PDA

View Full Version : Big Bane blade dialema

shadowsun68
07-01-2007, 15:25
Hi all i was just wondering which baneblade is it best to buy the mars pattern or maximillian weissman baneblade??????
and if say i bought the max one if i dnt glue those extra components on could i use it as a normal baneblade if i wanted to??

thanks for any advice

harlequin21
07-01-2007, 15:31
If you want all the shiny extras on the maximillian baneblade go for it, id recommend getting that one as you get the weissmen tank commander and some extras and you dont even have to use them, so you can still use it as a normal baneblade.

Destris
07-01-2007, 15:47
Go for the Lucius (Weissman) Pattern everytime. It has a lot more detail than the other, 2 figs of Maxmillian, and a ton of extra bundles and stowage. All for only £10 more. IMO, if you're going to splash out that much on a model, you may as well go the whole hog :).
Steve

Grand Master Raziel
07-01-2007, 15:50
I don't know if this will alter your plans, and the information does come from a redshirt (which doesn't speak highly of its reliability), but a worker at the GW store I went to yesterday says the plastic Baneblade kit is definately coming out this summer. Might be worth your while to wait.

cookiescrumble
07-01-2007, 15:54
I don't know if this will alter your plans, and the information does come from a redshirt (which doesn't speak highly of its reliability), but a worker at the GW store I went to yesterday says the plastic Baneblade kit is definately coming out this summer. Might be worth your while to wait.

This has come up so many times, it is unlikely that there will be a plastic baneblade.

Go for the 150, can't remember it's name. But for the extra 10 you get so much more and the baneblade itself looks cooler.

shadowsun68
07-01-2007, 16:39
thanks guys i think i will save da cash up and buy the maximillian baneblade for the extra detail. Even if gw make a plastic one the fw one will be way cooler i bet.

yankeeboy
07-01-2007, 16:41
Cookiescrumble, that is incorrect. There will be a plastic baneblade. It will be released during the second half (most likely 4th quarter) of 2007. I have a friend that is high up in the GW company in England. He has seen the baneblade and has confirmed it's release date.

That said, if you feel compelled to purchase the current resin baneblades, I have to agree with the majority here. Get the commander version. All of the extra nubbins are worth it.

KnightofUltramar
07-01-2007, 16:44
This has come up so many times, it is unlikely that there will be a plastic baneblade.

Maybe so, but I heard the same thing from a local manager, who heard it from his boss. Most rumours he told me were quite accurate, so I believe him. The manager said that the baneblane would be released 4th quarter this year (end), alongside a new system for megabattles (Apocalypse).

As everybody else, I'd also go for the weissman version.

Roderick

UnRiggable
07-01-2007, 17:27
wow this is going to suck all of a sudden the baneblade will become universal!

Mr Zephy
07-01-2007, 17:30
Then it's even more important for your shiny FW baneblade to be a pretty commander version.

Mojaco
07-01-2007, 17:33
Heard the same thing (same source as KuO too). He never comes on this site and rarely comes with any rumours anyway, so I rate his rumours as more believeable then normally.

Goq Gar
07-01-2007, 17:47
Commander version. Nubbins and such are awesome to have!

Also: If the baneblade became plastic, and suddenly everyone had one, It would just mean alot more Anti-tank in peoples lists.

lord_blackfang
07-01-2007, 18:01
I'm quite sure there will be a plastic BB. And looking at the Piranha and Skyray, I don't think much detail will be lost in the conversion to plastic.

Let's not forget that plastic is also superior to resin in every single way, so I'd really just hold on to my money and get the plastic later this year for half the price.

Catferret
07-01-2007, 18:58
The Plastic Baneblade story jumps back and fore constantly. GW staff keep getting told conflicting stories at Head Office. The current story is IF it comes out, it would be a xmas release.

