PDA

View Full Version : Arming Skaven

SeaCaptain
08-01-2007, 19:41
Hey what does everyone think is the best way to arm clanrat skaven and plague monks?

Maldred2
08-01-2007, 20:08
arming clanrats:

versus high strength opponents spears are good, otherwise the basic hand weapon/shield is very good.

plague monks:
I'm a big fan of giving these rats a additional hand weapon. This, and a banner of burning hatred will give a whopping 3 re-rollable attacks on the charge.

Stouty
08-01-2007, 20:40
arming clanrats:

versus high strength opponents spears are good, otherwise the basic hand weapon/shield is very good.

plague monks:
I'm a big fan of giving these rats a additional hand weapon. This, and a banner of burning hatred will give a whopping 3 re-rollable attacks on the charge.

I will agree but I will go further.

Clanrats: Strength of opponent must be greater than strength 5 (or sometimes equal to) for spears to be considered (number of attacks is also a factor). Armour save/Toughness of opponent must be low to be accepted. Other HW+S for effeciencies sake.

Example: If you exspect to face many swordmasters (Strength 5, t3, 5+ armour save) clanrats with spears would certainly be an option.

Plague Monks:
Always 2 handweapons, banner of hatred in large numbers, 7 wide if you can. 21 attacks? Hatred? Yes please! Against swordsmen you're looking at 2-3 wounds. And against elves it goes to a sweet 3-4 kills on the charge, once you've numbered in the lack of elven elite infantry you can see yourself barging through units easily.

ser_hag
08-01-2007, 21:36
35 clanrats with spears, 7 wide, 5 deep...now THAT is a lot of attacks!

==Me==
08-01-2007, 23:06
I like to keep ==My== clanrats cheap so I can properly swamp them with numbers :D

A few extra kills are nice, but the extra combat res and Ld is too good to pass up. 25 clanrat blocks ftw!

Plague Monks are absolutely silly with extra hand wpn and banner of burning hatred, you'd be surprised what they can annihilate in any one round. Add in some Censers or a Plague Priest and it just gets ridiculous.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
13-11-2009, 20:46
Is everyone really against giving clanrats spears? They look so nice!

ZigZagMan
14-11-2009, 00:22
Brrraaaaaaaaains!

This thread is over 2 years old dude.
Make sure you look at the date when you do a search.
Thread necromancy is frowned upon

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
14-11-2009, 00:40
Well, that's definitely my bad.

However, my question is still valid, maybe even more so with the new edition. So there's no sense in wasting a whole new thread, just have people answer in this one!

Wintermute
14-11-2009, 08:58
Well, that's definitely my bad.

However, my question is still valid, maybe even more so with the new edition. So there's no sense in wasting a whole new thread, just have people answer in this one!

Wrong.

If you want this question answered then start a new thread as suggested by other members on this thread and as advised by our Posting Guidelines. (http://www.warseer.com/warseers_posting_guidelines)Specifically this one:

18) When replying to a thread please take a look at the date of the last post of said thread first (especially if you are using the 'new posts' feature). Only add a post to a thread if you have something useful to add and if the point you are going to make has not already been posted. If a thread has not had any posts added for a few weeks, its better to leave it alone and not post on it.Thread Closed

Wintermute
The WarSeer Inquisition