PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points woodElves...Dancing in the trees list

bluedwaggin
13-07-2005, 13:11
Hello Everybody,

I have been working on a list after reviewing the Army book yesterday. Here goes one idea Ive been kicking around. Sorry if the names and army is off I donít have the list infront of me just going of the top of my head

Behold ..dancing in the trees
The Dancing in the trees

Glamerweave Spell weaver
Lvl 4 wizzard
Scroll,and Wand, and some magic arrow I cant think of the name

Branch Wraith
Lvl 1
One sprite,Bound spell.

Branch Wraith
Lvl 1
One sprite bound spell

Branch Wraith
Lvl1

16 dryads
16 dryads
16 Dryads

8 Wardancers(maybe more
5 wyld Hunt
I think 4 tree ogers
Treeman.

Ithink thatís the list its about 2000. This is brief summary ill post a more complete list later tonight. So with this summary tell me watcha think

bluedwaggin
13-07-2005, 14:47
Any comments other than crappy grammer.sorry about being hard to read. Just general. Im looking for forest spirit armys with min about of elves.

The trees will speak for them selves for now on.

Karlon
13-07-2005, 23:06
Its hard for people to comment when the book isnt out to mere mortals yet. What i will say is that your Lord mage needs a mount if shes going Glamourweave. A Unicorn of a Elven Steed.

Split your Dryad units. If 6 dryads get into combat, youre hitting just as hard as if 16 do. The only plus side is outnumbering purposes, but you could always run 2 units of 8 together, then only one can be destroyed if they flee.

Also, a quick tot up puts you about 100 points OVER 2k, without any magic items on your characters. So with magic items youre looking at 2200-2250.

bluedwaggin
15-07-2005, 12:45
True...I relize now that I didnt have the treekin in the army list so remove them and I think that I should be ok at 2k.

bluedwaggin
15-07-2005, 12:50
this list is 9pd 8dispell...I think It might be calulated wrong but thats what Army builder...
Im thinking of leaving one or two units at 16 and breaking up at the least 2 in to units of 8 for flanking and moblilty purposes while leaving the others as solid chargers to grab outnumber...no banners and skermishing hurts dryads. I might add eternalguard to take chargers....Are forest spirits immune to panic? er unbreakable?

g0ddy
15-07-2005, 16:41
Immune to Psychology, they have the same rules as being "daemonic" just a different name.

- g0ddy

bluedwaggin
15-07-2005, 16:45
Is a unit that is immune to psychology immune to breaking in combat or do they still need to make break tests....sorry brain no work...But I would like some feed back from the list above?

g0ddy
15-07-2005, 17:53
Okay, Forest Spirts have essentially the same rules as being a deamon - immune to psych, magical attacks and a special ward save.

In addition, though this is not part of the specific Forest Spirit rule - they all cause fear or terror in some way.

As for the clarification on what does Immune to Psych mean?
1. The model is immune to Psychology tests (fear, terror, stupidity and frenzy - not always, panic etc.) this does not include break tests.
2. the model cannot flee as a charge reaction
3. the model will not autobreak when losing combat from a fear/terror causing unit with superior numbers.

- g0ddy

bluedwaggin
18-07-2005, 14:04
Thats right...thats right...Thanks. What about the list yea/nay? what does everyone think?

Lord Anathir
18-07-2005, 18:57
consider putting the moonstone of hidden ways on the archmage. teleportation between forests could be helpful getting away from mage hunters, and it could also teleport you to an area where ur spells are more helpful, as alot of athel loren spells have only 18inch range.

g0ddy
18-07-2005, 18:59
8 power dice and 6 dispell by my count, notice hes not using a cluster of radiants on eithe rone of his branchwraiths so they are just lvl 1 casters - a lvl 4 : 2 dice, +2x lvl1 = 2 more + 2 base = 6 dispell dice. Aswell as 6 powerlevels of magic + 2 base for 8 power dice.

You should also think about taking spellsingers isntead of a branchwraith or 2, they become forest spirits with the glamourweave kindred - a little more casting power and the same dispellling ability.

- g0ddy

Lord Anathir
18-07-2005, 18:59
but other then that, it looks good, im not a big fan of using treespirits, but its completely personal.
As for your question, I say yea, but i suggest you split ur dryads into maybe 4 even units of 12?

fubukii
18-07-2005, 23:29
rank and file troopswill give you trouble as dryads do not get rank bonuses or standards.

you will be goin against +5 cr to start.

samw
19-07-2005, 00:48
Unless he hits them in the flank with his treeman! :p

g0ddy
19-07-2005, 04:24
well.... 2 units of 8 dryads 1 on flank one on the front should have no problem breaking most standard rank and file infantry units.

20 ws4 s4 attacks.... US 16 causing Fear.... you just need to win by 1 :)

- g0ddy