PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my detective work.

Marsekay
04-04-2005, 16:16
I have had 2 random people turn up on my MSN, they are trying to convince me they know me, and want to meet me, they seem to know my area quite well, they know a few of the places i frequent, hence me thinking something dodgys gonig on, i think its some mates winding me up.
Anyway, they are trying to pretend they are asian, could well be, the e-mail address seems like an asian name and i dont think any of my friends could be bothered to make an e mail addy just for this purpose,

They asent me a link to a picture of "them" or one of the anyway.

http://www.asiansinmedia.org/pictures/galleries/zee_awards/2005_4_tn.jpg

First thing i did was think hmmm i doubt it, then i looked at the URL some bollywood awards y the look of things.
Anyone know who it really is?

inquisitorautry
05-04-2005, 02:32
Seems fishy, the picture just doesn't look right. If it was a real person you would think they could find a better picture of themselves.

inquisitorkane
05-04-2005, 03:01
Meet them, but a time and place of your choosing. Don't tell them where or when until a few hours before hand. Be at the place already, and wait for them. Be armed.

Overzealous? Maybe, but no sense in being stupid. :D

Delicious Soy
05-04-2005, 03:15
Quite obviously someone is trying to kill you. Probably your friends. Strike first.

Adept
05-04-2005, 03:26
Meet them, but a time and place of your choosing. Don't tell them where or when until a few hours before hand. Be at the place already, and wait for them. Be armed.

Overzealous? Maybe, but no sense in being stupid. :D

You know what happens to paranoid people? Very little.

Set a time and a place. Do they know what you look like? If not, tell them you will wear a red jacket and blue hat. Then go in a t-shirt and sit across the road, and see who turns up. If you think the mark might be able to make a visual ID on you, then conceal yourself slightly. Say you'll meet them in building A, then sit in building B in a place where you can see the entrance to Building A without being obviously observed. Make a minal effort to disguise yourself, ala beanie and sunglasses.

Also, watch for anyone else that is waiting. They might be waiting for you. Make sure it is a public, well lit place. Take a camera, with a decent zoom.

Do not make contact on the first meeting, even if it looks clear. If it looks clear, send them a message saying you inavoidably detained. Set up a second meeting, same process as the first. If it still looks clear, approach them.

To be on the safe side, before the second meeting leave an envelope with the pictures of the people in question and a brief summary of your plans and correspondance in your room.

In contrast to what Inquisitor Kane recommends, don't arm yourself unless you are well trained in the use of the weapon you choose. Taking a gun when you don't know how to relaese the magazine or check the safety, and without practising several methods of quick-draw and appropriate carry procedure will just get you in trouble. Plus it's probably illegal. Taking a knife if you don't know how to use on is just stupid.

Remember, stay cool and use your head.

Marsekay
05-04-2005, 03:43
Er wow, i wasnt expecting such a tactical approach. i think its just my mates.
But i would like to see who it is so i might do the spy thing.
Worth a laugh hey? lol

N'bel
05-04-2005, 13:05
@Adept

wow, it sounds like you've been through this yourself.

Samoth
05-04-2005, 14:14
Adept, we think alike. My sentiments exactly. But I hardly think it goes that far. What are their nick's? What are there emails? Try googling for both of these, see if you get any hits.

Second, ask them questions. Dont let them talk, actually ASK them things - they might just be reading from a script someone has given them?

Ask them to send another pic.

Jedi152
05-04-2005, 15:25
Just turn the joke around - pretend that you have known them for years.

Talk about old events and keep asking them if they remember them and how cool it was when you were kids together.

If it is a 419 scam, do a 419eater (http://www.419eater.com) on them and string them along.

If you've got a creepier imagination than mine (i'm sure you could find 1-2 people on here...) you can really turn it around and start to **** with their heads - open more hotmail accounts in different names, and begin bombarding them with many different characters pretending to be their friend!

What fun you could have...

de Selby
05-04-2005, 16:36
Quite obviously someone is trying to kill you. Probably your friends. Strike first.

Douglass Adams' three stages of strategic warfare; revenge, anticipation, and diplomacy .

Revenge: I am going to kill you because you killed my brother.

Anticipation: I am going to kill you because I killed your brother.

Diplomacy: I am going to kill my brother, then kill you on the pretext that your brother did it...

Wez
05-04-2005, 19:46
The picture is of someone nearly twice your age.;)

Sounds like a scam to me. I once got caught in one of those. They pretended there was some warhammer tournament-esque thing... then it turned out to be drinking in a hotel room at 3am. My friend received marks to his face, and another less lucky soul lost the use of his eyebrow. Bastards.:mad:

:p

-Wez

Inflammable
05-04-2005, 20:32
Go meet them to personally tell them to quarter pounder off. If it's a hot asian chick then woo to you. Otherwise the fries with that? off will probably get them off your back.

No need to be as paranoid as some of the previous posters.

Ahmato
05-04-2005, 23:06
Forward all the goddam crap that you always ge,t to them, hit em with random spyware, adware all that annoying rubbish. Remember to pose that they are 'Directions to somwhere' or somthin else. Send them whatever is in your quarantine area in your virus checker. Also, sign their mails up to rubbish, lots of it. Websites that are bound to send you crap....
This is getting good :D

Tell us how it goes...

Ahmato

VanHel
06-04-2005, 11:38
Make sure when your doing your recon on them and going incognito have a few friends strategically placed just in case something goes messed up.

Jimbob_Jenkins
06-04-2005, 15:03
The picture is of someone nearly twice your age.;)

Sounds like a scam to me. I once got caught in one of those. They pretended there was some warhammer tournament-esque thing... then it turned out to be drinking in a hotel room at 3am. My friend received marks to his face, and another less lucky soul lost the use of his eyebrow. Bastards.:mad:

:p

-Wez

What are you talking about no one lost an eyebrow ;)
I still have the vid of that it still makes me laugh every time

Inflammable
06-04-2005, 21:58
Post the vid.

Jimbob_Jenkins
07-04-2005, 10:04
The file size is to big pm me your email and I’ll send it to you if you are really that bothered :p

Unspun_Hero
07-04-2005, 19:03
agreed
MSN users are less cocky with people abseiling through their roofs

Festering Chantor
07-04-2005, 19:09
Lock yourself in your room and hide under the bed, they've hired Clan Eshin...

Inflammable
07-04-2005, 19:12
´That much work for a vid? nah, I'll skip :P