PDA

View Full Version : Will you be getting this advanced order?

the creator
08-01-2007, 19:22
like the title says, will you be getting the new Dark Angels army boxed set on advanced order?

in all my 17 years of doing warhammer 40,000 i never liked the "emo rockers" of 40k, but i really wanna give them a shot this time. im gonna get it if i have enough money left over from saving for my ps3 (590 and counting...). i just want to know if anyone else is getting this also...

maybe even start a Dark angels support group.....

oh, linky;
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=60110101323&orignav=10

Yade
08-01-2007, 19:33
I have a well established Ravenwing army so I woun't be getting the boxed set but I am really looking forward to the release. Unlike the Black templars Dark Angels have more character and a better chance of winning tournaments so I think we will see a lot of people ordering the boxed setx.

Laughingmonk
08-01-2007, 19:47
Even if I ever started Dark Angels, I probably still wouldn't get the army deal.

Yeah, you'd save money, but would you ever use those scouts? Or even the Terminators?

Only reason to get it would be that limited Edition Commander. That'd be about it.

ashc
08-01-2007, 19:53
I will not be purchasing it. I can do far better with a megaforce/battleforce combo and some of the DA upgrade sprues for a better deal than whats on offer, and a complete army to boot.

Ash

Huw_Dawson
08-01-2007, 19:56
I'd use everything in the set. I just love the DA anyway. :skull: Also, if you buy it you get to tease everybody here cause you have it and not many other people do. :)

Also, the hooded guys make good squad captains in other SM chapters, especially if you have an allied inquisitor in tow (Originality before strength) so you can get a really "holy" feel. Plus it represents adamantium mantle. :D

- Huw

Sir Phobos
08-01-2007, 20:05
Does anyone know if there been any pics of the Ravenwing army box that I thought was coimg out?

ashc
08-01-2007, 20:07
Does anyone know if there been any pics of the Ravenwing army box that I thought was coimg out?

there is no sign of the Ravenwing Battleforce.... yet.

Ash

lord_blackfang
08-01-2007, 20:07
Not enough savings. I'd go with Megaforces and Battleforces instead.

cybertron2000uk
08-01-2007, 20:12
wow next to the megaforce this looks a complete rip off...lol

u dont get a lot of marines nowadays for 135 pounds...

that DA box just looks worth 50quid.....

will wait...ive waited 15 years for da plastics....

Company Master looks ok...wing helmet ones better thank god...

Curis
08-01-2007, 21:35
Why do they never have pictures on the GW store that click through to a larger version? It's so hard to make out anything in those shots. I want to see the fine detail grudammit.

I've got to say that it's not meant to be a complete army. It's designed to give you lots of Dark Angels specific elements you can supplement with vanilla marines. It's more a supplement than a standalone set.

VetSgtNamaan
08-01-2007, 21:52
I have already advanced ordered the Army Deal I want my Dark Angels now gosh darn it!!!
I have been waiting along time for this new batch of DA goodness.

Mojaco
08-01-2007, 22:21
I'm getting the Ravenwing battallion (staff pre-order :)), the MotRW, the termi librarian and the codex. With the librarian for my smurfs :D Should be enough for a decent start. I want the regular librarian with the book too, but the pre-order form didn't specify which you'd get, so I'll just wait.

Never did a staff pre-order before, so I'm curious when I'll get it.

William Moran
08-01-2007, 22:48
This is weird, the advert seems to suggest that each dark angle sprue can make five complete dark angle marines?

"and 2 Dark Angel Veteran frames each frame making 5 complete Dark Angel Marines"

This would possibly make the individual cost

1 x Lib 7?
1 x Commander 7?
1 x 5 scouts 10
1 X 5 Devs 18
1 X Combat Squad 9
1 X 10 Dark angles 18?
1 X 5 CC Terms 25
1 X Pred 25
1 X Codex 12
1 X Raven wing upgrade 15?

or 146,a grand saving of 9. What a bargin! I think the advert is wrong and you get a normal squad of marines and the upgrade set includes two squad upgrades and a raven wing upgrade for 15 which ends up costing the same.

