PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts Ogre Kingdoms, on a bet.

Goq Gar
07-01-2007, 10:41
My friend has made a bet with me that I can't make a Ogre Kindgoms list, which has a good chance in a tournament. He also bets that I cant come at least third in the tournament, out of 8 players. 2500 points.

Thats where you guys come in! :D

Heres what I was thinking:

Hero: Bruiser - 195 pts.
---
Bruiser - 130
Great Weapon - 8
Ironfist - 10
Additional Handweapon - 8
Lucky Gnoblar - 5
Heavy armour - 4
Magic Armour: Bull Gut - 30

Core: 8 Bulls - 389
---
8 Bulls - 280
Light armour (8) - 24
Hand weapons and Ironfists (8) - 40
Gutlord - 20
Standard Bearer - 20
Lookout Gnoblar - 5

Core: 8 Bulls - 389
---
8 bulls - 280
Light armour (8) - 24
Hand weapons and Ironfists (8) - 40
Gutlord - 20
Standard Bearer - 20
Lookout Gnoblar - 5

Core: 8 Ironguts - 449
---
8 Ironguts - 384
Gutlord - 20
Standard Bearer - 20
Lookout Gnoblar - 5
Magic Standards: Bull Standard - 20

Core: 46 Gnoblar Fighters - 92
---
46 Gnoblar Fighters - 92

Core: 46 Gnoblar Fighters - 92
---
46 Gnoblar Fighters - 92

Special: 5 Leadbelchers - 285
---
5 leadbelchers - 275
Thunderfist - 10

Special: 5 Leadbelchers - 285
---
5 leadbelchers - 275
Thunderfist - 10

Rare: Gorger - 75
---
Gorger - 75

Rare: Gorger - 75
---
Gorger - 75

Rare: Slave Giant - 175
---
Slave giant - 175

TOTAL: 2501

kyussinchains
07-01-2007, 15:41
for a competetive list, you NEED butchers, at least 2, preferably 3.

A tyrant is always worth taking, you wont get many people agreeing with me here, but Heavy armour, thundermace, mawseeker and jade lion is a good combo of equipment.

units of 8 ogres are pointless, you wont get a rank bonus, and they're very expensive.

Split them into units of 4, keep them naked, and drop the standards.

Ironguts are your friend, take more than 8, 3 units of 4 are good. They work well as a bodyguard for your tyrant and butchers.

I'd give a couple of the butchers the siegebreaker and tenderiser, they can really dish it out that way.

Leadbelchers are too expensive, drop them to units of 3, MAX, slavegiants arent that great either, drop it.

units of 46 gnoblars are pointless too, units of 20 are fine, take 4 units of 20.

The ogres are quite tricky to play, after losing many more games than I've won, I've finally started winning a few using those pointers I outlined.

good luck!

Ganymede
07-01-2007, 16:28
All of your units are way too big. Split all of your ogre and gnoblar units in half. That way you have double the units on the table, and each will still have most of the hitting power of the original.

Additionally, you have three rare choices. That's one too many. Both the gorgers and the slave giants are great choices. The gorgers are great against relatively static forces like dwarfs and such, while the giant is awesome against combat forces like bretonnia.

Prince Sairion
07-01-2007, 20:06
Take a tyrant and three butchers. You need LD9, and you need to have atleast a couple of dispel scrolls, 1 per butcher in this case.

Multiple small units is the way to go with OK. The biggest a unit should get (with characters inc) is 4.

Take bulls in 3's with bellowers as first wave. Ironguts in 3's with std and bellower to make flank charges and stand a chance in combat.

Yhetees and gorgers are a must for the tactical options, flank/rear charges and in the case of the gorger for holding an enemy unit in place for a while.

Always flee when you don't like your chances and never believe that 3 ogres can face off 1on1 with 25 infantry.

Takes a lot to win with Ogres, but if you start to mop up theres no better army ;-)