PDA

View Full Version : No origiality

tenpole
06-01-2007, 15:36
When I chose to replace the skaven team with a muscle team more suited to long term league play I chose orc. No one else had an orc team so I thought to would be great to have something different. I played against Yorkie witht he orcs and boy were they slow but they kept getting back up when the got blocked!! Then I go knocked down myself with the flu and when I recover and come back on there have been another two orc teams.
I liked the idea of my orc tea but not with a quarter of the league being orc. Nice to be different guys.

Edit:The title should read No originality but there is something about it which does not look right

Riddy
06-01-2007, 16:40
Waaahh waaahh boo hoo, my heard bleeds for you

*sarcasm detector explodes*

There are only so many teams people can use and we have all seen what happens to low Av teams like skaven, flings and soon elves (just you wait till the NZQ and the Xini's get ahold of you :p)

So people take orcs because they want a team with players that can last longer than a few matches, remember they are one of the best teams in BB, i for one welcome more bashy teams (mostly because my team likes to hit things) and remember even with the exact same roster 2 orc teams will be very different depending on their coaches.

Yorkiebar
06-01-2007, 18:21
Statistically elvish teams, especially wood elves (movement) and dark elves (armour) are the best overall. However, it's coach skill that really matters and it's quite possible to come out on top with any race (except halflings and gobbos of course).

RawMessiah
07-01-2007, 13:49
it comes down to luck but also SKILL (of the coach). I managed to win with my W.Elves yesterday; with 8-6 players during the whole match. It proves that you CAN win matches. I have also managed to win with only 3 players, having to try and score but also defend (managed to snap the ball and score).

I'm gonna go for a Human team in the league though, also an overal-good team, I think. But like Yorkie says, there are only that many teams to play with, won't hurt to block down some Orcz, plenty of 'em(!). ;) :)

PhrollikK
07-01-2007, 21:09
I feel slightly accused here (as I'm playing an orc team)... In my defence I would like to add that out of the available teams there are 4 different flavours of elf teams and undead teams and only 1 choice for orc teams (gobbos don't count!!! :evilgrin: ). As I play orcs in real life I chose them for the WBBL too. They are a flexible team and above all a FUN team to play with :)

tenpole
08-01-2007, 06:28
You tribe still come from the wrong side of the water. This means war.

Waaargh!

LordSnotball
08-01-2007, 20:17
2 things...

orcs play well above 250tr imo... b4 that u need a lot of luck...

skaven have the highest winning percentage i think, but rarely go above 150tr without cherry picking. DEs rule due to armour and bashing power, but are extremely limiting till u learn to play them, the come to life at around 180tr.

WEs are loads of fun coz 1-turners are easy to be built. then again, they die as easily as skaven so the question is, what is your personal style...

btw, with DEs i've managed to score a td with just 2 players on the pitch. if i can do it, anyone can... rumours have it that an elf team can score with just 1 player on the pitch, haven't ever seen that tho...

the trick is, have fun! orcs at least can take a couple of DP gobbos for a laugh

-Snottie