PDA

View Full Version : Brettonians-What do i add now?

Mr Zephy
06-01-2007, 18:00
[Edit: list deleted to make thread easier to read; see below for list.]

Basically, i'm building this list to 2000 pts and i'm wondering what it needs, and if it's any good. Btw i don't own any MAT, so i can't put those in.

Krankenstein
06-01-2007, 21:36
Actually, I would deduct some stuff. Light Armour and Villein are not worth it for bowmen. Silver Lance and Banner of the Lady are really expensive; you might take some cheaper gear.

Anyway, grail knights, yeomen and trebuchet are all nice units. You might also upgrade a damsel (on foot) to second level and see if you can get some Beast spells off with her. You should have standards and musicians in all your knight units.

Mr Zephy
07-01-2007, 10:22
Would Grail knights require a musician? Just asking since i only own one knight musician model (i started with the 5th edition boxed set, and could only get metal musicians.) Otherwise good ideas.

Krankenstein
07-01-2007, 10:34
Depends on how large a unit you take. A large unit of grail knights is quite expensive to loose to a failed rally test. It could cost you the game. I speak from a lot of experience here.

Mr Zephy
10-01-2007, 21:54
[Edit: list deleted to make thread easier to read; see below for list.]

Ok now gone back and made necessary changes, including finding an old Leon Leoncour model :). How's it now?

Makarion
10-01-2007, 23:34
Can Damsels take more than 50 points in magic items? Because you have 65 on the mounted one. Put the scrolls on one and the mirror plus potion on the other and you're good, though.

Mr Zephy
03-02-2007, 18:49
Ok, a humiliating game against goblins later, i've come up with this army:
Brettonian Lord
Shield
Hippogryph
Gromril Greathelm
Birth-sword of Carcassonne
Virtue of Confidence
;
Damsel
Brettonian Warhorse
Dispell Scroll
Dispell Scroll
;
Paladin
Lance
Cuirass of Fortune
Shield
Brettonian Warhorse
Virtue of Duty
;
Paladin
Banner of the Lady
Virtue of Purity
;
Damsel
The Silver Mirror
;
Knights of the Realm x8
Musician
;
Knights of the Realm x6
Standard Bearer
;
Knights of the Realm x9
Standard Bearer
Banner of Chalons
;
Peasant Bowmen x15
Light Armour
Skirmishing
;
Mounted Yeomen x5
;
Peasant Bowmen x15
;
Pegasus Knights x3
;

How does it look?

Krankenstein
03-02-2007, 20:21
Banner of the Lady, Virtue of Purity, The Silver Mirror, Light Armour for bowmen, Birth-sword of Carcassonne instead of a lance, Gromril Greathelm instead of enchanted shield? Boy you like your junk.

Spend the points on knights and skirmishing bowmen instead. They may not get you on the cover of Gear magazine, but they will kill enemies dead.

Mr Zephy
03-02-2007, 20:56
I'm gonna buy some more knights hopefully next week and so will possibly be able to field 2 more units (getting them second hand). I'm thinking though of getting some GK though. Thoughts?

Aelyn
03-02-2007, 22:57
Unless there's a special rule for Bretonnia, you can't have 5 characters in a 2000 point army, so I think you'd need to cut one.

Unfortunately I've never played against Bretonnia (well, not since 5th!) so I can't say which to cut, or what to replace it with.

dominic_carrillo
04-02-2007, 00:01
Banner of the Lady, Virtue of Purity, The Silver Mirror, Light Armour for bowmen, Birth-sword of Carcassonne instead of a lance, Gromril Greathelm instead of enchanted shield? Boy you like your junk.

i agree. why not full command for the knights of the realm?

Krankenstein
04-02-2007, 07:48
Unless there's a special rule for Bretonnia, you can't have 5 characters in a 2000 point army, so I think you'd need to cut one.

There is such a special rule.

Mr Zephy
04-02-2007, 10:53
The full command for the knights of the realm will come when I get the models. Pretty soon though.

Krankenstein
04-02-2007, 11:08
A thing you might consider: don’t play 2000 points when you don’t have the models. Bretonnia does fine at 1000 and 1500 points.

Mr Zephy
04-02-2007, 18:03
Yeah well i have played (1) games at 1500 pts, but most players round here bring 2000 pt lists. Also the models will be coming soon, so feel free to suggest whatever you want.

tyrion11482
04-02-2007, 18:24
there is you must have a BSB whyo deos not count as a char for limits

Krankenstein
04-02-2007, 19:12
I think 3 2 rank knight units and 3 3 rank knight units are nice. Try to get full command on all of them, though you can save a little on the small units if need be. The warbanner is a must. The Banner of Chalons is only necessary in my opinion when you face handguns, crossbows or similar nastiness. You might also downgrade one of your big units to knight-errants and use some of the points saved to give them the Errantry Banner.

In general I would only take one bowmen unit, the skirmishing one. Normal bowmen units of 15 takes up an awful lot of space and the guys in the farthest end will often be out of range and arc of worthy targets. Of course if you can deploy them on a central hill in two ranks and when you are facing goblins you might keep them until you get a trebuchet.

Mr Zephy
05-02-2007, 18:10
Hmm yeah that sound like a plan.