ed codex, all of which are great candidates.
7. It's what makes the Wolves unique for the most part, so ditching them or big modifications would mean a big loss of that uniqueness, not to mention a change in how the army is played.
8. BCs are already at 15 and the current progression (Grey Hunter to Long Fang) just represents the squad getting whittled down from casualties.
9. Who uses more than 20 Wolf Guard? Also, it provides freedom rather than hindrances. Name another army that has veterans with heavy weapons?
10. Special Skills would be nice, but that's up to GW.
11. ??? Are you talking about including the 13th Co? The current "Vanilla" SWs are largely OK (see below) and including the 13th could be interesting, but has to be done with care (and the fluff to back it up!)

Other comments:
- Two units that need fixing are the Blood Claw Jump packs and the Long Fangs. Both are horribly over costed for what they do.
- Our caracters should get special rules like others (Rites of Battle, Litanies of Gate, Psychic Powers), though how that fits in with the retinue rule could make things difficult. An easy out would be to up the retinues to 1000pts.
- I wouldn't want to see to many changes to our SW units. Ven Dreds, OBEL Scouts, Hunters, Claws, Fangs and the Leman Russ are another big part of what makes SWs special. The rules and equipment for these units should be kept as is.

Greblord
09-01-2007, 17:21
another victory over space marines :)