PDA

View Full Version : 2,250 Point Tournament List

The SkaerKrow
09-01-2007, 11:46
I ran a version of this list at 3K and had good success with it against Wood Elves. Dropping it to 2,250 points, it crushed two Empire armies back to back. I wanted to get some opinions on it, as it's becoming increasingly infamous among (and effective against) my regular gaming group.

1 Noble w/ Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield, Heavy Armor and Sea Dragon Cloak riding a Cold One Chariot w/ Spears (General)
1 Noble w/ Lance, Shield, Seal of Ghrond, Heavy Armor and Sea Dragon Cloak riding a Cold One Chariot w/ Spears
1 High Sorceress w/ Crown of Black Iron, Darkstar Cloak and Dispel Scroll (Level Four)
1 Sorceress w/ Dispel Scroll (Level Two)

20 Warriors w/ Shields, Standard and Musician
20 Warriors w/ Shields, Standard and Musician
5 Dark Riders w/ Musician
5 Dark Riders w/ Musician

12 Executioners w/ Musician and Champion
12 Executioners w/ Musician and Champion
7 Shades

4 Reaper Bolt Throwers

Total Points: 2,243

The army strategy leans completely on the casters and the Bolt Throwers. Typically I deploy in a line of battle formation, with the Warrior blocks flanked by Executioners who are in turn flanked by Chariots. Very little moving occurs during the first few turns. The Bolt Throwers systematically tear apart units in the opposing army, with my casters providing Magic Missile support. The Dark Riders are there to misdirect the advance of opposing units and turn them flankside towards the RBTs, everything else is basically a distraction. The deployment gives the initial appearance that the army is going to fight a traditional battle, but my infantry doesn't end up leaving the starting blocks. The key to victory has been identifying those units that I can panic or nullify early using RBTS, then hammering anything that I can't with multiple RBTs later on. So in essence it's a gunline of sorts. I'm not a fan of gunlines, but the players in my group use extremely hard and unforgiving lists, and this army was designed for use in our upcoming tournament.

Anyhow, comments on the army and/or strategy are welcome.