PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Slaanesh

Neo799
06-01-2007, 19:44
Hello, I'm trying to come up with a reasonably competitive Slaanesh list and any tips would be appreciated.

Exalted Sorcerer: lvl 4 wizard, Mark of Slaanesh, power familiar, gaze of the gods - 375

Sorcerer: lvl 2 wizard, Mark of Slaanesh - 140

Exalted Champion: barded steed, Mark of Slaanesh, shield, great weapon, helm of many eyes - 167

5 Chosen knights: Mark of Slaanesh, full command - 295

25 Marauders: light armour and shields, full command - 200

25 Marauders: light armour and shields, full command - 200

Chariot: Mark of Slaanesh - 130

6 Mounted daemonettes - 180

Total points - 1997

Power dice: 9
Dispel dice: 6

The Judge
06-01-2007, 19:52
With the new rules for great weapons, is it worth giving the mounted guy one? Go for a flail.

Otherwise a nice solid list I would seriously consider nicking wholesale.

Lord Steven
06-01-2007, 20:06
I'd be worried about having no scrolls and the fact that none of my units can flee.

Also, no screens? Things like fanatics and organ guns could prove costly.

Neo799
06-01-2007, 20:26
Thanks for the feedback!

I've made slight alterations:

Exalted Sorcerer: lvl 4 wizard, Mark of Slaanesh, power familiar, gaze of the gods - 375

Sorcerer: lvl 2 wizard, Mark of Slaanesh - 140

Aspiring Champion: barded steed, Mark of Slaanesh, shield, sword of might - 138

5 Chosen knights: Mark of Slaanesh, full command, rapturous standard - 345

30 Marauders: light armour and shields, full command - 235

30 Marauders: light armour and shields, full command - 235

5 Marauder horsemen: flails, shields, musician - 91

Total points - 1999

Power dice: 9
Dispel dice: 6

vcassano
06-01-2007, 21:00
Excellent, excellent army. Lots of pace with the daemonettes, knights and horsemen and plenty of hard hitting with the knights and chariots. I really can't see many improvements needed here except perhaps to make one or two of the marauders down to 25 and filling the rest with hounds for screening.

Nargrakhan
07-01-2007, 01:19
Thanks for the feedback!

I've made slight alterations:

Fantastic! Fantastic! As a hardcore Slaanesh player, I totally love this army.

It's strong, can suit multiple situations, and conforms to fluff. (The #6! Yea!)

The Dark Prince smiles upon you, Brother Cultist. The Dark Prince certainly smiles. :)

I'm going to disagree with lowering the Marauder's numbers, not only because I'm a fluff nut, but because the extra rank bonus and unit strength will make it - within reason - safe from potential psychology. Cush'in for the push'in is good. :p

MarcoPollo
07-01-2007, 06:04
Try this for a general.

Chaos Lord, chaos steed, MoS, bindings of slannesh, rending sword.

You can hide him in units like marauder horsemen that can easily manouver out of charge arcs, and charge into units alone. You can easily rack up 6Cr by picking on champions and mages, while still being able to take out even the hardest of generals. Very money.

Otherwise, your list looks good and doesn't need to change anything except some dogs (to provide screens as mentioned earlier) and lower the marauders to 25. This hero set-up is for future reference.