Like all the sensible people on this forum say, wait until GW say something concrete and publish a release schedule on it. If you want a Baneblade get the FW one. It DEFINITELY exists. Not some speculated Holy Grail of plastic.

yankeeboy
07-01-2007, 19:28
Again, I'm not going to give up my source. But he is high up in the GW HQ structure. He's also pals with the designers, sculptors and Forge World folks, as well. He has seen the model and confirmed the general release date.

It's real, it's coming, and it will totally rock when it arrives.

Slaaneshi Slave
07-01-2007, 19:56
Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying you don't have a friend who is "high up in the GW HQ structure. He's also pals with the designers, sculptors and Forge World folks..." but I have heard that so many times it gets a little hard to believe eventually.

cookiescrumble
07-01-2007, 20:07
Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying you don't have a friend who is "high up in the GW HQ structure. He's also pals with the designers, sculptors and Forge World folks..." but I have heard that so many times it gets a little hard to believe eventually.

Same here.

I REALLY REALLY hope they don't make a plastic Baneblade, that means that every Guard player will have one and everyone will start a Guard army to have one. It would become so boring playing them all the time.

Slaaneshi Slave
07-01-2007, 20:09
I really hope they don't too, because my Witch Hunters can take Imperial Guard allies, which means I would have to buy one. :p I have so far resisted the urge to buy something I would never field that costs £150, but if it cost £50? Probably not...

lord_blackfang
07-01-2007, 20:19
I REALLY REALLY hope they don't make a plastic Baneblade, that means that every Guard player will have one and everyone will start a Guard army to have one. It would become so boring playing them all the time.

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. It's like saying you don't want the Ork codex to be redone because then everybody will play Orks and they'll get boring :rolleyes:

cookiescrumble
07-01-2007, 20:28
That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. It's like saying you don't want the Ork codex to be redone because then everybody will play Orks and they'll get boring :rolleyes:

Well i think the Ork codex is a bit different to a plastic Baneblade. Another thing to think about, why would GW release a model that only FW have rules for, unless there is now rumours of a new guard book ?:confused: or are going to market a £45 book to use your new model . I would love to see an Ork book, maybe then i will get my Orks done, and they need it.

I just don't want to be playing Baneblades all the time, and i'm sure others agree. Playing the same unit all the time will become very boring, at least with armies there is variations in the lists. I could play two armies, being the same race, but are completely different in terms of composition so feel like two different armies.

Well thats my opinion anyway, you may agree or disagree, but then thats your opinion.

Slaaneshi Slave
07-01-2007, 20:33
There is a bit of a difference between everybody having an Ork army, and everybody having adding super heavy tanks to their armies...

lord_blackfang
07-01-2007, 20:35
I think that's just doomsaying. I've been guilty of it in the past, but I've learned that in the end things never turn out nearly as grim as one would think.

So I'm quite confident that plastic Baneblades won't ruin the game :)

Wraithbored
07-01-2007, 20:36
Same here.

Yes heaven forbid we should face guard with baneblades more than marines with asscannons. :rolleyes:

Seriously it's a HUGE tank, and since it's huge and slow it's a point sink. One round of shots from a squadron of my warwalkers should make short work of it.

What's really scary about guard is hordes and hordes of guardsmen with heavy weaponry. Add drop troop doctrines and I'm shaking in my aspect armour.

lee
07-01-2007, 20:40
well i wont buy a plastic baneblade. i have no need for one as i have three of the forgeworld baneblades:D . if gw made a plastic shadowsword well thats a bit diffrent

Slaaneshi Slave
07-01-2007, 20:51
I know they won't ruin the game, I was simply clarifying for you. ;)

t-tauri
07-01-2007, 21:49
well i wont buy a plastic baneblade. i have no need for one as i have three of the forgeworld baneblades:D . if gw made a plastic shadowsword well thats a bit diffrentIf the plastic baneblade comes out, which is looking very likely, then Forgeworld will put out conversion kits to turn the plastic BB into all the variants on the hull. Shadowsword, Stormblade plus others I'd think. The sales lost by the resin BB will be made up in the sales of conversion kits. I just hope the plastic BB is a different mark to the two resin versions.

