PDA

View Full Version : First attempt

Red_Lep
08-01-2007, 02:28
I had originally planned on High Elves but a friend convinced me to start with Lizardmen to learn how to play, hows this?

Heroes- 178

2x Scar-Vet.- 89 (go in Saurus)
~Light Armor
~Shield
.................................................. ..............................
Core- 192

Saurus(10)- 132
~Standard Bearer

Skinks(10)- 60
.................................................. ..............................
Rare- 130

Salamander(2)- 130
Total- 500

Red_Lep
08-01-2007, 03:59
Thought this would do better, ignore above.

Heroes- 89

Scar-Vet.- 89
~Light Armor
~Shield
Core- 216

Saurus(11)- 156
~Standard Bearer
~Champion

Skinks(10)- 60
Rare- 195

Salamander(3)- 195
Total- 500

Also, what would halp at 1000? Skink level 2 and maybe some Kroxigors or Terradons?

Red_Lep
08-01-2007, 05:37
Thinking of changing Champion into Musician and giving Scar-Vet. B.S. of Tzunki, any good?

Makarion
08-01-2007, 05:44
At 500 you *might* be ok with your tiny blocks, but at 1,000 you'll certainly need two (or more) solid blocks. I know Saurus are expensive, but it really can't be helped...

How does this sketch sound to you?

Skar Veteran (general). Halberd, Light armour, Shield. 93 pts.
19 Saurus Warriors; Musician and Standard. 246 pts.

15 Saurus Warriors with Spears; Musician and Standard. 228 pts.

10 Skinks. 60 pts.

10 Skinks. 60 pts.

3 Salamanders. 195 pts.

Skink Priest (lvl 1) with 2 Dispel Scrolls

Total: 997 pts.

Although I have never played the Lizardmen, I have played against them several times. I would have loved to add some fear-causing fun, since it's one of your oft-overlooked weapons, but at 1,000 pts there's just not much room.

I decided to put spears on your smaller Saurus block in the hopes it would protect them a little against eager chargers. Hopefully, you can get the jump on them...

All in all your magic phase is theoretical, but you've got pretty decent shooting for such a small army, and although your blocks aren't huge, they are formidable. I know for a fact my Empire troops would need a good charge to do anything about them, since your Saurus Ld 8 plus the Cold Blooded rule make them very hard to break. Add the musician and that becomes neigh impossible, unless they lose complete ranks at a time.

Red_Lep
08-01-2007, 15:01
I didn't give them spears because sure they fight in two ranks with one attack but without spears they fight with two attacks apiece so I figured they'd have same attacks/effect with less points. That would be a good thought but where would I hide the Priest since I'm supposed to keep the Priest out of combat and thats the point of Saurus.

Red_Lep
08-01-2007, 18:17
Hows this for 1000?

Heroes- 258

2x Scar-Vet.- 114
~Blessed Spawning of Tzunki
~Blessed Spawning of Tepok
~Light Armor
~Shield
Core- 492

2x Saurus(14)- 186
~Standard Bearer
~Musician

2x Skinks(10)- 60
Rare- 195

Salamander(3)- 195
Total- 945

55points, any thoughts? Maybe a scouting skinks for warmachines?

Red_Lep
08-01-2007, 18:21
I mean loose Tzunki for points for Skinks.

Jester007
09-01-2007, 06:49
Possibly a spawning to be put on one of your Saraus units. That and add more saraus to the units you have already. Can never go wrong with Saraus. Skinks are pretty nice too. Poison can really get some guys hurting a lot. That plus they move 6 inches! Fast little buggers.

Makarion
09-01-2007, 15:28
I see where you are coming from, but 3*5 for a unit, even if they are saurus means, and even a lucky shot with a bow or somesuch can mean you're down to only a +1 rank bonus. Which means that armies like dwarves, empire, quite a few elves, even skaven for goodness' sake would likely win the eventual combat, because they have the static CR you lack, and the firepower to weaken you up on the way in.

I don't think you can afford to use the skinks purely as a screen at 1,000 points, or that would be a good solution, so the only solution I see is to use only 1 hero with minimal magic and to use 20-man blocks, or maybe enough skinks so that you *can* sacrifice them as screens.

Red_Lep
09-01-2007, 23:19
Thanks, I'll try and post a new army with just one Scar-Vet. Any other ideas?(other than spawnings)

Red_Lep
10-01-2007, 03:11
Started a new thread with the new list(thought three redos was enough without getting possibly confusing/repeatitive)

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1206684#post1206684