PDA

View Full Version : House Trenz Gang

Catferret
08-01-2007, 09:26
Well here's the Gang I am in the process of building. They are selected from my own House created using the unknown Warriors article. I have posted the House rules here. http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1201812#post1201812

Leader: Sword, Plasma Pistol, Shotgun w/ Manstopper and Bolt Shells
Heavy: Heavy Stubber and Lasgun
Ganger1: Lasgun
Ganger2: Autogun
Ganger3: Autogun
Ganger4: Shotgun w/ Manstopper Shells
Ganger5: Shotgun w/ Manstopper Shells
Ganger6: Shotgun w/ Manstopper Shells
Juve1: Sword, Autopistol
Juve2: Laspistol
Ratskin
Scummer

I have 40 creds left and don't know what to spend them on. I could change the Leader's Plasma Pistol to free up a few more creds if required. I have a few spare Ganger models with various weapon fits and can build Gangers and juves if necessary so feel free to offer any suggestions. I'm not definite about the Scummer but want to keep the Ratskin.

Anyway, what do you all think?

EVIL INC
08-01-2007, 15:42
Give us some more info on your clan. Remember, its not all just about the numbers and stuff, its also about storyline and history.

Whoops sorry, just now read your other thread.

Autobot HQ
08-01-2007, 15:52
He did, follow the link :P ner nikki ner ner

I like 'em. They seem cool, kinda Delaque in style but more sneak up and stab you in the back than sneak up and shoot you in the back.

Add swords. Swords are cool. And you don't really need the manstoppers to start with, wheras you might get leapt upon and butchered without that ever so useful parry.

Personal taste really though, the beauty of Necromunda

It could work :D

Catferret
08-01-2007, 16:09
Add swords. Swords are cool. And you don't really need the manstoppers to start with, wheras you might get leapt upon and butchered without that ever so useful parry.

Hmm. Swords do look cool and I've just ordered the Catachan Heavy Weapon Crew sprue for miscellaneous bits including Swords.

I intend to post pics of my WIP Gang in the M,P &T when my flatmate buys a new Digicam.:D Until then I can carry on playing with my Green Stuff.

EVIL INC
08-01-2007, 16:11
LOL, I had already seen that and edited my post before you made your post.

An "educated" ganger would definately prefer the "civilized" sword rather then any of the other hand to hand weapons. although, with thier time spent in the "library", I would say that they would have less ferocity skills to not be able to fully capitalize on the effectiveness of hand to hand weapons.
Likewise, they would be more likely to carry las-guns as they are more "advanced" and would only take autos if they couldnt afford a las.
Just my opinions and sorry if part of this belongs in other thread.

Catferret
08-01-2007, 16:15
They have no Ferocity skills. The skill table I put up seems to get skewed on the thread but looks fine when I go to edit it. Damn my lack of computer skills...

No worries about Thread mix ups, it's still valid opinions directed at me so I don't mind. Thanks for comments. The Autoguns are so prevalent due to the tunnel fighting idea. Fluffwise I figured fire on automatic at point blank whereas a Las is more of a precision weapon.

EVIL INC
08-01-2007, 16:23
Ahhh I think I see the autogun idea, the old "if I fire enough bullets I will hit something" idea eh? I can see that and think its a good idea. You can have some with more confidence who prefer precision and others who dont. can make a good mix. Sorry bout not realizing the ferocity thing. I take it only the heavy (maybe leader too) has strength access?

Catferret
08-01-2007, 16:26
Leader and Heavy have Muscle skills. Heavy for obvious reasons and Leader because a) they have spent a long time in the field lugging equipment and b) it wasn't Ferocity!:D

No need to apologise about Ferocity, it's my fault for not being able to fix my stupid layout!

Quin 242
08-01-2007, 17:10
Pick up a second heavy even if only to use a lasgun.. you'll like that he has experience when you have enough creds for a second heavy stub :)

Gives you access to additional skills too...

Catferret
08-01-2007, 19:20
@Quin 242

Nice idea but I'm thinking Autocannon because I've never used one before!:D I reckon easiest way to get the second Heavy is just upgrading one of the current gangers. Still leaves me 30 creds though. Any ideas for that?

Dark Apostle197
08-01-2007, 22:45
So... Show us some pics when your camera works, or on the other thread :)

Catferret
08-01-2007, 23:05
Need some natural light first. There shall be pictures. Tomorrow. WIP type stuff. Just as soon as I figure out how this camera thing works...:p

Catferret
09-01-2007, 03:42
Sorry for the double post but here is the first revision of my gang. I'm still open to further change and any comments will be welcome.

Leader: Sword, Autopistol, Shotgun w/ Bolt Shells
Heavy1: Heavy Stubber, Lasgun
Heavy2: Lasgun
Ganger1: Autogun
Ganger2: Autogun
Ganger3: Autogun
Ganger4: Shotgun w/ Manstopper Shells
Ganger5: Shotgun w/ Manstopper Shells
Ganger6: Shotgun w/ Manstopper Shells
Juve1: Autopistol
Juve2: Laspistol
Ratskin: Lasgun

How does this look now? It's exactly 1000 creds. I've acted on some direct suggestions from people's comments and also looked at stuff about Necro on the other Threads.

Palatine Katinka
09-01-2007, 23:37
There shall be pictures. Tomorrow. WIP type stuff. Just as soon as I figure out how this camera thing works...:p

Yeah...

Camera bought by Konrad. Camera had focal length of 1.5m/5'. Konrad has been told to take it back and get a better one, more suitable for close-ups!

Hopefully Catferret, Katinka and Konrad will be able to add pictures soon. ;)

Catferret
10-01-2007, 03:55
Yeah. Stoopid suckfest camera... On the plus side, it has given some of the Greenstuff a chance to dry on my Gang!

Dark Apostle197
10-01-2007, 03:57
Pfft... No excuses! Get to work! SHow us pics! :P

Catferret
10-01-2007, 04:01
Whine whine whine... But I had to go into Mos Eisley to pick up some power converters... Whine whine whine. :p

Adding Greenstuff coats and respirators is hard work. Takes days sometimes if it's a Trenchcoat. Stoopid fiddly Escher. Pictures will be made available ASAP.

Was going to suggest people could see some of my Inquisitor models at The Conclave but it's been a long time since I was there last and I doubt the pics are still around. If anybody really cares about looking for them they were posted by "Inquisitor Karnesdorff" and you are looking for models by (Inquisitor) Ridley Rider.

Weregerbil
10-01-2007, 23:04
SWORDS need more sword and auto pistols and kangaroo riding elves!

Catferret
11-01-2007, 10:15
As requested, pics have been posted in M,P & T.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64314

Enjoy!

Dark Apostle197
11-01-2007, 21:04
Looking good!

Catferret
14-01-2007, 13:04
Posted a couple more on the same thread if anybody is interested. More to come!

Catferret
16-01-2007, 21:41
That's a few more pics posted for anybody who is interested. Slowly getting the hang of the camera but lighting is problematic!