10 handgunners-champion=80ps
Detachment-5 handgunners=40ps
Detachment-5 handgunners=40ps

5 outriders=105ps

5 outriders=105ps

Helblaster Volley Gun=110ps

Total=995ps

93 str4 ap shots

possibly 1-6 str4 hits(Maybe no armour saves)

6-30 str5 -3 armour shots

potencial total of shots/magic
129 shots/magic

Makarion
08-01-2007, 10:16
If you really must, I suggest stripping the engineer of his horse (and maybe giving him a hochland long rifle), reduce the wizard to lvl 1, strip the handgunners of champions, and use those points for a second group of outriders or pistoliers. You'll desperately need your marchblockers.

Even so, though.... why make an army that ignores 90% of the game? Might as well flip a coin after comparing army lists and drink a beer, it's much more entertaining.

Negativemoney
08-01-2007, 14:28
Out rider champs should have long rifles. apart from that it looks like an intresting take on empire. I'm not sure how well it will do against Nurgle or Khorne DL at this point level but hey its worth a shot.

lack0fbettername
08-01-2007, 17:12
I think it may get old to play (with or against) after the first game, but could be worth breaking out every now and again.

With the NEB i dont think the hellblaster is near worth its points. But if you wanna run it go ahead.

I would cut the champions out of the hangunner units unless you are giving them a special weapon.

Long rifles on the outriders are much better then Long rifles on the handgunner squads. The outrider champ is BS5 (hurray).

Crazy Harborc
09-01-2007, 01:59
I like it, I've done it.....I was over run in HtH. Just about zero hope of winning any HtHs. Some crosbows would likely get to shoot an extra turn against distant units as they come on in.

Badgertronic
09-01-2007, 10:12
when they charge me i manage to get 10 unmodified shots and 10 modified shots from stand and shoot,so i should be ok.

Makarion
09-01-2007, 15:33
Unless they use screens, of course.

The real disadvantage of the list is that you discourage people to play the game, since there's nothing tactical about it. It's a strategy list, since win or loss are determined with hardly any battlefield interaction, and that's not why people love their miniature games, in general.

Nothing wrong with the list's win chances, but I would personally find it boring. If it works for you and your opponent, go for it.

damiengore
09-01-2007, 22:08
Unless u have some nice hills you are going to be brutally open to being flanked. That's a lot of models to line up and half your army could be out of range. Turtle up in a corner and your opponent could just claim quarters. I think it looks interesting but yah it would get old fast.

Angelripper
10-01-2007, 14:58
I think its a nice idea, as a starting force
Why you ask?
Because in my 2000 Pts Empire, half of my force looks like this.
I just added a bunch of Swordsman and Greatswords along with a unit of Knights. Works fine with me.

In my Opinion its a list that can be easy boosted into an interesting Army to play with and against.

as sidenote, I would equip the Master Engineer with Light Armour, Repeater Pistol, barded Warhorse and van Horstmans Speculum (Don't know the english name but it is the Statswitchthingy) Charge a Bloodthirster and watch your Opponent break into tears. :D

Von Wibble
10-01-2007, 19:28
Unfortunately engineers can't have magic items now. So vhs is not possible.

Gen.Steiner
10-01-2007, 20:39
Your detachments are wrong. You can have a total detachment size of half the number of your main regiment.

10 Handgunners gives you a single Detachment that's 5 strong, I'm afraid.

Otherwise, you're utterly screwed when the enemy gets into combat. Amusing list tho', give it a go! :D

Negativemoney
10-01-2007, 20:44
Steiner you can have up to two detachments each being no more than 1/2 the size of the parent with a min size of 5. His army is legal.

Gen.Steiner
10-01-2007, 20:58
Aha! So they can! I misread me book. Woops! Carry on. :D

Angelripper
12-01-2007, 18:16
Just got my Hands on the new Empirebook,
Such a Shame that the Masterengineer cannot use Magic Items any more. :cries:

As I already said, I like this kind of list and I would definetly play with and against it.

Jhayden
12-01-2007, 18:53
Ugg, why would anyone want to play an army that completely forfeits perhaps 60% of the game?

Anyway, if you're fighting a heavily armoured cavalry army which can get into combat with you in 2 turns, OR a defensive army like dwarves which can sit at one end of the table and pepper you with cannons and stone throwers you're going to be out of luck.

Crazy Harborc
13-01-2007, 02:03
Ugg, why would anyone want to play an army that completely forfeits perhaps 60% of the game?

Anyway, if you're fighting a heavily armoured cavalry army which can get into combat with you in 2 turns, OR a defensive army like dwarves which can sit at one end of the table and pepper you with cannons and stone throwers you're going to be out of luck.

Crossbows, handgunners and artillery at one side of the battlefield....UMmm Empire CAN do that too;)

Makarion
13-01-2007, 03:51
The classic gunline includes some magic defence, if not magic *offence*. Two lvl 2 mages is very affordable to such an army, and 3 level 2s is not beyond the realm of possibilities. Also gives you another phase in which to do stuff, even if your army style is pretty much the same as before.

Crazy Harborc
14-01-2007, 02:58
That Empire gunline army (I've pushed a few) is not worth a tinker's whatever in HtH. Oh, my opponent's were a little "all shook up" BEFORE they got into HtH.

So far I am only batting about 300 on wins much less draws(NONE of those)!! Conventional Empire armies.

Oh, Oh, oh....Had my first use of the Outriders yesterday. One unit of 8 lost it. The other........:evilgrin: One got shot on the way to a shooting position. AND THEN, slowly they took aim (with their EIGHTEEN dice:evilgrin: ). THEN they fired (I threw the dice)....12 hit, NINE converted. The enemy unit fled. Don't know why three of them had survived.