PDA

View Full Version : Horus Heresy: Vol 3. Any word?

Inquis. Jaeger
13-07-2005, 17:11
Anyone heard anything about the third installment in this excellent series from the BL? Because it's got to carry on - the Battle for Prospero has only just kicked off, as has Sanguinius assault on the Slaanesh system and the Word Bearers assault on the Ultramarines. For God's sake Istvaan IV hasn't even happened yet!! :(

Another question is - are Sabertooth doing okay and do they have the pictures to fill an extended series of these books? Cos I'm dying here :D

jgtrumpet2005
13-07-2005, 17:33
Try this link on Amazon.co.uk - seems to say 1st August release date.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1844162478/qid=1121272772/sr=8-3/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i3_xgl/202-1953570-1857409

Hope this helps

Inquisitor Samos
13-07-2005, 17:35
Black Library is also saying an August 2005 release, for both the collector's edition and the standard, on their "Forthcoming" page. (http://www.blacklibrary.com/forthcoming.asp)

Pworm
13-07-2005, 20:28
It's also been on the UK store for a week or 2 now. I'll be getting it as soon as. It's a lovely series of books.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=60040181002&orignav=300810

Martin

Inquis. Jaeger
14-07-2005, 10:38
schwing schwing!! Thank you all. Just made my day. Come on 30th Aug

vexa
15-07-2005, 22:07
Cool! More cool pictures and artwork from heresy times. Just have to see when it comes to Finland, or I have to order it from abroad. :(

Mojaco
17-07-2005, 00:44
I just finished reading mine :)
It's a good book, as usual, but I found the events less interesting then I've come to expect. Istvaan, blabla. I want to see the Siege of Terra! And what the frag is the Emperor doing in his vault?
None of that. Nearly nothing about BA and UM either.

What IS in there is (Spoilers, so highlight to read):
Wrap-up of Istvaan III, the continuation of Prospero and the buildup and start of the Istvaan V massacre
Not bad in itself, but I enjoyed the previous books more. Also, although the veterans deliver top-notch work again, the artwork seem to be more miss then hit this time. O well.

Inquis. Jaeger
18-07-2005, 09:35
I just finished reading mine :)
It's a good book, as usual, but I found the events less interesting then I've come to expect. Istvaan, blabla. I want to see the Siege of Terra! And what the frag is the Emperor doing in his vault?
None of that. Nearly nothing about BA and UM either.

What IS in there is:
Wrap-up Istvaan III
Continuation of Prospero
Buildup and start of the Istvaan V massacre.

Not bad in itself, but I enjoyed the previous books more. Also, although the veterans deliver top-notch work again, the artwork seem to be more miss then hit this time. O well.

how come you've got hold of it Mojaco? It's still a good 6 weeks off release. And anyway, next time post some spoiler notices before you go doing stuff like that.

Son of Morkai
18-07-2005, 10:15
Well, I know of one way he could have gotten hold of it. I'm not under any official NDA, but I'd rather not give up the how or why of it as I have no idea how much I can say before going overboard and losing my status.

Though I will say that the timing seems about right for Mojaco to be a volunteer in the same group I am in.

Inquis. Jaeger
18-07-2005, 12:28
Well, I know of one way he could have gotten hold of it. I'm not under any official NDA, but I'd rather not give up the how or why of it as I have no idea how much I can say before going overboard and losing my status.

Though I will say that the timing seems about right for Mojaco to be a volunteer in the same group I am in.

Oh good God. Spare us your intricacies. You keep your secrets. If you don't want to say anything about some 'special proof-reading group' or whatever it is, then don't bloody post anything. I'd rather no answer at all came up than another person with secrets. I swear, every bloody poster on Warseer wants to be an investigative journalist or a spy when it comes to rumours - they've all either got to 'protect their very high up and completely reliable sources' or 'they can't say anything because Games Workshop PLC will come and drag them from their beds in the dark of night'. Jesus. More likely they just made it, spoke to a red (blue) shirt or managed to get a sneak peek on a vets' night.

