PDA

View Full Version : Cain Diorama

Brother Pepe
13-07-2005, 15:08
I know Black Libary is planing on doing a diorama for Commissar Cain but does any one know anything about it? Does any one have a release date or pictures?

t-tauri
13-07-2005, 16:43
I know Black Libary is planing on doing a diorama for Commissar Cain but does any one know anything about it? Does any one have a release date or pictures?

It's out. Here it is. (http://store.blpublishing.com/storefront/store.bl?do=Odd&odd=BLLayout&_do=List_Models&code=300477&game=&c=300477) . Better than some of the recent stuff.

Inquis. Jaeger
13-07-2005, 17:08
Okay. Anyone got a better picture?

philbrad2
13-07-2005, 17:20
Pretty good looking model for the usual BL abominations.

I whince everytime I see that Ragnar diorama. That 1K Sons looks funky by Ragnar is sooooooo wrong *whince*

:chrome:

Inquisitor Samos
13-07-2005, 17:32
Black Library seems to be really stingy on the pics for their dioramas...... it's likely that there aren't any other images that are available.

Personally, if I was looking at buying a limited-edition diorama online, I'd sure like to see closer views, and several angles! But the concept hasn't occurred to BL, apparently.

t-tauri
13-07-2005, 18:21
Personally, if I was looking at buying a limited-edition diorama online, I'd sure like to see closer views, and several angles! But the concept hasn't occurred to BL, apparently.
Most of the Black Library stuff wouldn't sell if you had a close up. Eisenhorn is of Chaplian Lemartes quality. Once they've commissioned the figure it seems no-one at BL has the bottle to tell the sculptor, "That's terrible, re-do it".

Jericho
14-07-2005, 01:44
Didn't he have a laspistol tho? I didn't read the third book, but I'm pretty sure Cain has a laspistol, nolt bolt pistol.

Darkness
14-07-2005, 01:49
Indeed, this Cain Diorama is definitely above the usual Black Library standards, though to be honest, that's not too hard to achieve... Won't be getting one myself, however, at least not until I see some pictures which prove to me that it isn't to the usual awful standard.

Xhalax
14-07-2005, 01:52
Yes..in the books he carries and uses a las pistol....nothing else coz he's used to the weight of it.

But in all the artwork...and now the diorama, they have him with a bolt pistol.

But from a distance, he looks good. Would need to see it up close to really judge. But initial inspection is good. For which I'm eternally glad (so far).

Strikerkc
14-07-2005, 01:52
Didn't he have a laspistol tho? I didn't read the third book, but I'm pretty sure Cain has a laspistol, nolt bolt pistol.

He does have a las-pistol. Though he's shown with a bolt pistol on all the coevers if I recall.

inquisitorautry
14-07-2005, 01:58
A bolt pistol looks better in propaganda pictures, so that's what he's always shown with.

the archzealot
14-07-2005, 02:01
to bad Jurgans not there.

Strikerkc
14-07-2005, 02:03
to bad Jurgans not there.

He should get his own. He can be standing unnoticed amongst a bunch of geen stealers ;).

TheOneWithNoName
14-07-2005, 02:06
Anyone else having troubles with the link?

neXus6
14-07-2005, 02:07
Exactly, all of the book covers are ment to be "propaganda poster" artwork. As is this diorama. I know all about the numerous shoddy BL models but this one does really seem to be a very good one.

A little extra surprise about the model:
The model actually has a little set of steps sculpted on the other side of the pile, proving that it is just a "Cain the Hero" propaganda shot after all.

:D I'm pretty tempted to get one.

the archzealot
14-07-2005, 02:11
He should get his own. He can be standing unnoticed amongst a bunch of geen stealers ;).

he should be standing next to cain, with a canteen of fresh tanna in one hand and his melta slung over his shoulder.

Xhalax
14-07-2005, 02:25
Or at least have his head poking over the top of corspes with a mug in his hand.

boogle
14-07-2005, 17:06
it looks like Aly Morrison didn't get his hands near it, as this one actually looks good