07-01-2007, 17:42
Hey I was thinking about the Skull Wand and I came up with this:

Savage ork Great Shaman (level 3)
Skull wand
Amulet of Protectyness
Biged's kickin boots
Collar of Zorga
Boar

That would give him 3 attacks with the wand, his opponents saves and mounts would need 6+ to hit. A ton of points 309 but might kill some of those ridiculous lords out there.

I was thinking about running a cheep variation of this:

Savage ork Shaman (level 1)
Skull Wand
Collar of Zorga
Boar

thats 131 points and might and it might be a nasty surprise for some peeps, even though it would be a bit desperate to charge some uber character.

Anyway, anybody think that's an interesting idea or just the worst one ever!

Oh and in case u don't know the skull wand makes the target make an unmodified LD test for each hit or they DIE! No save, no wards, no regen! Just DEAD!

Neknoh
07-01-2007, 17:51
Most killer-lords out there will laugh it off with having WS8 or above, being hit on a 4/5+ and then having to take a test on LD9 or 10

Revlid
07-01-2007, 20:48
Savage ork Great Shaman (level 3)
Skull wand
Amulet of Protectyness
Biged's kickin boots
Collar of Zorga
Boar

If you're going to have a mounted Savage character, stick them on a Chariot. +1 Attack to the Boars and Crew, and frees up a Special Slot if you were going to buy a Chariot anyway.

Mephistofeles
07-01-2007, 21:03
Wait, are you saying that if an enemy character hits you, then they have to pass a LD test or die?

Rikkjourd
07-01-2007, 21:10
I was having the exact same idea about a lvl 4 savage shaman. I have not tried it yet though. Can be a nasty surprise for some people, especially if the shaman get to strike first =)

Braad
07-01-2007, 22:31
I'dd say, make him level four, take more shamans, go magic heavy, and also give one character the horn that gives your leadership +1 and the enemies leadership -1...

And at the very end of the magic phase that comes after your hero charged his nasty big boss, when al his dice and scrolls are spend, then reveal the horn...

Gives you best changes, and though it is not a very reliable strategy, it could be interesting to try.

When you're at it by the way, after sounding the horn, also give a nice blow on the squigpipes that make cavalry run. You never know what good may come...

Zonq
07-01-2007, 22:51
Sorry to disapoint you Braad, but the skull wand specifies that you make the Ld test on your own and unmodified LD...so the horn would be of no use.

Zonq

Falkman
07-01-2007, 23:12
When you're at it by the way, after sounding the horn, also give a nice blow on the squigpipes that make cavalry run. You never know what good may come...
Oh yes, that is so brutally effective :evilgrin:
Used it in a tournament, scared of a lance of realm knights and 4 pegasus knights in one game, and two empire knight units in another :D

stashman
08-01-2007, 01:03
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63202

much cheaper variant of a hero killer

Braad
08-01-2007, 11:13
Sorry to disapoint you Braad, but the skull wand specifies that you make the Ld test on your own and unmodified LD...so the horn would be of no use.

Ow, well, it was just a sudden idea I had. Don't have the book over here (study adress, can't be distracted too much :)).

But using the horn in combination with the squig pipes, is possible, isn't it?

Falkman
08-01-2007, 11:53
But using the horn in combination with the squig pipes, is possible, isn't it?
Yes, that works fine.