If you're not allowed to say anything, then don't say anything. Don't post these mumbo-jumbo secret posts that hint you're someone very important. If you desparately want to be noticed about how fantastic and important you are, and how you want to generate an air of mystery and intringue about yourself, then send a PM to Brimstone and get him to put it up on the rumour roundup and credit you, rather than posting drivel that adds nothing to discussion. At least then you don't sound like a jackass.

Sorry for the vitriol, but it just gets on my tits.

Son of Morkai
18-07-2005, 19:21
Sorry, I didn't mean to hint that I was anyone important. In fact, the lack of NDA pretty much means that I'm not. Games Workshop doesn't even know I exist. All I meant to do was tell you is that it was quite possible for Mojaco to have gotten the Horus Heresy Volume 3 two months or so before release, and not to jump on him. Instead you jump on me, so I guess I learned my lesson, eh?

Of course, just saying "It is quite possible for him to have it." wouldn't have worked, I felt it needed at least a touch of explaination.

And I would have sent PMs to Brimstone if any information I had was directly related to 40k or Warhammer Fantasy. I don't see a real need for rumors for WFRP.

Aenarion
18-07-2005, 20:56
I'm quite looking forward too this, I remember I read both releases in an hour or so awhile ago, great artwork.

Mojaco
19-07-2005, 07:28
sorry for not posting anything about spoilers. didn't feel like spoilers to me, but I guess they are... I'll edit my post before more minds are destroyed :)

But don't worry, there's plenty of how and why. It just told the outline. I especially liked the Prospero bit.

I'm not part of a secret group, it's just one of those releases that came in really in early in the GW where I work, and then we are allowed to buy it. Sometimes we're lucky 9like this one). sometimes we're not (broodlord came in 2 days before release. Booo).

Edit: I just edited, but now the spoilers are still sitting snuck in your quoting of me :D

Inquis. Jaeger
19-07-2005, 09:17
Sorry, I didn't mean to hint that I was anyone important. In fact, the lack of NDA pretty much means that I'm not. Games Workshop doesn't even know I exist. All I meant to do was tell you is that it was quite possible for Mojaco to have gotten the Horus Heresy Volume 3 two months or so before release, and not to jump on him. Instead you jump on me, so I guess I learned my lesson, eh?

Of course, just saying "It is quite possible for him to have it." wouldn't have worked, I felt it needed at least a touch of explaination.

And I would have sent PMs to Brimstone if any information I had was directly related to 40k or Warhammer Fantasy. I don't see a real need for rumors for WFRP.

sorry for not posting anything about spoilers. didn't feel like spoilers to me, but I guess they are... I'll edit my post before more minds are destroyed

But don't worry, there's plenty of how and why. It just told the outline. I especially liked the Prospero bit.

I'm not part of a secret group, it's just one of those releases that came in really in early in the GW where I work, and then we are allowed to buy it. Sometimes we're lucky 9like this one). sometimes we're not (broodlord came in 2 days before release. Booo).

Edit: I just edited, but now the spoilers are still sitting snuck in your quoting of me

Sorry guys. I really didn't mean to jump on you. Apologies. I think it's really cool you've managed to get hold of the book so early, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Again, I'm sorry, I reacted immaturely and harshly and you guys didn't deserve it. Credit to you both for not biting back. :angel:

Best wishes

Pontus
19-07-2005, 13:54
Cant wait for this one to hit GW Stockholm :)

The Ape
21-07-2005, 21:00
Have had a chance to read through it at my local GW.

Its got some great artwork but i cant shake the feeling its just stretching out the story a bit too much (HOW many volumes are they planning!?!)

I want to see the siege of terra stuff - and more stuff on Ultramarines, but that looks like being Vol IV or even V.

Mojaco
22-07-2005, 22:57
As far as I know it's four parts, but you're right, it seems it's stretching towards at least a fifth one. I just can't see them cramming all what's left in one volume.

I think your comment described what I felt better then my own post. It feels like stretching. Though, again, I loved the Prospero stuff.

And people looking to buy this: You're going to love the Sam Wood painting in this one. Hands down best so far. To bad it runs over a fold in the book. Page forty ppl. Avoid that page if you don't want the rest to look like poo in comparison :D

And Inquis. Jaeger, you weren't mean to me, you were right. I wasn't thinking. You were a bit mean to the other guy though, and I could see why :), but don't we all love knowing things ahead of the other guys at portent (warseer) and be secretive about it? :D
Great for coming with that cool reply though.

