PDA

View Full Version : Bed ass OGRES!

MATIC
08-01-2007, 16:51
Hello!
I've played with Vampires for a few years but they aren't a challenge to me anymore. So I've started with Ogres. :) I heard they are difficult to play with. I have played about 10 games with them so far and I lost 7 of them (good average ain't it :eyebrows: ). My army looks like tkis.

Any suugestions?

TYRANT
Heavy armour
Tenderiser
Fistful of Laurels
Wyrdstone Necklace

BRUISER
GW, HA
Greedy Fist

BUCHER
Bangstick
Dispel Scroll

BUCHER
2xDispel Scroll

20xGnoblars
20xGnoblars

5xBulls (Sb, LoG, M)
3xBulls
3xBulls

4xIronguts (Sb, LoG)
3xIronguts

4xLeadbelchers
Scraplauncha

Maneeater (HA, Cathaya)
Gorger

2249pts

What do you think? :evilgrin:

Captain Lysander360
08-01-2007, 17:04
why so many dispel schrolls they absolute rubbish and i would never take em because for a very expensive thing that you can only use once is useless

bobert the great clen one
08-01-2007, 17:40
why so many dispel schrolls they absolute rubbish and i would never take em because for a very expensive thing that you can only use once is useless

at 2500 points theres going to be alot of high class mages around so there the perfect defense, he has 3 which is not alot at this points level ......

Quin 242
08-01-2007, 17:42
Suggestions you ask for?
Don't call them BED ass ogres... sounds like they are lazy and can't get up :)

druchii
08-01-2007, 21:44
Hello!
I've played with Vampires for a few years but they aren't a challenge to me anymore. So I've started with Ogres. :) I heard they are difficult to play with. I have played about 10 games with them so far and I lost 7 of them (good average ain't it :eyebrows: ). My army looks like tkis.

Any suugestions?

TYRANT
Heavy armour
Tenderiser
Fistful of Laurels
Wyrdstone Necklace

BRUISER
GW, HA
Greedy Fist

BUCHER
Bangstick
Dispel Scroll

BUCHER
2xDispel Scroll

20xGnoblars
20xGnoblars

5xBulls (Sb, LoG, M)
3xBulls
3xBulls

4xIronguts (Sb, LoG)
3xIronguts

4xLeadbelchers
Scraplauncha

Maneeater (HA, Cathaya)
Gorger

2249pts

What do you think? :evilgrin:

A few things.

Magic makes my ogres very, very unhappy. Very. I find that three Butchers is really utilitarian for shutting down your opponent's magic phase(I run three, with a scroll each+the five dispel dice) and making the spells you want to happen, happen. With eight chances to cast your 3+ gut spells, most opponents won't be able to stop all your spells from happening.

I'd ditch the maneater. Unless you're going to field a unit of two, one just seems like wasted points. Either he's shooting fodder, or he WILL be run over by ranked units(and I haven't even mentoned cavalry units..).

I just don't like the scrap. I don't know why, when I took one, I found myself charging people with it rather than shooting. Odd, I know. I'd also divide your leadbelchers into two units of two, with musicians. Use them as bait units! Get em up front, fire off the cannons, and flee from charges!

Hopefully they can blast a few fast cav. units, and set up some advantageous charges for your bigger blocks of ogre infantry.

hope this helps!
d