THE CHIEF
07-01-2007, 22:08
If the plastic baneblade comes out, which is looking very likely, then Forgeworld will put out conversion kits to turn the plastic BB into all the variants on the hull. Shadowsword, Stormblade plus others I'd think. The sales lost by the resin BB will be made up in the sales of conversion kits. I just hope the plastic BB is a different mark to the two resin versions.

too true, forgeworld will clean up on the whole raft of new cool upgrades. they seem to be moving ever more into the smaller kit type things these days (which is all good IMO.) and if this is in conjunction with a new expansion- the next one after cities of death, there is likely to be a shedload more cool stuff coming along too. they put out a whole load of stuff for COD, so its likely they will do likewise again! :)

Reflex
07-01-2007, 22:08
Go for the Lucius (Weissman) Pattern everytime. It has a lot more detail than the other, 2 figs of Maxmillian, and a ton of extra bundles and stowage. All for only 10 more. IMO, if you're going to splash out that much on a model, you may as well go the whole hog :).
Steve

agreed on that one. ;)

yankeeboy
07-01-2007, 22:19
well, it's certainly your prerogative to believe what you wish. That said, however, it does not change the inherent reality of the statement made, nor the valid source of the information. The "rumor" is true.

Regardless of the naysaying, we'll be seeing (and I suppose, buying) plastic baneblades in the future. ;)

On a side note, I'm always slightly bemused at the incredulous attitude on Warseer re: sources "inside". Seriously, it is not hard to meet these folks and make friends with them. As tight lipped as GW (the corporation) claims to be, they (the upper staff) always seem ready to share info to genuinely enthusiastic gamers and hobbyists.

Misanthrope
07-01-2007, 22:51
Will the Baneblade conform to the AV14 max? If so, that sucks, and I don't want to see one come out.

Permanganate
07-01-2007, 23:06
Will the Baneblade conform to the AV14 max? If so, that sucks, and I don't want to see one come out.

Under its current FW rules, it does, but as a super heavy tank, it has multiple structure points (it can take several times the damage of a normal tank). Remember, a larger tank also gives you a larger area to armor. According to the fluff in IA1, the armor's not much thicker than a Leman Russ.

Slaaneshi Slave
07-01-2007, 23:16
AV 14 with 3 structure points, I believe. So you gotta kill it three times...

Catferret
07-01-2007, 23:29
My understanding of the whole situation is that there will be a 40K supplement dealing with "Big Games". Multiple Detachments and Super Heavies, etc for all. The rumours were there would be some sort of large fancy thing for most of the races. Baneblade for Guard, Stompa for Orks, etc.

I can't substantiate this at all and won't pretend to. However, I think it would be pretty cool. I reckon it would be an attempt to move everybody away from the "Tournament Army" that people seem to aim for thease days. Notice how Battle Reports in White Dwarf are getting larger?

As far as everybody using a Baneblade goes, I think it would be more likely that people would buy it just because it looked cool rather than actually using it in a game.

Misanthrope
07-01-2007, 23:56
Yeah I've noticed a trend towards larger games. It's also helped by the rules; I remember back in the early 90s when a 1000pt game would last you 4-5 hours. Nowadays you can have a 3000pt game in that same amount of time.

I've always liked the prospect of massive games, ever since that one time in some WD article way back when they showcased the ENTIRE Ultramarines Chapter, all 1000 of them, on this gigantic table, with about 5000 Orks (literal model count, not points) on the other side of the table.

Mr_Smiley
08-01-2007, 00:16
AV 14 with 3 structure points, I believe. So you gotta kill it three times...

Not only that, but the crew have the ability to repair structure points, so you may end up killing it many times over and it won't die.

UnRiggable
08-01-2007, 00:35
Plus since it'll become GW there won't be an excuse not to play it...

Misanthrope
08-01-2007, 01:24
Well, I hope it's like 500pts. How many points is it in IA? Wait, let me rephrase that. Around how many points is it in IA? Nothing exact. "Above 200", "Above 500" etc.