Compare this to

1 x Megaforce

one Commander
5 man Command squad
10 man Tactical squad
5 man Combat squad
Razorback transport
5 man Scout squad with Sniper Rifles
5 man Assault Squad
one Predator tank
Space Marine Dreadnought

Total 100 (50 saving on buying the products individually)

+ Upgrade set 15
+ Codex 12

= 127

You don't get the lib and the limit commander or termies, but you get a plastic commander, a razorback an assault squad and a Dreadnought and sniper scouts instead of basic scouts. But you save 50 instead of 9 and you spend 8 less overall.

But you do get the codex 2 weeks earlier which is well worth the 58 you would save if you could just wait!

insaniak
08-01-2007, 23:52
This is weird, the advert seems to suggest that each dark angle sprue can make five complete dark angle marines?

Well, yeah... they're in full robes, so they'll be complete models. Sculpting plastic robes to go over a regular plastic marine would be a nightmare.

New Cult King
08-01-2007, 23:59
I mustn't. I mustn't. I mustn't. I mustn't. I mustn't. I mustn't.

Argh.

the_dark_sarge
09-01-2007, 02:08
i cant decide
getting the models and codex early would be nice but really the battle force mega force combo is so much better
the only problem with this is those damm devastators why dont they re realease the mega force with them
I WANT I WANT I WANT

The Emperor
09-01-2007, 02:32
I'll be getting it. And for the record, the box comes with the following:

$20 Codex: Dark Angels
$12 Limited Edition Company Master
$12 Librarian
$50 Terminator Assault Squad
$20 Scout Squad
$20 Combat Squad
$35 Devastator Squad
$35 Veteran Squad (The guys with robes)
$35 Veteran Squad
$40 Predator

That comes out to $279. So that's a savings of $69. In essence, you're getting the Terminators and the Codex for free.

muskrat
09-01-2007, 05:17
emo rockers? try Raven Guard bud. Dark Angels aren't emo.

fwacho
09-01-2007, 07:23
so what will be in teh ravenwing boxed army? thats what intersts me.

AngryAngel
09-01-2007, 07:45
I actually liked the other deal like the ravenwing box more then the big army deal. I'll just save my extra money, wait the extra time, and get more I actually need. I actually already have a pretty big selection of models as is.

Onisuzume
09-01-2007, 08:24
Just the codex and the upgrade sprues for now.
Or maybe a battleforce (if they make one)

Can't use the scouts. (my army's fluff has them still using pre-heresy style initiation)
Assault Terminators aren't that good in my eyes.
And I don't like those 2 characters.

So I'll probably be off cheaper if I'd buy individually.

cookiescrumble
09-01-2007, 08:39
I've pre-ordered the army deal and have my name down for one of each of the Battle forces.

The army deals main point for me, is the Limited edition guy, although he will probably be used as a Vet Sarge.

jfrazell
09-01-2007, 14:45
Edit: There is indeed a cost savings. If you can use all these units thenthere is a financial benefit to acquiring the box.

Onisuzume
09-01-2007, 17:47
Edit: There is indeed a cost savings. If you can use all these units thenthere is a financial benefit to acquiring the box.

Just the codex and the upgrade sprues for now.
Or maybe a battleforce (if they make one)

Can't use the scouts. (my army's fluff has them still using pre-heresy style initiation)
Assault Terminators aren't that good in my eyes.
And I don't like those 2 characters.

So I'll probably be off cheaper if I'd buy individually.
Just checked the online store; it'd cost me £84 for the stuff that I need, box by box, or £125 for the stuff I need and the stuff that I don't need.
Go figure. :P

William Moran
10-01-2007, 16:21
All army deals are rubbish compared to battle or mega forces, don't submit to their marketing ploy's.

For the record, i did not see in the rumor round up that the dark angles will get their own plastic veteran squad box. Anyone got pics of the sprues?