PDA

View Full Version : Predominantly demonic 2000 point armies

Nargrakhan
07-01-2007, 01:32
I'm curious to see if anyone else here plays a predominantly demonic 2000 point army, and what its composition looks like. I've listed mine here for comparative purposes - it's a theme army though, so don't expect it to be an elite killing machine. :p

Basically this is less a post for criticism and improvement (although I'm always open to such things), but rather something to see how others field their own forces. Also, from a few readings here and there, I'm seeing that the "Daemonic Legion" option from Storm of Chaos is being phased out of official sessions. Thus there's further curiosity I have of seeing how people handle Daemons with Mortals/Beasts as auxiliary.

Err... am I making any sense?

2000 of 2000 points - 60 models - 10 power dice - 6 dispel dice

1 Daemon Prince of Slaanesh (585 points)
- Level 4 Sorcerer
- Blade of the Ether, Soul Hunger, Soporific Musk

1 Sorceress of Slaanesh (205 points)
- Level 2 Sorcerer
- Dispel Scroll
- Steed of Slaanesh

1 Sorceress of Slaanesh (205 points)
- Level 2 Sorcerer
- Dispel Scroll
- Steed of Slaanesh

11 Daemonettes (165 points)
+ accompanied by Daemon Prince

18 Daemonettes (270 points)

18 Daemonettes (270 points)

5 Mounted Daemonettes (150 points)
+ accompanied by Sorceress of Slaanesh

5 Mounted Daemonettes (150 points)
+ accompanied by Sorceress of Slaanesh

DeathlessDraich
07-01-2007, 11:12
The magic phase should be fun.

However it doesn't strike as much fear as Daemonic legions
With so many magical attacks these days, daemon units look vulnerable.

Nargrakhan
07-01-2007, 16:40
Hmmm... no army list replies... which must mean I'm in a very elite minority... or no one wants to share their secrets with me. :p :cries:

The magic phase should be fun.

Yea. That it is my friend. That it is. Being able to shutdown almost any magic attack during at least the first phase, and unleashing magic hell in retaliation, is quite a power rush. :D

However it doesn't strike as much fear as Daemonic legions
With so many magical attacks these days, daemon units look vulnerable.

Tell me about it. Instability is major suckage on a scale I can't begin to describe in words. Thank Slaanesh for a spell that can counter it... more reason why the Dark Prince is supreme! But the +5 Ward to non-magic hurts just as much... While I could easily convert my army into a pure daemonic force without even blinking, I've heard Storm of Chaos armies are not (or not going to be) legal.

On a sidenote: As a Daemonette fan, I'm totally envious of the Wood Elf Dyrads. More punch for less cost... I feel shafted. ;)