PDA

View Full Version : questions with warrior priest

Mike3791
10-01-2007, 03:17
There are a couple of things that are unclear about the rules with warrior priests:

1. Do WP reroll misses 2x with hate and hammer of sigmar spell?

2. Can the WP heal the steam tank so Steam points are more effective?

3. Is the steam tank affected by poison?(sorry not a WP question but still important)

Briohmar
10-01-2007, 03:31
1. You may not re-roll a reroll

2. Already addressed in a different thread, but no, you can't heal the tank because that type of spell has no effect on it (can only be effected by direct damage type spells, i.e. magic missiles, with an actual S value.)

3. Not sure on this one, don't have a book with me, but I think poison has no effect.

MarcoPollo
10-01-2007, 04:02
I think that if you can killing blow a steam tank you ought to be able to heal it. But, that would create an imbalance because killing blow for a steam tank is only offered by Bretonians with a special vow. The healing can happen with any warrior priest.

But I would play it that you can't heal it. I think it would be cheesy to expect some to understand that you can heal all those steam points.

JonnyTHM
10-01-2007, 05:23
The rules for the warrior priest and (as far as I can recall) all the other healing spells directly preclude the steam tank as it is a warmachine and not a character or unit champion.

Steam tank = warmachine, check if poison works on warmachines for your answer to #3.

vorac
10-01-2007, 06:16
Warhammer rule book page96 "warmachines are immune to poison"
Empire Book page50 "the steam tank counts as a warmachine in all respects"

Therefore the answer is no

Mephistofeles
10-01-2007, 10:58
Just to make this very clear so as you do not make any mistakes: All of the WP:s powers may only ever be used on characters, heroes, champions or others of their mettle. It may never be used on monsters, normal models, war machines or other kinds of things.

Except the unbreakable thing then, which is cast on a unit, but that's very clear.

I don't mean to sound patronizing if you've already understood this, I just wanted to say it anyway, sorry if you already knew it.

DeathlessDraich
10-01-2007, 16:40
Q3) This is not as straight forward as it seems.
There is an important omission in the rules for combat against the ST which is a chariot as well - but only for the purposes of movement.

The machine of a warmachine is immune to poison but not the crew. The Engineer Commander is the crew but fortunately there is no Attacks in its profile which implies the Engineer does not engage in combat.
Therefore the Engineer cannot be poisoned and this makes the ST immune to poison.

Atrahasis
10-01-2007, 16:53
2. Already addressed in a different thread, but no, you can't heal the tank because that type of spell has no effect on it (can only be effected by direct damage type spells, i.e. magic missiles, with an actual S value.)Prayers aren't spells. The only thing preventing the ST being healed is that it cannot be targeted (the prayer affects only champions and characters).

ZomboCom
12-01-2007, 21:45
Actually, yes, prayers are spells. They are bound spells, which in 7th edition are treated exactly like normal spells.

Atrahasis
12-01-2007, 21:53
Actually, yes, prayers are spells. They are bound spells, which in 7th edition are treated exactly like normal spells.

No, they are cast like bound spells. They are not bound spells.