Vaktathi
08-01-2007, 01:34
Not only that, but the crew have the ability to repair structure points, so you may end up killing it many times over and it won't die.

You also can however, one shot it, as whenever it loses a structure point you then have to make enother roll on the damage table.

as for the BB points cost, I think it was ~640.

Mr_Smiley
08-01-2007, 01:59
The only way they can put the BaneBlade, as it is in Imperial Armour, it to release some sort of supplement book that adds in Super Heavy Vehicles and rules for larger point games.
IF they were to add it in as a gunboat with just AV14 it would be destroyed in seconds, and if they increased its armour, rules like Gauss weapons would rain havoc upon it in seconds.
So if they do release a plastic baneblade, it would be the start of a whole new rule set.

Bookwrak
08-01-2007, 02:09
Plus since it'll become GW there won't be an excuse not to play it...

Except for the fact that as a super-heavy, it'd still require a 2nd Force Org to use, and then your opponent gets to add an additional 650 or so points to his army too. It's pretty easy to deny if you say, 'look, I just want to play with what I've got right now. How about next week when I'll have time to plan the extra out?"

On a side note, I'm always slightly bemused at the incredulous attitude on Warseer re: sources "inside". Seriously, it is not hard to meet these folks and make friends with them. As tight lipped as GW (the corporation) claims to be, they (the upper staff) always seem ready to share info to genuinely enthusiastic gamers and hobbyists.

You seem to have forgotten, but we're all on the internet right now. You can make any sort of outlandish claim you want, but until you provide proof to back it up, very few people are going to believe you. Especially on this particular topic, where so many people claim to have 'extra-special-super accurate-insider-knowledge-REALLY!' unless you can provide pictures of you and Pete Haines talking Iron Warriors with dice in your hands, you're no different than all the rest with their 'inside sources.'

Marshal2Crusaders
08-01-2007, 03:37
how is every race gonna get a super heavy...come on...

IG: baneblade
CSM: Daemon engine
Orks: stompa

what does everone else get

can my templars take a thunderhawk

Mr_Smiley
08-01-2007, 03:46
I don't think anyone meant that every race would get Super Heavy Vehicles, but new rules would come about to add them into the game, and also new rules to help stop them and play larger scale battles.

IncrediSteve
08-01-2007, 05:05
Another point, if Apocalypse or whichever comes out, a plastic Bane Blade is released, and hordes of people flock to guard, it would be awesome. Because to field the thing they'd have to have ~2500pts of other guard stuff. And not every game on the planet is going to become 3000pt megabattles, so you'd see an influx of regular guard opponents. I think that would be one of the best things that could ever happen to 40k. Couple that with the Ork Codex bringing in the green tide, and maybe we could get battles not involving MEQs increased to something like 1/3rd of the games we play! How awesome would that be?

Bookwrak
08-01-2007, 05:06
Why would you need new rules, when the current ones perfectly suffice? There are hefty requirements to field a super-heavy, which is as it should be. Models of that type really are too powerful to field in a single force org army.

cookiescrumble
08-01-2007, 10:02
3 Structure points does not mean you have to destroy it 3 times, it means you have to cause 3 points of damage.

Spinegaunt01
08-01-2007, 10:45
Why would you need new rules, when the current ones perfectly suffice? There are hefty requirements to field a super-heavy, which is as it should be. Models of that type really are too powerful to field in a single force org army.

Indeed though something I have heard floating around is that for this 'add-on' to 40k so-to-speak will be removing certain limitation and restrictions from the FOC to allow the use of such things in smaller games :eyebrows:

Don't hold me on that though....

Isambard
08-01-2007, 13:26
The Super Heavy Rules are a bit sucky from what I have seen of them (including using them a few times). 40k is not designed to have any vehicle larger than a land raider, any weapon higher than S10 and any armour higher than 14. A game of 40k's scale does not do super heavies justice :(