PDA

View Full Version : Fanatics and "Hand of Gork".

konate
06-01-2007, 15:48
"Hand of Gork" states that the target 'unit moves 2D6" towards the nearest enemy unit it can see'.

Does this mean that:

A) A Fanatic must move towards the closest enemy model in a unit

or

B) Towards any model in the closest unit?

Festus
06-01-2007, 15:55
B)34567890

Falkman
06-01-2007, 17:09
I can see the numbers Festus :eek:

And yeah, B is right, it's the unit he has to move towards, not specific models.

T10
07-01-2007, 11:45
Personally, I would not apply the Hand of Gork to a Fanatic, and I would casually ignore them when resolving the Waaagh! spell. I'm somewhat old-fashioned.

You move them in the same manner as any other unit consisting of a single US 1 model.

Note that the spell fails to provide a way to determine what "straight ahead" for non-ranked units such as skirmishers and warmachines. In the case these units cannot see an enemy, I suggest rolling the scatter dice to deterimen the direction they will move.

-T10

Avian
08-01-2007, 13:27
Well, the new O&G does indeed say that Fanatics *are* affected by Waaagh!(much to my surprise), thus that is not really a question. ;)

Zotyo
09-01-2007, 00:53
Hi,

Because I just now joined the community, I can not create a new thread, but it is somehow similar to this original.

So, how do you resolve the situation when my opponent's Night Goblin Fanatic triggers the release of my Night Goblin Fanatic?

Will my opponent's fanatic move it's full 2d6" movement, even if it will be closer than 8"?

Thans for your help, and sorry if I messed up a little this topic. :angel:

ZiggyQubert
09-01-2007, 04:15
Hi,

Because I just now joined the community, I can not create a new thread, but it is somehow similar to this original.

So, how do you resolve the situation when my opponent's Night Goblin Fanatic triggers the release of my Night Goblin Fanatic?

Will my opponent's fanatic move it's full 2d6" movement, even if it will be closer than 8"?

Thans for your help, and sorry if I messed up a little this topic. :angel:

I would persume that your fanatic would stop 8" away from my unit, my fanatics would be released and then your fanatics would finish thair movement