Sakura
23-07-2005, 14:46
It's a lovely series of books.

Youre joking right?
I found the spelling mistakes in the first one after I took it home.
then I returned it the next day with a tear in my eye.
I checked the 2nd edition when it came out and almost broke down again.

Chaplin Unitas
24-07-2005, 21:24
I'm with Sakura. The HH books are chock full of unbelievable errors. If I wasn't such an addict, I'd have taken mine back too.

Tom
24-07-2005, 22:57
Er, they're ART books. Why is spelling even relevant in an ART book anyway? It's like refusing to play warmachine because the typo-editing's actually worse than in GW stuff (seriously, you think we have it bad with 40K...)

Chaplin Unitas
25-07-2005, 00:16
Except that the names of Chapters don't coincide with the Chapter pictured! And that is just one example. Er, art. Right. Er, proofreader. Either you produce a professional product or you don't. :wtf:

Pretty pictures. Whoopee!

Sakura
25-07-2005, 03:39
Er, they're ART books. Why is spelling even relevant in an ART book anyway? It's like refusing to play warmachine because the typo-editing's actually worse than in GW stuff (seriously, you think we have it bad with 40K...)
Er, I thought it had a story as well?

That comment is like buying a codex for the pictures.

It seems spelling is relevant enough for people on forums to constantly poke fun at like juveniles.

Er, it seems to ruin the art by labelling blood angels as dreadnaughts to me.

Ok, maybe its a comedy book.

Maybe Sanguinus slayed the first and only Bloodthirster of Slaanesh? (wow)

Mojaco
25-07-2005, 07:58
Bringing a book back for that? The story is still being told, typos or not. Do they really ruin the experience that much? You guys are zenzitif.

Odin
25-07-2005, 09:35
"Bringing a book back for that? The story is still being told, typos or not. Do they really ruin the experience that much? You guys are zenzitif."

I don't know, it really is a bit amateurish. You pay 20 (ish) for a book and expect it to be produced professionally. I kept mine though (haven't got Vol 2 yet, let alone Vol 3).

Inquis. Jaeger
25-07-2005, 09:51
Some things don't match up, it's true, and sometimes you exclaim at how bad the spelling/grammar etc is, but to be honest, as mentioned above, I didn't/won't buy them for that. I'll buy them for the great art and brilliant story that I've waited 10 years to hear.

Sakura
25-07-2005, 14:20
Yes, I think we all agree its a great story.
The art is good too.

But you know, I could have edited the book with better results.
It just goes to show that they don't really care about quality as much as they do putting out there for YOU people that will buy it anyway.

Market person "Heck, lets go mould the space marines feet backwards."
Adviser "Wont that **** the customers off?"
Markt person "No, they are a bunch of whingers that will end up buying it anyway, let them rot, we will update our customers next time we make another fire warrior game or tau update, fresh parent dollers and a whole lot more young minds to extort. Oh by the way theres a thread in this forum proving i'm tell you the truth mr adviser, these people really dont give a damn even if we punched their mothers." http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6386&page=3

boogle
29-07-2005, 09:00
Er, I thought it had a story as well?

That comment is like buying a codex for the pictures.

It seems spelling is relevant enough for people on forums to constantly poke fun at like juveniles.

Er, it seems to ruin the art by labelling blood angels as dreadnaughts to me.

Ok, maybe its a comedy book.

Maybe Sanguinus slayed the first and only Bloodthirster of Slaanesh? (wow)
if you look properly, you'll see that its the head of a Keeper of Secrets, and there is a story in these books, its called THE HORUS HERESY

The Judge
29-07-2005, 11:40
Well I've got the new book too, coz my store got some in and I bought one...

but there are no where near as many mistakes and typo's this time - I haven't seen any yet, anyway. I think they tried a bit harder this time.

t-tauri
29-07-2005, 12:06
but there are no where near as many mistakes and typo's this time - I haven't seen any yet, anyway. I think they tried a bit harder this time.
maybe Black Library finally employed an editor who knows something about 40k. :D