PDA

View Full Version : How are the Wood Elven houses?

Earendin
07-01-2007, 09:11
I am confused. I believe that the Wood Elves of Athen Loren build their houses on the trees but I am not sure. Do they build their houses on the trees or on the ground?:confused:

Paulus
07-01-2007, 11:02
I think in the trees, at least it was in older editions, not sure with the latest revision though.

Reabe
07-01-2007, 12:41
Who says they build houses? Perhaps, to be true with nature and the trees and all that hippy stuff, they sleep and live out in the open?

Athelassan
07-01-2007, 14:50
From what I remember, the spellsingers "persuade" the trees to grow in ways that provides places for them to live, with walkways between the trees, and so on. They're not obvious, though, so it's possible for a human to walk right through the middle of a wood elven city and not notice anything.

Ath

Orcboy_Phil
07-01-2007, 15:34
That reminds me of how Elves are potrayed in The Complete book of elves by Mongoose publishing. I was thinking something along the lines of a more naturlaised ewoks village with shiney lights and such.

Earendin
07-01-2007, 15:55
So they live in tree houses?

Paulus
07-01-2007, 16:11
That reminds me of how Elves are potrayed in The Complete book of elves by Mongoose publishing. I was thinking something along the lines of a more naturlaised ewoks village with shiney lights and such.

I think that is along the lines of how they live but you would need someone with a better knowledge of Wood Elves to confirm that.

DarkLord Of Naggaroth
07-01-2007, 17:07
I'm not sure about fantasy wood elves but for LOTR they do. I made 4 trees with platforms on to shoot from in battle. Then I made lots of different size ladders out of string and bolsa wood to connect them. Then you could make up some scenario rules about skirmishers and how to opperate them.
Anyway, in my view, all wood elves live in the trees.
It would be quite difficult to construct a house in the trees but if kept simple them it would look great.
DarkLord

Neknoh
07-01-2007, 17:10
They don't construct the houses, the trees grow into sheltered hollows with leaf and branch roofs

lokigod
08-01-2007, 05:23
just as neknoh said. the new army book say the spell singers make the trees grow in various ways.

Varath- Lord Impaler
08-01-2007, 05:46
"And kids, i can make a dog, a girrafe! here you are little girl!"
*hands branch to elf child*

Highborn
08-01-2007, 05:58
It's in the army book.

I don't have it on me, but the spellsingers make the trees grow to create passages to their homes, which I believe are partially subterranean. The elves don't have homes in the trees, and haven't for quite a while.

Bregalad
08-01-2007, 16:11
All buildings are formed from branches, roots and trunks by treesingers. According to the army book, most greater buildings are in the root area and mostly subterranean (roots forming the roof). In the novel "Guardians of the Forest" by army book co-author Graham McNeill, most dwellings described are on the surface and barely visible to the untrained eye. IIRC the king's hall is above surface, but some guardian posts certainly are. Read the novel, if you want to get a good description of a Wood Elven realm.